Author Topic: "Sealing the Deal" for ANS  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Joe G.

"Sealing the Deal" for ANS
« on: June 16, 2016, 11:01:02 AM »
OK, I know, "Sealing the Deal" with ANS is impossible but now that we're in a bit of a lull in terms of new Wacky sets, I thought it might be interesting to see how far collector's got and how long they stuck in out in terms of completing ANS.  I realize there's been allot written about how impossible it was to complete sets starting with ANS 10 but it might be fun to see if anyone even got close.  Here's how I did:

ANS 1-6: Collected 'em all!
ANS 7: All except Gold which I purchased a single example of.  In terms of sketches I did a 'Rob Palmer' (one of each artist)
ANS 8:  Once again all except Gold. 'Rob Palmer' on sketches.
ANS 9:  Gave up completing Silvers (but they were very cool) and just got a single example of each variation and chase cards. 

In terms of sketches I gave up the 'Rob Palmer' and went for new artists so I had an example of their work.
ANS 10: At this point some collectors went for the Royal Straight Flush, all variations of a single title and I was no exception.  I went for Reepers, which was a fan favorite.  Didn't quite make it (never got a printing plate) but filled in missing examples with other titles.

ANS 11:  'Royal Straight Flush' for Mobster High and an example of each chase which started to get very cool with this set with the mini Patch Cards.

WP 2014:  'Straight Flush' for Friut Troll-Ups and examples of chase and sketch variations.

WP 2015:  'Straight Flush' with Explo and chase examples.

For all sets I have all base, bonus and lost Wackys.  For ANS 11 I have two of the 'C' back cards.

Now in writing this up I realize that this could get a little long so maybe just listing favorite chase sets completed (like I know Neil loved ANS 10's cloth set but not sure if he completed it) would be cool as well. 

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: "Sealing the Deal" for ANS
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »
The only full ANS set I have is ANS 3... I also have plenty of ANS 3 duplicates. I imagine that I completed all of the series at least 1 - 5 ANS but I remember selling a whole shoe box of ANS cards awhile ago, which is probably where all of my cards went. This isn't saying that I don't have any cards for the other ANS sets, though. I probably have half of ANS 1, missing like 3 ANS 2 cards, ANS 3 complete, half of ANS 4... without all my favorite 4 cards. It was a good series... I have like a fourth of ANS 5. I probably have a half of ANS 6. After that it's fairly blank because packs are overpriced and I only bought like one or two. ANS 9 and 11 are almost complete sets, but that's about it..

ANS is kinda not my thing, I just try to buy the old ones.  :great:

(I now have ANS 1-7, most of 8 and 9 thanks to Pupsi Cola)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:01:54 AM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 07:25:06 PM »
I have all of them .... and NO POOL ??? Ughhhh

Offline drono

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »
I have them all along with the sub sets.  I have most of the bonus stickers from the early series, but gave up after a while with so many different ones that were hard to find in retail outlets.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 11:46:09 AM »
OK, I know, "Sealing the Deal" with ANS is impossible but now that we're in a bit of a lull in terms of new Wacky sets, I thought it might be interesting to see how far collector's got and how long they stuck in out in terms of completing ANS.  I realize there's been allot written about how impossible it was to complete sets starting with ANS 10 but it might be fun to see if anyone even got close.  Here's how I did:

ANS 1-6: Collected 'em all!
ANS 7: All except Gold which I purchased a single example of.  In terms of sketches I did a 'Rob Palmer' (one of each artist)
ANS 8:  Once again all except Gold. 'Rob Palmer' on sketches.
ANS 9:  Gave up completing Silvers (but they were very cool) and just got a single example of each variation and chase cards. 

In terms of sketches I gave up the 'Rob Palmer' and went for new artists so I had an example of their work.
ANS 10: At this point some collectors went for the Royal Straight Flush, all variations of a single title and I was no exception.  I went for Reepers, which was a fan favorite.  Didn't quite make it (never got a printing plate) but filled in missing examples with other titles.

ANS 11:  'Royal Straight Flush' for Mobster High and an example of each chase which started to get very cool with this set with the mini Patch Cards.

WP 2014:  'Straight Flush' for Friut Troll-Ups and examples of chase and sketch variations.

WP 2015:  'Straight Flush' with Explo and chase examples.

For all sets I have all base, bonus and lost Wackys.  For ANS 11 I have two of the 'C' back cards.

Now in writing this up I realize that this could get a little long so maybe just listing favorite chase sets completed (like I know Neil loved ANS 10's cloth set but not sure if he completed it) would be cool as well.

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I stopped collecting a few years ago, but for whatever reason, I kept collecting the bonus cards (up until the most recent set). I'd love to get a set of the ANS10 cloths, but sadly, I was only able to get one of them :( . In fact, it might be easier to collect a set of the original 1st series cloth stickers from 1973!

anything