Author Topic: Fight the Crickets: Share when you open packs of recent releases  (Read 28253 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Fight the Crickets: Share when you open packs of recent releases
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2016, 03:29:33 AM »
So much for your pack a day habit.

Still have packs for the pack a day habit. That resumes today. Yesterday opened 180 packs. Scored a Nertz Regular Refractor which was the last one I needed to complete the regular refractor base set. WOO  HOO!

Andrew

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2016, 03:55:01 AM »
Still have packs for the pack a day habit. That resumes today. Yesterday opened 180 packs. Scored a Nertz Regular Refractor which was the last one I needed to complete the regular refractor base set. WOO  HOO!

Andrew

Congrats.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2016, 04:17:20 AM »

Andrew

Congrats!  If I had known you needed the Nertz I would have sent it to you, but I'm sure it was a lot more fun pulling it from a pack!!!   :great:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2016, 06:03:22 AM »

Due to stress factors I have experienced this week ; I ended up opening ALL my chrome packs. The last batch of 200 packs yielded a cool Camera Cracked Animals Sketch. When things get tough in my life I turn to Wackies for stress relief instead of other more traditional avenues. So out of 1000 or so packs I did manage to pull two altered art/ mixed up character short print cards (Gadzooka and Campy) I very happy about that as I feel I beat the odds which are 1:1500 packs. Those two titles are my favorites of the 9 card set. Still looking for Ajerx and Quacker Oats Mixed-Up Character cards if anyone wants to work a deal for cash or trade.
I don't think I will be buying more Chrome packs anytime soon. I think I have enough chrome cards to deal with now and look forward to using them to spread the  wacky message.

Regards,  Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2016, 06:23:36 AM »
I also find Wackys a nice distraction from stress.  Unfortunately, at a certain point there aren't enough hours in the day to deal with the stressors and still play with Wackys.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2016, 07:47:50 AM »
I currently have a ping pong table that is not used so it serves as a sorting area for base sets. I have taken to handing out base sets to my neighbors kids. My Mom
lives in an assisted living home so her co-inhabitants will be receiving sets as well. Halloween is coming too so that is another avenue for swill distribution. Hopefully these efforts will make some kids and adults happy. Any other ideas would be appreciated. I have another 350 packs to open. Most are from value packs which contain 4 Bonus base cards so those base cards are multiplying.   8)
With all my extras I package them up in bundles of ten, and give them to kids at shows and flea markets, to get them interested in the hobby.  After you make all the sets that can be made, I would take the leftovers from you, I would even pay the shipping.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2016, 09:42:41 AM »
That's what hobbies are for!! A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 06:13:53 PM »
With all my extras I package them up in bundles of ten, and give them to kids at shows and flea markets, to get them interested in the hobby.  After you make all the sets that can be made, I would take the leftovers from you, I would even pay the shipping.
I will find local homes for all of these cards in due time. I may wallpaper my den with chrome cards.
Andrew

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2016, 05:59:35 AM »
Due to stress factors I have experienced this week ; I ended up opening ALL my chrome packs. The last batch of 200 packs yielded a cool Camera Cracked Animals Sketch. When things get tough in my life I turn to Wackies for stress relief instead of other more traditional avenues. So out of 1000 or so packs I did manage to pull two altered art/ mixed up character short print cards (Gadzooka and Campy) I very happy about that as I feel I beat the odds which are 1:1500 packs. Those two titles are my favorites of the 9 card set. Still looking for Ajerx and Quacker Oats Mixed-Up Character cards if anyone wants to work a deal for cash or trade.
I don't think I will be buying more Chrome packs anytime soon. I think I have enough chrome cards to deal with now and look forward to using them to spread the  wacky message.

Regards,  Andrew

Glad to see one of them showed up! Here's the rest of the 4 piece set:

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2016, 06:02:42 AM »
Very Nice Dr.D!