Author Topic: 11th Annual Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day!  (Read 42819 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: 11th Annual Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day!
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
The cards made it to here to Indiana today also!  :great:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
Neil,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! The hand written envelope is a keeper as well from a true Wacky Fan to another I thank you again kind Sir for all you give back to us!

Richard

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2016, 05:13:48 PM »
We're a little slower down here in South Florida. You know,with the seniors & all. Probably get mine next week.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2016, 05:36:36 PM »
Awesome job, Neil!  Thanks so much!

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2016, 05:44:22 PM »
Neil,

I was not expecting to get your envelope today Neil. I thought I had missed out. Your thoughtfulness is really amazing my friend. Thank you.

The time,effort and money you sink into the hobby just taking care of the forum members is really above and beyond. It is appreciated for sure Neil.

It really made my week finding your envelope in the mail.....I needed that...perfect timing man!

Jeff

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »
Single handedly keeping the Wacky flame alive... Cheers, Neil!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2016, 08:15:01 PM »
Neil,
Many thanks! Lynda and I really liked them! 

Offline drono

« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2016, 08:25:13 PM »
I got mine in Virginia.

Thanx!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2016, 08:58:55 PM »
Woohoo! as well.
Like opening an unexpected pack of wackys back in the day.
Thanks so much!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2016, 01:38:37 AM »
Got mine, too.  Thanks Neil!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2016, 04:40:57 AM »

Neil,
Is the Third Card : Led Baron with Red Background a "Bonus Card"? It does not have the black border and white background like the other.Thanks for the 3 cards.

Andrew

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2016, 06:54:22 AM »
Thanks Neil!! Awesome as always !! Stay Wacky!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2016, 07:49:31 AM »
Agreed! There's only one Norm Saunders! Thanks for sharing these very cool pics!

So, I hope everyone enjoyed the 11th Annual Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day! Time to start making plans for next year! Something worthy of a 50th Anniversary...

UPDATE: The promo cards should be ready to mail late next week (around 6/17)! I'll post here if that changes.

Thank you Neil, Got my cards yesterday.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2016, 08:55:25 AM »
Neil,
Is the Third Card : Led Baron with Red Background a "Bonus Card"? It does not have the black border and white background like the other.Thanks for the 3 cards.

Andrew

Just an extra. I thought I'd surprise everyone! Anyway, thanks again to everyone who participated in the Wacky Day fun! This forum crowd is second to none!

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2016, 09:42:13 AM »
Thanks Neil, got mine yesterday.

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2016, 05:52:41 PM »
Thanks Neil! Great cards.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2016, 06:18:25 PM »
Neil, they arrived in LA today and they are awesome!!!  For an unofficial Holiday, Wacky Day is the best!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »
My cards arrived today!  Thanks, Neil!  I was very impressed with all three cards.  Very much in keeping with the spirit and execution of the original series.  And they're made even better knowing the generosity behind them.  Thanks again, Neil, for keeping the wacky love alive!

Tom

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »
Hi Neil. The cards got here today. Thanks again . They look great. I like the backs of the cards also, unofficially of course.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2016, 08:52:15 AM »
Yeah, property taxes in Suffolk County are obscene.  Taxes on new houses in my area are routinely $15,000 per year or more!  I own a 1,200 sf, 58 year old house, so my taxes aren't so crazy - about $6,100.

Wow, $6,100 for property taxes? I can't imagine. I was born & raised in Florida (Tampa Bay area) and lived there all my life until last October. Part of the reason we left Florida was because of the rising costs of property taxes and insurance. We were paying $2,500 a year for taxes and $1,800 for insurance on a 2000 sf home on less than 1/4 acre we built in 1999. We moved to TN in Oct and bought a 3300 sf log home built in 2008 on 2 acres near the Smoky Mtn National Park. Taxes are $1,000 and ins is $600 per year.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2016, 08:57:45 AM »
well lucky for us Florida has no State Tax, I hear that is also a killer up north too

No state tax in TN either! And the state budget has a surplus. Makes you wonder how so many other states where the taxes are so much higher are in the red.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2016, 11:52:12 AM »
No state tax in TN either! And the state budget has a surplus. Makes you wonder how so many other states where the taxes are so much higher are in the red.

One oversimplified factor is population, right? Indiana and Illinois are roughly the same size in terms of geography. They are located the same in terms of latitude which means they get about the same weather which in terms means about the same amount of  road weathering, heating and cooling expenses, etc. IN has stayed in the black all through the latest recession. ILL is in financial turmoil. Of course there are other factors (such as corruption and waste - ahem) but population difference is by far the biggest (12.9 million in IL to 6.6 million in IN). 

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2016, 06:08:53 AM »
One oversimplified factor is population, right? Indiana and Illinois are roughly the same size in terms of geography. They are located the same in terms of latitude which means they get about the same weather which in terms means about the same amount of  road weathering, heating and cooling expenses, etc. IN has stayed in the black all through the latest recession. ILL is in financial turmoil. Of course there are other factors (such as corruption and waste - ahem) but population difference is by far the biggest (12.9 million in IL to 6.6 million in IN).
If it wasn't for corrupt Chicago, Illinois would have a surplus also.  If it wasn't for Chicago, Illinois would be a red state instead of a blue state.

Offline drono

« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2016, 06:26:02 AM »
If it wasn't for corrupt Chicago, Illinois would have a surplus also.  If it wasn't for Chicago, Illinois would be a red state instead of a blue state.

They have to pay all those dead people for voting!  It's a lot of work to dig yourself out of a grave and walk to the polls.  Dead people expect compensation too.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2016, 07:20:37 AM »
If it wasn't for Chicago,
Illinois would be less windy.   :P

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2016, 01:31:24 PM »
My cards arrived! Thanks so much Neil for making the world just a little more wacky -- your generosity is much appreciated!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »

The difference in population is a wash. More people x more revenue = more gov waste. You hit the nail on the head with corruption and waste.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »
Dang, I've been away from the board and missed the cool Neily Camerages this year. I love that you do this, though, Neil. You can see the excitement through the thread.

Just an extra. I thought I'd surprise everyone! Anyway, thanks again to everyone who participated in the Wacky Day fun! This forum crowd is second to none!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2016, 10:16:58 AM »
I just found my envelope buried within a bunch of folded up advertisements/junk mail!

Thanks Neil!         Dang, the pickles and the jar artwork is especially incredible

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2016, 07:25:55 AM »
That's awesome!  Sorry I missed it as well - great work!!
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2016, 08:13:48 AM »
This past week I made a pilgrimage to the NYC Brownstone in the upper west side where all the original Wacky Magic was created - The one and only Norman Saunders. Words cant express what an influence he has been in my life and also one of the best illustrators ever.

Amazing - I live in NYC and have never been up there - I need to go for a pic of my own. 

I do have the strange connection to Norm Saunders in that he was living in my small hometown in Nebraska when he passed away, and it is where he was laid to rest. 

I've long wondered if I passed him at my local Woolworth's or corner store or elsewhere, never knowing what an amazing talent I was standing next to. 

Not long after learning the news that he retired to my hometown, I would track down and visit his grave.  I've documented that here before and even posted photos. 

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »
Hello everyone on the forum. Sorry haven't been here in a while. I noticed i missed the unofficial Wacky Packages day and Neil made some new titles ! I did notice the MLB new Wacky's. Sorry, not a fan. Just last night my band was playing in Ocean City NJ on the Boardwalk and someone noticed my Wacky guitar. Turns out it was the wife of Wacky artist Jon Gregory - (hope I remembered correctly, everything happens so fast when there are a lot of people around). Anyway, their daughter had the keen eye to notice from a distance that it was indeed Wacky's on my guitar. That was cool.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »
Hello everyone on the forum. Sorry haven't been here in a while. I noticed i missed the unofficial Wacky Packages day and Neil made some new titles ! I did notice the MLB new Wacky's. Sorry, not a fan. Just last night my band was playing in Ocean City NJ on the Boardwalk and someone noticed my Wacky guitar. Turns out it was the wife of Wacky artist Jon Gregory - (hope I remembered correctly, everything happens so fast when there are a lot of people around). Anyway, their daughter had the keen eye to notice from a distance that it was indeed Wacky's on my guitar. That was cool.

Great to see you on the board again Jeff! It's been too long! You definitely need to post a pic of your guitar here! PS - Send me your addy and I'll send you this year's cards!  :great:

anything