Author Topic: PSA grading for checklists  (Read 8639 times)

Offline BAM

PSA grading for checklists
« on: June 16, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »
So, for the first time, I'm about to send some Wackys to PSA for grading. I think I'll probably send my entire series 1 collection. Have any of you ever sent them the checklists? Could you post a picture or two of a PSA graded checklist card? I'm interested to see how they are identified.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:46:59 PM by Doug W. »

Offline Dopey Whip

• Non-sports 1950's & Up, Wacky Packages 1973 & Up
Re: PSA grading for checklists
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:53:55 PM »
Here is a first set card...

Offline Dopey Whip

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »
Here's another ...

Offline BAM

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 03:53:43 PM »
That helps. Thanks, Dopey Whip.  :great:

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 04:09:02 PM »
They have a rather frustrating tendency to be inconsistent with the orientation they place the checklists in the holder.

Offline BAM

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 09:17:30 AM »
Well, for the first time, I just mailed some wackys to PSA for grading. I joined the club, so I used my 15 free vouchers, and sent in my first 15 series 1 white backs. Kinda excited to see what they come back as. I used their online submission form, which was pretty easy. I'm guessing most of them will grade from 5 to 7.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »
Well, for the first time, I just mailed some wackys to PSA for grading. I joined the club, so I used my 15 free vouchers, and sent in my first 15 series 1 white backs. Kinda excited to see what they come back as. I used their online submission form, which was pretty easy. I'm guessing most of them will grade from 5 to 7.

From your description of white-backs am I correct that you submitted stickers?  I hope you get good results.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:06:15 PM by RawGoo »

Offline BAM

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »
From your description of white-backs am I correct that you submitted stickers?  I hope you get good results.

Yep, 1973 Wacky Packs, Series 1, White Back stickers.

Offline BAM

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 02:13:29 PM »
BTW, how can I get a nifty animated avatar?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 02:20:56 PM »

You can go to   wackypackages.org   and they have animated pictures, but I resized mine and it's not animated anymore...  :sad:

Offline BAM

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »
One thing I've noticed.....the PSA website shows my package as "Received" on 7/8/16 (5 days ago), but the submission has not been entered in their database yet. According to their disclaimer "Please note that the turnaround time starts when the submission has been entered, not when the package was received."  IMO, this is just a way to "cheat" honoring their turnaround times. Yes, I know that turnaround times are not guaranteed, but they have had my package for five days now and have yet to record it as "submitted". This is for a "Regular" submission (clearly marked on the package), not "Bulk".

Offline Dopey Whip

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »

I made my own...

Offline BAM

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 04:17:24 PM »
One thing I've noticed.....the PSA website shows my package as "Received" on 7/8/16 (5 days ago), but the submission has not been entered in their database yet. According to their disclaimer "Please note that the turnaround time starts when the submission has been entered, not when the package was received."  IMO, this is just a way to "cheat" honoring their turnaround times. Yes, I know that turnaround times are not guaranteed, but they have had my package for five days now and have yet to record it as "submitted". This is for a "Regular" submission (clearly marked on the package), not "Bulk".

Yes, you can view it that way, but it is a fact of life that it takes up to five days for the submission to be logged in and appear on your account. That's when the turnaround time begins.

That's for one of the 50-day specials. If this is a regular submission (shorter turnaround) I would be surprised for loggage to take that long.

Offline BAM

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 04:26:32 PM »
Yes, you can view it that way, but it is a fact of life that it takes up to five days for the submission to be logged in and appear on your account. That's when the turnaround time begins.

That's for one of the 50-day specials. If this is a regular submission (shorter turnaround) I would be surprised for loggage to take that long.

What other way is there to view it? PSA received my package five days ago (according to their web page app), and they have yet to log it into their system as "submitted", which marks the beginning of their turnaround time countdown. Yes, this was a "regular" submission, and was clearly marked as such on the box, using my fifteen free vouchers for joining their club.

It isn't really a big deal to me, as I'm not in any hurry, and most of the rest of my submissions will probably be using "Bulk" club deals. I just find it rather "cheesy" that they try to pad their turnaround times with such a cheap gimmick.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 04:34:03 PM »
What other way is there to view it? PSA received my package five days ago (according to their web page app), and they have yet to log it into their system as "submitted", which marks the beginning of their turnaround time countdown. Yes, this was a "regular" submission, and was clearly marked as such on the box, using my fifteen free vouchers for joining their club.

It isn't really a big deal to me, as I'm not in any hurry, and most of the rest of my submissions will probably be using "Bulk" club deals. I just find it rather "cheesy" that they try to pad their turnaround times with such a cheap gimmick.

The same thing has been discussed repeatedly on the PSA forum, you're certainly not wrong, but that's just the way it is unfortunately. For your 7-day turnaround, though, I find that excessive, my submissions of that type have usually been logged in three days or so.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 04:35:55 PM »
There is a lot to complain about in terms of their protocols. I had 7 50-day submissions in a row completed in 14 days or less, while others on the PSA forums were complaining of being over the 50 day window. I have no idea why, dumb luck, my neat handwriting, who knows?

Offline BAM

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 04:37:20 PM »
The same thing has been discussed repeatedly on the PSA forum, you're certainly not wrong, but that's just the way it is unfortunately. For your 7-day turnaround, though, I find that excessive, my submissions of that type have usually been logged in three days or so.

Good enough. I haven't read any of the PSA forums. Like I said, no big deal. Two of those days were Sat/Sun.

Offline BAM

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 04:40:16 PM »
There is a lot to complain about in terms of their protocols. I had 7 50-day submissions in a row completed in 14 days or less, while others on the PSA forums were complaining of being over the 50 day window. I have no idea why, dumb luck, my neat handwriting, who knows?

You use handwritten submission forms?

I found their online form easy to work with.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 04:38:58 AM »
The online submission form was only rolled out in the last year. I haven't tried it yet.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 05:06:56 AM »
The online submission form was only rolled out in the last year. I haven't tried it yet.

The way things have been working out with you writing them by hand, why mess with a good thing?   :P

Offline BAM

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 08:41:47 AM »
It showed up this morning in their system as "submitted", six days after receipt.  :]

Offline BAM

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »
Just an update. Received the graded Wackys today. They all received a grade from 4 to 6, which is pretty much what I expected.

I didn't expect PSA to be this slow for a "regular" submission. My future submissions will be via "bulk" (except for coupons, etc.)

anything