Author Topic: Numbers of foil stickers and Wacky subset stickers for 2000s-2010s Wackys  (Read 4775 times)

Offline mikecho

Now that I've done the bonus sticker numbers, let's move on to the next two things - the foil stickers and the Wacky subsets.

The foil stickers are easy. Only ANS3, ANS4, ANS5, ANS6 and ANS7 had them and all of them had 10 stickers each. The only differences were these:

*ANS3 had all-new Wackys that weren't found anywhere else and all of the other four sets had classic Wackys from the OS run.

*The first four sets came in classic foil and rainbow foil versions, while ANS7 was classic foil only.

Of course, everything in Chrome was foil, but it was foil cards instead of foil stickers and each one of the 110 base cards had nine variations: basic, refractor, blue refractor, gold refractor, atomic refractor, X-fractor, superfractor, blue Ludlow and gold Ludlow.

Now for the subsets. They are as follows:

*ANS6: 2 - What's In The Box?!? (10) and Make Your Own Wacky Packs (10)

*Flashback: 1 - Lost Wackys (8, all from the OS run and all of which were absorbed into the base stickers)

*Flashback 2: 1 - Lost Wackys (9, all from the lost 1992 Series and all of which were also absorbed into the base stickers)

*ANS7: 3 - Wack-O-Mercials (20), Wacky Websites (3) and Wacky Cereals (6, all of them from the OS run)

*ANS8: 2 - Pack To The Future (10) and Wacky Packages Go to the Movies (subset version) (8 (it was supposed to be 10, but two of them - Ironed Man and Avatart - were pulled and remain unpublished as stickers [UPDATE: Avatart has finally been released as a sticker in Wacky Packages Go to the Movies (series version) in the Classic Films subset (see below), while Ironed Man remains unpublished as a sticker to this day]))

*ANS9: 3 - Awful Apps (orange backs) (10), Lame Games (10) and Wacky Cereals (9, all of them from the ANS run)

*ANS10: 5 - Awful Apps (purple backs) (10), As Screamed on TV (10), Lost Wackys (3, all of them from the lost 1992 Series), Wacky Cereals (9; again, all of them from the ANS run) and Wacky Billboards (6, all of them made as both card backs and box-topper inserts)

*ANS11: 4 - Coming Distractions (9), Rude Food (9), Lost Wackys (3; again, all of them from the lost 1992 Series), Wacky Cereals (9; once again, all of them from the ANS run) and Wacky Billboards (6; again, all of them made as both card backs and box-topper inserts)

*Chrome: 4 - Wacky Ads (36 (IMO, this one should've been put in with the base cards)), Lost Wackys (10 (with 8 from Flashback, one from OLDS3 and one from the first and fourth printings (of a total of five in all) of the Abrams Books art book Wacky Packages), Cutting Room Floor (20, all based on rough art from the 1970s and first released as characters only in the Topps Wacky Packages "17th Series" 3-ring binder) and Where Are They Now? (5, all OS Wackys redrawn with modern-day (as of 2014) packaging artwork)

*2014 S1: 4 - Ridiculous Reads (10), Terrible TV (10), Lost Wackys (3, the first one from the 1985 series and the other two from the ANS run (the second one was originally intended for ANS2 and the third one was originally intended for ANS3)) and Wacky Billboards (6; once again, all of them made as both card backs and box-topper inserts)

*2015 S1: 4 (the first three of which were, once again, absorbed into the base stickers) -"Crazy Collectibles" (5),"Batty Baseball" (10), "Coming Soon" (5) and Wacky Billboards (6, but this time all six of them were done as just card backs, while only four of the six were done as box-topper inserts (the other two were never released as such for unknown reasons))

*MLB: 5 - Active Stars Autographs (5), Mascot Autographs (5), Seat Relics (5), Ticket Relics (10) and Box Toppers (4). It'll sure be interesting to see what comes next, if anything!

UPDATE 2: 50th Anniversary - 14 (in fact, this entire series was the first of two that were nothing but subsets) 50th Anniversary (9), Crazy Apps (9), Crazy Celebrities (9), Crazy Cereal (9), Crazy Pop Culture (9), Crazy Movies (9), Crazy Music (9), Crazy Politics (9), Crazy TV (9), Crazy Video Games (9), Best of the '80s (10), Best of the '90s (10), Best of the '00s (10) and Old School (10 (I like to call this subset Wacky Packages Old School 5.0)).   

UPDATE 3: Here are the OLDS subsets:

*OLDS 3: 1 - Wacky 1967 (11, including a checklist (nine of the 10 were released before in Flashback (all of which, as the subset's name suggests, were from the Die-Cuts) and one was both brand-new and originally intended for the Die-Cuts as a 45th sticker, but was never released as such)

*OLDS 4: 2 - Wacky Wrappers (14) and Old School All-Stars (9 (with one of the nine having four color variations, which are (going from common to rare) blue, green, orange and red, with the other eight cards only coming in blue)

*OLDS 5: 1 - Wacky Package Tattoos (18, with the first six of the 18 being all six of the pulled tattoos from the original 1974 Wacky Package Tattoos series)

*OLDS 9: 1 - Wacky Graduation Photos (first release) (20)

*OLDS 10: 2 - Wacky Graduation Photos (second release) (15) and Mad Caps (pogs) (15)   

UPDATE 4: Wacky Packages Go to the Movies (series version) - 10 (again, this entire series was the second and last of two that were nothing but subsets) Sci-Fi Film (30), Action (20), Animated (20), Horror (10), Fantasy (5), Comedy (5), Concession Stand (20), Small Screen (20), Classic Film (20) and Horror Film (10).

UPDATE 5: Here are the online subsets:

*All New Weekly Series 2020: 2 - Wonky Packages (30) and Guest Artist of the Week (29)

*All New Monthly Series 2021: 2 - Wonky Packages (48) and Wacky Playing Cards (53 (one of the playing cards was a mistake))

*All New Monthly Series 2022: 3 - Wonky Packages (48), Wacky Portraits (20) and Wacky Pals! comics (28).

*ANS 2023: 1 - Wacky Pals! comics (5).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 07:07:12 PM by mikecho »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
"Also,the first 4 sets came in classic foil and rainbow foil,while ANS7 was classic foil only. "

Could you elaborate on this. As far as I know, there is only one foil type for all those series.
Some ANS3 boxes& wrappers stated rainbow on them, but the contents were no different.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
"Also,the first 4 sets came in classic foil and rainbow foil,while ANS7 was classic foil only. "

Could you elaborate on this. As far as I know, there is only one foil type for all those series.
Some ANS3 boxes& wrappers stated rainbow on them, but the contents were no different.

My recollection is that there was never any difference in the ANS3 foil stickers regardless of whether the pack said "rainbow" or not, and that all ANS foils are the same type.  However, I think the ANS3 base stickers were glossier in one type of pack versus the other.

Offline mikecho

Rainbow foils changed to different colors in the light depending on the angle where you held the card, while classic foils lacked this feature. My personal Wacky collection in my 3-ring binder has rainbows in ANS3, ANS4, ANS5 and ANS6, but ANS7 is the only classic I've got. However, I kind of remember seeing both kinds in the first four of these when I was buying Wackys to get my series (and when I could afford to do so). Of course, I could be wrong. Has anyone else found foils as I've described here?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 01:16:52 PM by mikecho »

Offline crackedjerk

Rainbow foils changed to different colors in the light depending on the angle where you held the card,while classic foils lacked this feature. My personal Wacky collection has rainbows in ANS3,ANS4,ANS5 and ANS6, but ANS7 is the only classic I've got. However, I kind of remember seeing both kinds in the first four of these when I was buying Wackys to get my series(and when I could afford to do so). Of course,I could be wrong. Has anyone else found foils as I've described here?

I don't recall any different among foils in ANS3-7.

Offline mikecho

Let me elaborate on my collections. I've got rainbows in ANS3, ANS4, ANS5 and ANS6, but only classic in ANS7. In fact, when I bought a complete ANS7 set from Mark Shoemaker, I did ask about this, but was told that there weren't any rainbows in this one. Even eBay didn't have any listed - and believe me, I know, I've looked.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:46:49 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

The foil stickers, like the bonus stickers, are obviously finished for good, but the subsets seem to keep on coming! I'll put some more in soon as they come in.   UPDATE: Well, I finally got another subset listing in!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:47:29 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

Here are all of the online-only Wacky Packages subsets as of now:

All New Weekly Series 2020 (this series' subsets are...how should I say this?...complicated at best and confusing at worst, as will be apparent)

*Wonky Packages: 33 (4 in May, 4 in June, 5 in July, 4 in August, 5 in September, 4 in October, 4 in November and 3 in December (the card for the fourth week of December was a Thank You
card))
*Guest Artist of the Week: 25 (none in May, 4 in June, 5 in July, 5 in September, 4 in October, 4 in November and 3 in December (for the reason for December's number of cards, see the above line))
*Wacky Packages Initials: 4, all in August (and temporarily replacing the Guest Artist of the Week cards for that month) each with two letters that spelled out the word PACKAGES (i.e., PA, CK, AG, and ES), using Wacky Packages renditions of another classic Topps sticker series from the 1970s named Monster Initials (1973-1974). In addition to this, in July 2020 (which had five weeks of stickers instead of the usual four weeks), there were five extra base cards numbered 21 to 25 that spelled out the word WACKY (one letter on each of the five cards), and In September 2020 (which also had five weeks of stickers), the same thing was repeated, only with the letters on the five extra base cards, which were again numbered 21 to 25, spelling out the word TOPPS this time, both times using the same Monster Initials style; thus, the phrase TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES in Wacky Packages Initials (as it was called) was completed in one year between May 2020 (when the series was started) and December 2020 (when it was finished). There was also one Wacky Packages Initials logo card in August 2020 and two Wacky Packages logo cards in August 2020 and September 2020, the one from September being on the back of one of that month's three checklists. As a result, July 2020 and September 2020 do not have the usual puzzle card backs that make up two puzzles as the other six months do.

All New Monthly Series 2021 (this series' subsets were a little bit better than the previous series' ones, but not by much)

*Wonky Packages: 48 (four per month)
*Wacky Packages Playing Cards: 52 (4 each from January to August, 6 in September and 5 each from October to December, with one of them - the 3 of Spades - originally released in May 2021, then duplicated by mistake in August 2021 with different art and replaced by the 9 of Spades in September 2021 which, under normal circumstances, would have had 5; the two Jokers were the only playing cards in the "deck" that were not released in this subset for unknown reasons)

All New Monthly Series 2022 (this series' subsets were completely uncomplicated and unconfusing)

*Wonky Packages: 48 (four per month)
*Wacky Packages Portraits: 20 (four per month from January to May)
*Wacky Pals! (comics): 28 (four per month from June to December)

All New Series 2023

*Wacky Pals! (comics): 5
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 07:58:00 PM by mikecho »

anything