Author Topic: PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY!  (Read 14305 times)

Offline Bladerunner

PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY!
« on: June 02, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
I hate to have to bring this situation to the attention of the entire forum, but communication - if you can call it that –with member HUSTER08 is getting me nowhere.

On May 17th I paid HUSTLER08 for an OS Series 16 Sufferin sticker. His reply was “Great THX!! sending EOW...” Assuming that EOW meant “end of week,” I figured that would be plenty of time before I left town on June 4th.

I hadn’t received it by May 26th so I wrote asking if it had shipped yet. No reply. I wrote back again on May 31st asking when it was shipped and for tracking information. His reply: “Hi yes it was shipped i will sendtracking once i get it - lost the slip - might have thrown it out...thx.”

Since this sounded vague and didn’t answer my questions, I sent him a few more messages explaining that I was leaving town soon and needed it before I left. I explained that if I had a tracking number with an expected delivery date I could arrange for someone to come pick it up for me while I was away. I also asked for a refund in the event that it hadn’t actually been shipped at all. I sent him a few more messages, becoming more frantic each time.

Foolishly I assumed that HUSTLER08 would be prompt and communicate clearly. I assumed that if I paid for something 17 days before leaving town I’d have it in my hands before I left.  I have traded/bought/sold with a handful of respected members on this forum and I’m sure all of them can vouch for my credibility.

HUSTLER 08 wrote:  “you are a spaz - its only been one week since it was shipped - i will refund your $ tonight - the others were right - i s/h listened...”
AND:  “your money is refunded - i have a NEW buyer lined for $100 on it anyway - here i was trying to give you a deal....”

My money has NOT been refunded.

If any administrator can access my account they are welcome to read the all the correspondence between myself and HUSTLER08. Send me a PM for my password if necessary. I have nothing to hide. Perhaps I can be a bit of a spaz when I make a purchase and don’t receive what I bought, or a reason for the delay or an estimate of when I will eventually get it. Based on HUSTER08’s conflicting messages I have no idea is if was ever shipped. All I want is my money back.

Again, I hate like hell to have to bring this matter to the attention to the entire forum, but I would like the opinion of others. If my behavior was wrong I'd like to know about it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:12:11 AM by Bladerunner »

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: HUSTLER08 - PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 03:26:19 PM »
Not really wrongdoing on your part but I don't know what money's on the table.

Offline Bladerunner

Re: PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 03:28:55 PM »
Not really wrongdoing on your part but I don't know what money's on the table.

I paid $61.51 for the OS Series 16 Sufferin.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:21:06 AM by Bladerunner »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 03:57:13 PM »
HUSTLER 08 wrote:  “you are a spaz - its only been one week since it was shipped - i will refund your $ tonight - the others were right - i s/h listened...”
AND:  “your money is refunded - i have a NEW buyer lined for $100 on it anyway - here i was trying to give you a deal....”
I have dealt with him in the past without issue...though my recollection is that it does take him a bit to get things out the door.

Is anyone else bothered by the statement that it was shipped, but he has another buyer for it? Does/did he have more than one Sufferin? And if it was shipped a week before, shouldn't Bladerunner have it by then? I prob should just stay out of this.....   :^)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:00:02 PM by bigtomi »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 05:46:01 PM »
I always send a pic of the shipping label with the Tracking number, just a sayin'

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 05:53:21 PM »
I have dealt with him in the past without issue...though my recollection is that it does take him a bit to get things out the door.

Is anyone else bothered by the statement that it was shipped, but he has another buyer for it? Does/did he have more than one Sufferin? And if it was shipped a week before, shouldn't Bladerunner have it by then? I prob should just stay out of this.....   :^)

Yes, I was also bothered by the apparent contradiction of Hustler stating that he had already shipped it, and that he has another buyer willing to pay more for it.  I hope this can all be worked out amicably.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 07:15:39 PM »
I hate to have to bring this situation to the attention of the entire forum, but communication - if you can call it that –with member HUSTER08 is getting me nowhere.

On May 17th I paid HUSTLER08 for an OS Series 16 Sufferin sticker. His reply was “Great THX!! sending EOW...” Assuming that EOW meant “end of week,” I figured that would be plenty of time before I left town on June 4th.

I hadn’t received it by May 26th so I wrote asking if it had shipped yet. No reply. I wrote back again on May 31st asking when it was shipped and for tracking information. His reply: “Hi yes it was shipped i will sendtracking once i get it - lost the slip - might have thrown it out...thx.”

Since this sounded vague and didn’t answer my questions, I sent him a few more messages explaining that I was leaving town soon and needed it before I left. I explained that if I had a tracking number with an expected delivery date I could arrange for someone to come pick it up for me while I was away. I also asked for a refund in the event that it hadn’t actually been shipped at all. I sent him a few more messages, becoming more frantic each time.

Foolishly I assumed that HUSTLER08 would be prompt and communicate clearly. I assumed that if I paid for something 17 days before leaving town I’d have it in my hands before I left.  I have traded/bought/sold with a handful of respected members on this forum and I’m sure all of them can vouch for my credibility.

My money has NOT been refunded.-bullshit asshole...

If any administrator can access my account they are welcome to read the all the correspondence between myself and HUSTLER08. Send me a PM for my password if necessary. I have nothing to hide. Perhaps I can be a bit of a spaz when I make a purchase and don’t receive what I bought, or a reason for the delay or an estimate of when I will eventually get it. Based on HUSTER08’s conflicting messages I have no idea is if was ever shipped. All I want is my money back.

Again, I hate like hell to have to bring this matter to the attention to the entire forum, but I would like the opinion of others. If my behavior was wrong I'd like to know about it.

there it is - so FO

S Camera

Refund Sent

Jun

S Camera

Refund Sent
Loading transaction details for
S Camera

Refund Sent

$61.51

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 07:20:38 PM »
Hustler is a good guy who loves wackies. I am confident he will work this out to his buyers satisfaction.

Andrew

dude its done!! I had already refunded him and he sent this shit out anyway - others can vouch for me!! I am DONE with him!! nuf' said!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
So what are you going to do with it when you receive it since Hustler said it was shipped a week ago, it should arrive soon.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »
dude its done!! I had already refunded him and he sent this shit out anyway - others can vouch for me!! I am DONE with him!! nuf' said!!

You had NOT sent me a refund when I started this topic to call you out publicly. If you had I wouldn't have posted it. Since then you have STARTED to refund my payment - it's still pending. The funds are not back in my PayPal account. See attached screen capture.

How about responding to some of the questions from other forum members regarding your statements? You know, you really ought to re-read what you write before posting it. Maybe say it out loud to yourself a couple times to be sure it actually makes sense.

You never sent me the sticker but you said you did. I'm sure you intended to send it to me eventually - you just thought that waiting over two weeks before doing so and not communicating honestly was no big deal.

Once the refund you started is complete and I have my money back, THEN you'll be done with me.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:21:29 AM by Bladerunner »

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
So what are you going to do with it when you receive it since Hustler said it was shipped a week ago, it should arrive soon.

Yes, Hustler did SAY that, and he also said other things that would make anyone question whether or not that statement was true.

I leave town for 10 days on Sat June 4th. When I return, if his package/envelope has arrived I won't even open it. I'll send it back with tracking and I'll send him the number so he'll know when to expect it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:21:52 AM by Bladerunner »

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »
I'm more of a lurker in this forum, have been a member for nearly 5 years and have fun reading information about a hobby that I enjoyed when I was a young lad.

If I can hopefully speak for the others like me in the group of nearly 1000 members, I have to say that this thread is inappropriate for a forum like this.  Small disagreements like this are not part of the mission of this site and should not be aired publicly.  I'd recommend that the thread be taken down as soon as possible and others like it in the future be cut off before they progress.

Thanks for the consideration......Jeff

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 02:42:19 PM »
I disagree with the Post above. I think this is a proper place for grievances to be aired. If someone is having a problem with a member or an outsider  we should be aware. This particular one is probably a postal issue. I have bought from Joe Hustler08 a few times & never had a problem. I have a feeling this will be ironed out.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »
I'm more of a lurker in this forum ... I have to say that this thread is inappropriate for a forum like this.
Like Ruffs, I disagree with you on this. This is the best spot to air this, regardless of who is "right", "wrong" or anywhere in between. It was already discussed in PMs and obviously Blade didn't get the satisfaction he desired, became frustrated with the whole sitch and thought it best to place it into forum scrutiny to possibly help him figure things out and get it resolved....which seems to be close to being reached.

Also, Jeff, please take this as it is intended, which is as an observation: as someone who has truly not contributed to this site in any discernable way, who are you to tell us what is or is not "part of the mission of this site"? That declaration rather irked me, I'm afraid. As others here can attest, this thread is very tepid compared to what we used to get thrown our way. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »
Like Ruffs, I disagree with you on this. This is the best spot to air this, regardless of who is "right", "wrong" or anywhere in between. It was already discussed in PMs and obviously Blade didn't get the satisfaction he desired, became frustrated with the whole sitch and thought it best to place it into forum scrutiny to possibly help him figure things out and get it resolved....which seems to be close to being reached.

Also, Jeff, please take this as it is intended, which is as an observation: as someone who has truly not contributed to this site in any discernable way, who are you to tell us what is or is not "part of the mission of this site"? That declaration rather irked me, I'm afraid. As others here can attest, this thread is very tepid compared to what we used to get thrown our way.

Well put.  If things go south in a trade; the members on this forum may need to be aware and may be able to assist.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 07:39:55 AM »
I'm more of a lurker in this forum, have been a member for nearly 5 years and have fun reading information about a hobby that I enjoyed when I was a young lad.

If I can hopefully speak for the others like me in the group of nearly 1000 members, I have to say that this thread is inappropriate for a forum like this.  Small disagreements like this are not part of the mission of this site and should not be aired publicly.  I'd recommend that the thread be taken down as soon as possible and others like it in the future be cut off before they progress.

Thanks for the consideration......Jeff

Although this is an unpleasant issue, as best as I can tell, the buyer was told that the item was shipped but the tracking number lost, then was unable to get a response to his PM communications regarding not having received the item, and he felt that a public complaint was the only way he would be able to get the seller to resolve the issue.  It seems that a refund is now in progress as a result, and the seller has another buyer lined up.

Forum members trust other members when dealing, and we have a "Great Trader" thread for positive feedback which is full of posts, as most deals work out well.  However, sometimes things do go south, and I don't believe it is inappropriate for a member to use the public forum for negative feedback, so I see no reason to remove this thread.  Both the buyer and seller have posted their "sides" of the story; these two members likely won't deal with each other again in the future, but other members have the option to consider what was stated and decide for themselves whether or not it will change their willingness to deal with either individual.

Online quas

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 09:34:57 AM »
Although this is an unpleasant issue, as best as I can tell, the buyer was told that the item was shipped but the tracking number lost, then was unable to get a response to his PM communications regarding not having received the item, and he felt that a public complaint was the only way he would be able to get the seller to resolve the issue.  It seems that a refund is now in progress as a result, and the seller has another buyer lined up.

Forum members trust other members when dealing, and we have a "Great Trader" thread for positive feedback which is full of posts, as most deals work out well.  However, sometimes things do go south, and I don't believe it is inappropriate for a member to use the public forum for negative feedback, so I see no reason to remove this thread.  Both the buyer and seller have posted their "sides" of the story; these two members likely won't deal with each other again in the future, but other members have the option to consider what was stated and decide for themselves whether or not it will change their willingness to deal with either individual.

Well said.
Marc

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 09:19:26 AM »

One benefit of always shipping though the direct link on ebay is that an automatic tacking number is created and sent out to the purchaser.  If you mail through the post office you have to keep track of all of the records yourself.  All you have to do is print and either tape or stick it to the package and it is a done deal.  I buy and sell quite a lot.  Yes, it is a pain to mail things out on a regular basis, but it is part of the deal that if you sell you should get the mail out in a reasonable amount of time.

And I also agree with using this forum for a grievence, but only if you have tried on your own for some time with no success.  I agree that they should not be started here in the forum.  I am a former regular forum member dating back to 2004, and I don't post a lot anymore, but I would avoid the threads on beefs if they got out of control. - Bill
Still looking for Series 17

Offline bandaches

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:14 PM »
One benefit of always shipping though the direct link on ebay is that an automatic tacking number is created and sent out to the purchaser.  If you mail through the post office you have to keep track of all of the records yourself.  All you have to do is print and either tape or stick it to the package and it is a done deal.  I buy and sell quite a lot.  Yes, it is a pain to mail things out on a regular basis, but it is part of the deal that if you sell you should get the mail out in a reasonable amount of time.

And I also agree with using this forum for a grievence, but only if you have tried on your own for some time with no success.  I agree that they should not be started here in the forum.  I am a former regular forum member dating back to 2004, and I don't post a lot anymore, but I would avoid the threads on beefs if they got out of control. - Bill
I avoid threads with beefs says the guy whose avatar spoofs Big Mac!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 03:30:56 AM »
While I think these threads are helpful; I don't like the fact that regardless of the outcome - every time I visit here I see the inflammatory headline which disparages Hustler's reputation. If this has been settled; can the headline be edited to reflect that fact?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 04:57:11 AM »
While I think these threads are helpful; I don't like the fact that regardless of the outcome - every time I visit here I see the inflammatory headline which disparages Hustler's reputation. If this has been settled; can the headline be edited to reflect that fact?

I've been in contact with both members, but have not yet been informed that it is settled.  Based upon what I read and was told, I think the thread should remain as-is, at least for now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:09:43 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 06:30:23 AM »

Thx Dr. Deal - He got his money a week ago - it CAME OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SO HE HAS IT!! THEN HE WENT ON VACATION OF COURSE HE WON'T REPLY NOW!! GET RAW GOO - THIS IS STUPID ALREADY!!

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 08:13:57 AM »
Hustler,

Instead of everyone trying to piecemeal the facts, why don't you tie this all together so it can be put to rest. 
1) When exactly did you get payment,
2) when exactly did you mail the card,
3) when exactly did it come back to you,
4) when exactly did you sell it to someone else for more money per your claim
5) when exactly did you issue the refund.

From there, one can decide the proper title to this thread. 

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 08:45:46 AM »
I avoid threads with beefs says the guy whose avatar spoofs Big Mac!
lol

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »
A few members have sent me a PM asking what has developed in this situation. I did receive a refund via PayPal that has cleared. Last night I returned home and opened ten days worth of mail. I DID NOT receive the Sufferin sticker that Hustler08 stated was shipped to me weeks ago. Members can draw their own conclusions from this based on the information I already shared.

Again, the only reason I started this thread was because I felt private communication was getting me nowhere, and another respected member of the forum suggested I do so. I believe all forum members should have knowledge of bad a trade/sale - just as they do when all goes well. This is good information to have when considering future transactions.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:22:17 AM by Bladerunner »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 09:20:58 PM »
I've been in contact with both members, but have not yet been informed that it is settled.  Based upon what I read and was told, I think the thread should remain as-is, at least for now.
I had been away from this forum for like 2 years so I missed the transition of admin to you. Has the group expected you to intervene on stuff like this?  I don't think it is fair to put you under this pressure.  You can't win.  At some point you will be accused of overstepping your bounds. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 02:05:45 AM »
I had been away from this forum for like 2 years so I missed the transition of admin to you. Has the group expected you to intervene on stuff like this?  I don't think it is fair to put you under this pressure.  You can't win.  At some point you will be accused of overstepping your bounds.

It's still Brad's forum, but I help out with the day-to-day stuff like spammers, and I can rename, move, edit or delete posts and threads when necessary.  In this case, I didn't really intervene, just tried to get enough information to decide whether to leave the thread up.  But you're right, sooner or later I'm probably gonna get bitten in the backside. 

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 06:11:49 AM »
A few members have sent me a PM asking what has developed in this situation. I did receive a refund via PayPal that has cleared. Last night I returned home and opened ten days worth of mail. I DID NOT receive the Sufferin sticker that Hustler08 stated was shipped to me weeks ago. Members can draw their own conclusions from this based on the information I already shared.

Again, the only reason I started this thread was because I felt private communication was getting me nowhere, and another respected member of the forum suggested I do so. I believe all forum members should have knowledge of bad a trade/sale - just as they do when all goes well. This is good information to have when considering future transactions.
Thanks for handling yourself in a dignified manner !!.................LM
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2016, 09:18:24 AM »
I just re-titled my original post so this thread now reads "PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:08:17 PM by Bladerunner »

Offline bandaches

Re: PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY! TEST
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »
I just re-titled my original post so this thread now reads "PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY."
Did you notice it changed only your posts and the heading of this thread since you started it?  All other previous posts headings have "hustler".  I guess this is a de-normalized database as new posts will carry your new thread heading.  Seems silly that each posts carries it at all.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:27:55 PM by bandaches »

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 12:59:41 AM »
Did you notice it changed only your posts and the heading of this thread since you started it?  All other previous posts headings have "hustler".  I guess this is a de-normalized database as new posts will carry your new thread heading.  Seems silly that each posts carries it at all.

I changed the title of the original post so the thread has a new name, but I had to manually change the title of each of my replies.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 02:20:16 PM »
It's still Brad's forum, but I help out with the day-to-day stuff like spammers, and I can rename, move, edit or delete posts and threads when necessary.  In this case, I didn't really intervene, just tried to get enough information to decide whether to leave the thread up.  But you're right, sooner or later I'm probably gonna get bitten in the backside.

From where I'm sitting, Brad made a great choice when he asked you to be the forum administrator. Thanks for doing a thankless job so well!

Online quas

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 04:19:17 PM »
From where I'm sitting, Brad made a great choice when he asked you to be the forum administrator. Thanks for doing a thankless job so well!

Agree, thanks Pat!! :great:
Marc

Offline bandaches

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 04:19:35 PM »
I changed the title of the original post so the thread has a new name, but I had to manually change the title of each of my replies.
yeah, de-normalized, silly that the thread name is even maintainable in responses, poor design.