Author Topic: Looking to Buy OS Unopened 1-16 Boxes  (Read 29573 times)

Offline Tom Keen

Re: Looking to Buy OS Unopened 1-16 Boxes
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »
So the 1st series packs sold for $1000 apiece? If so, I guess we have some new valuation info!
Dynamic doesn't ever list his selling prices so how did you determine he sold series 1 packs for over $1000 each?  He never replied to your direct question nor mine when I asked him which full wacky packages boxes he was bringing to the show and his asking price. 

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »
so how much would you pay for 10th pack with Pupsi showing and 16th pack with scoot copy showing?
How much are you asking for each?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »
Dynamic doesn't ever list his selling prices so how did you determine he sold series 1 packs for over $1000 each?  He never replied to your direct question nor mine when I asked him which full wacky packages boxes he was bringing to the show and his asking price.

Because I had spies in place at the National and I know how much he sold them for.

Here's a direct quote from my man in AC:

"He is asking 1k apiece.....He will not budge on the price."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:27:38 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2016, 07:23:16 AM »
Because I had spies in place at the National and I know how much he sold them for.

Here's a direct quote from my man in AC:

"He is asking 1k apiece.....He will not budge on the price."
LOL!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2016, 07:47:57 PM »
How much are you asking for each?
Since everyone else seems to be PM'ing you, PM sent.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DynamicTwo

« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2016, 08:00:07 PM »
Let me try and straighten this out:

1 -- I did bring 4 unopened Wacky packages series 1 1973 with me, and only returned with 2 of them. Both were sold at $1,000, and each individual said they had been looking for one for 10 to 15 years. Neither even tried to negotiate with me; they didn't want to lose the pack. I also have one more Net 54 National attendee who wants one but we will see if that sale develops.

2 -- I thought I told everyone that I was bringing the following boxes with me: Series 7; Series 7 gumless; Series 12 (2); Series 13; Series 14 (2); Series 15.
I sold one box, a series 7 gumless complete box I had at home, since the one at the show was missing 3 packs.

3 -- I am really more of a box collector and seller; I would love to pick up packs for sale of the following series: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, and 16. I will pay 50 percent of what I would sell them for, and it sounds like some consider me high priced, so sell me your packs.

4 -- If I sell boxes at double what I pay for them, how can I buy packs off of eBay at $50.00? Then I would be paying $2,400 a box; where is my profit? I would buy common packs at $25 so I can double my money. Others I would pay up to $500 each for resale.

5 -- I really did not highlight my inventory of unopened boxes at the National since I was doing so well on all of my other items. Anyone at the show can confirm that all I did was put out a series 12 and 14 box in one of my showcases for the first 3 days, and I added a series 13 for the last 2 days. So it is not surprising that some collectors missed my display. I advertised my location and most heavy duty Wacky collectors found me; one day, I thought there was a meeting of all the wacky collectors in the room at my booth. Truthfully as Dave has said, boxes have dried up and all of my contacts are finding me very little as his are doing the same.

6 -- I am still buying unopened boxes and any of the packs I can buy in quantity, as I suspect that all of my boxes will eventually be sold to one of my competitors who has full-time customers for them. I actually think I may not do another show again until next year's National in Chicago.

7 -- Rather than make statements that are just guesses, you can always e-mail me directly at DynamicTwo@aol.com or call me on my cell 914-522-3853; I am always receptive to talking about non sports cards and in particular Wacky Packages original series and 1920's to 1950's non sports; let me know what you have for sale as I am looking for many different series, some for myself and others for customers.

8 -- How did I do at this year's National? I have set up a booth at every National except the first four of them. The last two Atlantic City Nationals were very forgettable, but this year's National was one of my best shows of all time, thanks to many large sales of sports cards and non-sports cards. Come see me at next year's National in Chicago when I will be the seventh or eighth booth straight in the door facing the concession stands.

Have a great last several weeks of the summer!!!

Steve

Offline bandaches

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2016, 06:11:40 AM »
Perhaps you are a tad over sensitive Steve.  I don't think anyone here is attacking you.  Just normal questions from folks reacting with intrigue about your hoard of stuff.

I believe any comments about ebay prices on packs are purely to indicate those represent fair market price.  You claim your prices are fair market prices when in fact they are not.  You are relying on finding the top 10% payers and as you have shown, it takes a good long time to find them.  That is not the definition of market price.  You have confused your buying and selling prices with a low volume of transactions as an indicator of wacky package fair market prices.  You have presented yourself as being more of an expert on the market prices of wacky packages packs and boxes than the audience here that likely have experts in this area.

Is the product drying up, possibly. Has demand slowed on this, much more so.  The hyper competitive big players who used to run each other up to buy uncut sheets, unopened packs and boxes and other premium wackys pretty much have what they want or in some cases, are unloading their hoard which means the market is not so dried up.  When the hyper competitive players were collecting display boxes, a weakies poster box would NEVER have sold for under $500, one just sold for barely half that on ebay.  An uncut series 12 sheet(while once of the most common ones) which hasn't been seen on ebay in quite some time, didn't even get a sniff at $200.  During the hyper days, it would be hard to find any uncut sheets under $500.

I still believe much of the demand for unopened wackys is for those who plan to kill the packs and feed this PSA craze.  Once the PSA craze crashes and burns due to saturation of high graded product, the unopened pack market will drop in value.

I do believe in the next 10 years or so, we could see a spike in the premium wackys value as it is quite possible all the kids buy have been buying ANS wackys for the last 12 years will get nostalgic about it much like everyone here has.  They will have disposable income as they would then be in their late 20's and 30's.  They will perhaps seek original wackys just like we all did in collecting diecuts and wacky ads which almost none of us had as kids.  For this reason, I have not been hyper about trying to sell my hoard of original series stickers.  When I retire, I will have plenty of time on my hands and perhaps then, this new market of wacky collectors will have this nostalgic kicking in :-)
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2016, 06:13:53 AM »
Let me try and straighten this out:

1 -- I did bring 4 unopened Wacky packages series 1 1973 with me, and only returned with 2 of them. Both were sold at $1,000, and each individual said they had been looking for one for 10 to 15 years. Neither even tried to negotiate with me; they didn't want to lose the pack. I also have one more Net 54 National attendee who wants one but we will see if that sale develops.

2 -- I thought I told everyone that I was bringing the following boxes with me: Series 7; Series 7 gumless; Series 12 (2); Series 13; Series 14 (2); Series 15.
I sold one box, a series 7 gumless complete box I had at home, since the one at the show was missing 3 packs.

3 -- I am really more of a box collector and seller; I would love to pick up packs for sale of the following series: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, and 16. I will pay 50 percent of what I would sell them for, and it sounds like some consider me high priced, so sell me your packs.

4 -- If I sell boxes at double what I pay for them, how can I buy packs off of eBay at $50.00? Then I would be paying $2,400 a box; where is my profit? I would buy common packs at $25 so I can double my money. Others I would pay up to $500 each for resale.

5 -- I really did not highlight my inventory of unopened boxes at the National since I was doing so well on all of my other items. Anyone at the show can confirm that all I did was put out a series 12 and 14 box in one of my showcases for the first 3 days, and I added a series 13 for the last 2 days. So it is not surprising that some collectors missed my display. I advertised my location and most heavy duty Wacky collectors found me; one day, I thought there was a meeting of all the wacky collectors in the room at my booth. Truthfully as Dave has said, boxes have dried up and all of my contacts are finding me very little as his are doing the same.

6 -- I am still buying unopened boxes and any of the packs I can buy in quantity, as I suspect that all of my boxes will eventually be sold to one of my competitors who has full-time customers for them. I actually think I may not do another show again until next year's National in Chicago.

7 -- Rather than make statements that are just guesses, you can always e-mail me directly at DynamicTwo@aol.com or call me on my cell 914-522-3853; I am always receptive to talking about non sports cards and in particular Wacky Packages original series and 1920's to 1950's non sports; let me know what you have for sale as I am looking for many different series, some for myself and others for customers.

8 -- How did I do at this year's National? I have set up a booth at every National except the first four of them. The last two Atlantic City Nationals were very forgettable, but this year's National was one of my best shows of all time, thanks to many large sales of sports cards and non-sports cards. Come see me at next year's National in Chicago when I will be the seventh or eighth booth straight in the door facing the concession stands.

Have a great last several weeks of the summer!!!

Steve
BTW - I believe you were directly asked several times for your full box prices, you never answered but it appears you have answered a hoard of questions that were never actually asked.

Offline DynamicTwo

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »
Rather than continue with a response, I am just answering one more question, and then ending with a request:

I did answer everyone's question about how much my boxes would be for sale for at the National; maybe it was vague, but that was my intention. I do not like publishing my for sale prices because I really don't think that this is the place to do that. I told the forum that I would buy all boxes (except 11th series) at the value that Dave just put on them somewhere in this thread, and I also said that I was in the business to double my money. Duh! Simple math to me.

As I also said previously, if you think my prices are way too high, take advantage of me and sell me your boxes and unopened packs at DynamicTwo@aol.com. Someone did just that before I left for the National; when I returned home I found a 7th series gumless box waiting for me, that I already had sold at the National. I also need 3 packs of 7th series gumless since the other box I have for sale is missing 3 packs.

Btw, no matter what anyone says on any of the forums (not just the Wacky ones), I continue to abide by my mother's comments, which I have heard from many other mothers, which is "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".

That is it from me on this thread.

Steve

Offline bandaches

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2016, 07:10:22 PM »
Rather than continue with a response, I am just answering one more question, and then ending with a request:

I did answer everyone's question about how much my boxes would be for sale for at the National; maybe it was vague, but that was my intention. I do not like publishing my for sale prices because I really don't think that this is the place to do that. I told the forum that I would buy all boxes (except 11th series) at the value that Dave just put on them somewhere in this thread, and I also said that I was in the business to double my money. Duh! Simple math to me.

As I also said previously, if you think my prices are way too high, take advantage of me and sell me your boxes and unopened packs at DynamicTwo@aol.com. Someone did just that before I left for the National; when I returned home I found a 7th series gumless box waiting for me, that I already had sold at the National. I also need 3 packs of 7th series gumless since the other box I have for sale is missing 3 packs.

Btw, no matter what anyone says on any of the forums (not just the Wacky ones), I continue to abide by my mother's comments, which I have heard from many other mothers, which is "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".

That is it from me on this thread.

Steve
Actually, this is your quote "Yes, I will be selling all of my Wacky boxes for more than $1,000 each".  You are right, you are purposely vague which seems to me is akin to having nothing to say, good point.

Three times you have lamented the fact that ONE person gave 2nd hand information that someone didn't see your table(Pupsi said Dan didn't see your table).  You seem unusually worried about that and less concerned with the actual dialogue on this thread which has been a reasonably open discussion about market prices of wacky package unopened material.

You have played both sides of the table claiming all packs are "worth $50 and more" yet you are not a buyer at $30 and $40 because it doesn't give you your desired "margin" all while claiming you are the expert on market value of these packs.  You have confused your dictated business model with market value.  No biggie, it is what it is.

Best of luck to you.

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2016, 08:02:45 AM »
Actually, this is your quote "Yes, I will be selling all of my Wacky boxes for more than $1,000 each".  You are right, you are purposely vague which seems to me is akin to having nothing to say, good point.

Three times you have lamented the fact that ONE person gave 2nd hand information that someone didn't see your table(Pupsi said Dan didn't see your table).  You seem unusually worried about that and less concerned with the actual dialogue on this thread which has been a reasonably open discussion about market prices of wacky package unopened material.

You have played both sides of the table claiming all packs are "worth $50 and more" yet you are not a buyer at $30 and $40 because it doesn't give you your desired "margin" all while claiming you are the expert on market value of these packs.  You have confused your dictated business model with market value.  No biggie, it is what it is.

Best of luck to you.
I know I asked Steve for his wacky package full box prices in a nice concise simple one sentence question and I didn't get the courtesy of a response, not even a vague answer about his required margins and such.  He did write a long post about the hundreds of other questions he felt were asked of him shortly after I asked.  I was a potential buyer but this isn't life or death for me so waiting to buy boxes from others is fine with me.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2016, 07:40:44 PM »
I know I asked Steve for his wacky package full box prices in a nice concise simple one sentence question and I didn't get the courtesy of a response, not even a vague answer about his required margins and such.  He did write a long post about the hundreds of other questions he felt were asked of him shortly after I asked.  I was a potential buyer but this isn't life or death for me so waiting to buy boxes from others is fine with me.
I know someone with full boxes for sale. I don't really want full boxes, only empty boxes missing from my collection hence why I am in touch with him. I will ask him if I can give you his cell number and if so, I will send you a PM.

anything