Author Topic: What's Your Favorite ANS Set?  (Read 5302 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

What's Your Favorite ANS Set?
« on: July 02, 2016, 04:14:01 AM »
What's your favorite ANS set?

I'm just gonna say ANS 4 has to be my favorite set. I really enjoy cards that have relation to horror and stuff like that for some odd reason. ANS 4 seemed to have a lot of those. (Creature Barrel, Mrs. Fiends, Fantom, After Life, and Chicken in a Casket,) to name my favorites...

So, what's everyone else's favorite ANS set? I'm excluding Old School by the way. Old School 1 is pretty great.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:26:03 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: What's Your Favorite ANS Set?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 06:29:44 AM »
ANS 3 is a huge standout for me!     There are so many awesome titles . . .

Spite, Lazy, Tantrum, Ego, Slacker Jack, Rasta Roni, Miracle Growl Plant Food

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »
What's your favorite ANS set?

I'm just gonna say ANS 4 has to be my favorite set. I really enjoy cards that have relation to horror and stuff like that for some odd reason. ANS 4 seemed to have a lot of those. (Creature Barrel, Mrs. Fiends, Fantom, After Life, and Chicken in a Casket,) to name my favorites...

So, what's everyone else's favorite ANS set? I'm discluding Old School by the way. Old School 1 is pretty great.

I liked ANS 6 for the title Pizza Hat.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »
"Discluding" isn't a real word. Did you mean to say "including" or "excluding"?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »
"Discluding" isn't a real word. Did you mean to say "including" or "excluding"?

It is actually a word, just not the right word.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 05:23:34 PM »
Then what is it? I ask foolishly.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »
Should be pretty clear from the context of the discussion what he means.  ANS and ANS only.  Berating him over word usage, WTF?  Is this SAT review class? 

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »
I have a soft spot for ANS 6 (love those 80 gags) but overall ANS 7 is my favorite.  If I'm not mistaken ANS 7 is Mark Parisi's first ANS set and the gag writing is superb!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 04:25:11 AM »

It's been changed.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 09:17:52 AM »
Thanks. Please don't be mad about the last post,it was supposed to be funny. Guess I should've put in "LOL" like I thought of doing a second too late.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »
Wow, Joe, thanks! And I didn't even pay you to say that. Much.
That's a detail I didn't think anyone cared about but me.

ANS7 will always be special to me for that reason. So will ANS8, because I contributed a ton of gags to that one. So for strictly self-absorbed reasons, I'd probably pick either of those.

I have a soft spot for ANS 6 (love those 80 gags) but overall ANS 7 is my favorite.  If I'm not mistaken ANS 7 is Mark Parisi's first ANS set and the gag writing is superb!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »
ANS4 & 6 are my favorites.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 04:01:15 PM »
My fave is ANS4.  Not only did I think the overall lineup was very strong, but it had some of my favorites of the whole ANS run.  Additionally, and just as importantly, I liked the magnet and foil subsets of original series stickers.  I didn't care for the gum (I believe that was the first ANS that had it.  Or was it ANS5?  I'm getting old.  Well, if ANS4 didn't have it, that's just one more reason why I liked it), but that's a relatively small complaint.  And as much as I still enjoy sketch cards, the overwhelming influx of so many subsets (particularly the colored borders which I dislike intensely) has been a real downturn in the wacky line, IMO.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »
ANS4 does have some great ones, both in gag and art: Creature Barrel, Orca Seltzer, Cannibal's Soup, Viper Rub, Robotussin, Philosophical Dream Cheese, Elder's Glue, Malomartians, Jujitsubees, Bug Red, Mrs. Fiend's. I also liked the non-character Bom because it looked like it could have come from the original series.

My fave is ANS4.  Not only did I think the overall lineup was very strong, but it had some of my favorites of the whole ANS run.  Additionally, and just as importantly, I liked the magnet and foil subsets of original series stickers.  I didn't care for the gum (I believe that was the first ANS that had it.  Or was it ANS5?  I'm getting old.  Well, if ANS4 didn't have it, that's just one more reason why I liked it), but that's a relatively small complaint.  And as much as I still enjoy sketch cards, the overwhelming influx of so many subsets (particularly the colored borders which I dislike intensely) has been a real downturn in the wacky line, IMO.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 12:17:35 PM »
ANS4 does have some great ones, both in gag and art: Creature Barrel, Orca Seltzer, Cannibal's Soup, Viper Rub, Robotussin, Philosophical Dream Cheese, Elder's Glue, Malomartians, Jujitsubees, Bug Red, Mrs. Fiend's. I also liked the non-character Bom because it looked like it could have come from the original series.

ANS4 was a great set.  Mallomartians, Philosophical Dream Cheese and Tacky Packages come to mind right away, possibly because I liked them so much that they're on my fridge.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 04:41:25 AM »
ANS4 for sure followed by ANS6 :great: :great: