Author Topic: WP Chrome Mixed-Up Character/ Altered Art Card Roll Call  (Read 32568 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Re: WP Chrome Mixed-Up Character/ Altered Art Card Roll Call
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2016, 08:05:23 AM »
I love all the pics but it would be nice if we took the time and scanned and posted them here for all to better enjoy!

Offline quas

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2016, 04:41:21 AM »
I recently pulled a Capn Crud altered art card that I was planning on putting on ebay.....unless I receive a good offer.  No superfractors in a long time. I still am always hopeful for another one of Neil's chrome sketches.
Marc

Offline big arn

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2016, 09:03:07 PM »
I recently pulled a Capn Crud altered art card that I was planning on putting on ebay.....unless I receive a good offer.  No superfractors in a long time. I still am always hopeful for another one of Neil's chrome sketches.

Come on Marc ...... I'm waiting for you to pull a Campy or Gadzooka altered art / mixed up character card! :)

-- Bruce

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 04:51:54 PM »

I thought I would post a few pics of my Current Chrome Display. I have one color and one B & W Sketch in there as placeholders for the last two cards I am seeking to complete the set (Quacker Oats and Ajerx). I do not get tired of this set as time goes by. The Cards with Altered Art (Campy, Kook-Aid, Demented, Cap'n Crud) always make me smile; especially Campy w/ The Ugly Button Gangster. The mixed-up Character Cards are great too; especially Gadzooka with The Minute Lice Lady on it. I think Bazooka Joe is happier with her on the pack than the Schoolteacher. The changed images of Iconic Titles on the chrome cards are such a great presentation IMO. I just wish they wern't so hard to come by. I still can't fathom that I pulled Campy and Gadzooka. I traded a Superfractor(Sailem) to get Gadzooka and then pulled one out of a Blaster Box. I was able to trade the Gadzooka for another card in the set so that was still a great pull.

Andrew

Wow! That's an impressive collection!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:52:25 PM by RawGoo »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »
Sealed the deal today for Ajerx and Quacker Oats which completes my 9 Card Chrome Altered Art / Mixed-Up Character set. I will post a pic of the group once they arrive.

Completing that set was a long journey to say the least! Many thanks to those on this board who helped me get there.

Regards,  Andrew

Offline quas

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2016, 07:38:06 PM »
Sealed the deal today for Ajerx and Quacker Oats which completes my 9 Card Chrome Altered Art / Mixed-Up Character set. I will post a pic of the group once they arrive.

Completing that set was a long journey to say the least! Many thanks to those on this board who helped me get there.

Regards,  Andrew

Congratulations Andrew!!
Marc

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 06:41:15 PM »
Andrew - PLEASE!!! Scan them puppies and post!!!!

Richard

Offline quas

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2016, 06:59:01 PM »

Regards,  Andrew

The mixed up art seem harder to find than the altered art.  I think that's because the altered art cards are so obviously different than the unaltered cards, whereas the mixed up art cards are more subtle and someone (like a kid) could easily miss the fact that they are mixed up. 
Marc

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »
Andrew - PLEASE!!! Scan them puppies and post!!!!

Richard

I second that!!! Post Post!
Alex

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 05:04:17 PM »
Very nice set!

Personally, I'd lean toward removing them from the acrylic protectors and mount the entire set in a custom made matted frame with non-reflective glass.  (It would be one mat, but cut out in 10 individual places for the 10 cards.  Maybe 2 rows of four verticals, and the two horizontals below?)  Pricey?  Yes.  But as I said, it's a very nice set, and I think it would be worth it.  As you said, it's you're favorite set - your Hope Diamond.

I would also suggest putting them in a place where the daylight won't fade them.  If I can see the daylight reflected in the cards, so can Koduck/Quacker Oats and Mr. Demented Whatever-It-Is (who, incidentally, I've taken a real liking to.)

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »
I display my medallions and patches using clear acrylic display racks from here:

http://cleardisplays.com/

Check it out, there's lots of options for your particular needs.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 10:10:22 AM »
Thanks for the link. Can you post a pic of your clear acrylic displays. I could not seem to locate those in their on-line offerings.

Thanks, Andrew

There's a couple of pictures in this thread:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=3863.msg72493#msg72493

Here's the product:
http://cleardisplays.com/by-use/greeting-cards/tiered-note-card-racks-8915/

There's a number of variations, based on the size you need.

Offline big arn

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2017, 07:16:56 PM »
I am still waiting for a Gadzooka / Minute Lice to come up again ........ last one I need to complete my set.

-- Bruce

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2017, 02:12:37 AM »
I am still waiting for a Gadzooka / Minute Lice to come up again ........ last one I need to complete my set.

-- Bruce
I traded the Sailem Superfractor for that card. Then I pulled one out of a pack and traded it for another card I needed in the set. Best of luck in scoring one. I think there are more out there in packs so just wait.

Andrew

Offline big arn

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:54 PM »
I traded the Sailem Superfractor for that card. Then I pulled one out of a pack and traded it for another card I needed in the set. Best of luck in scoring one. I think there are more out there in packs so just wait.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew.  I am patiently waiting. ;)

-- Bruce

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2017, 02:36:14 AM »
Here is my framed set of 9 Mixed Up Character/ Altered Art Cards. I kept them in the Acrylic Protectos.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:06:12 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2017, 03:55:30 AM »
Here is my framed set of 9 Mixed Up Character/ Altered Art Cards. I kept them in the Acrylic Protectos.

Very nice!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:53:58 PM by RawGoo »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2017, 01:18:52 AM »
Awesome

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »

Nicely done display!

I hadn't really thought about this before, but it's interesting that this subset has some cards with characters from different Topps series and some with characters from different Wacky stickers.  A part of me says it would have been cooler to have a series with ALL characters from non-Wackys and one with characters from the "wrong" Wacky.  I think the duck swap on Quaker and Koduck is wonderful.  I'd love to see more of that.  As I would more Wackys with characters from Mars Attacks, Monster Initials, GPKs, etc.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:54:19 PM by RawGoo »

Offline quas

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2020, 08:59:07 AM »
Stepping away momentarily from all attention lately on the new 2020 weekly series......yesterday I pulled a Chrome Campy altered art card that I was planning on listing on ebay for $499.99 "or best offer".....but I'm giving Forum members first crack at it.

Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2020, 12:43:07 PM »
Stepping away momentarily from all attention lately on the new 2020 weekly series......yesterday I pulled a Chrome Campy altered art card that I was planning on listing on ebay for $499.99 "or best offer".....but I'm giving Forum members first crack at it.

That is one of the best Chrome Chase cards. I pulled one out of Bonus Box pack.  Congrats!!

Offline quas

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2020, 02:39:59 PM »
I just sold it on ebay and the buyer asked if I know anyone selling any more of these so he can try to put together a set of all 9.  If anyone has any they're looking to sell, I can put you in touch with the interested party.
Marc

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2020, 05:42:19 PM »
I've been stuck on 7 out of the nine for a few years.  Still looking for two of the mixed up characters: Ajerx w/ Gadzooka and Gadzooka w/ Minute Lice.  If anyone has either of these and is willing to part with them, let me know..

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »
Love this set. The Gadzooka w Minute Lice Lady is the Centerpiece of it IMO. I traded the only SuperFractor Sailem ever made for one; then pulled one out of a value pack a week later. I then traded that for another one of the nine I needed. I think I purchased about 2000 packs trying to pull these cards and only piulled two titles (Gadzooka and Campy).  Such a rough set to assemble. It took me a year and a half when they were new. Best of luck in the hunt. You never know when one will pop up on the bay.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »
Can someone post a picture of all 9 (or is it 10?) altered art and mixed up character chrome cards on this thread again?
The pics are missing - A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2020, 11:55:44 PM »
Can someone post a picture of all 9 (or is it 10?) altered art and mixed up character chrome cards on this thread again?
The pics are missing - A

I modified the posts to restore the pics.

Offline quas

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 08:24:26 AM »
The pics are missing - A

It's 9.  I wish Topps would do more of these.  Perhaps similar to the Comic Book Foldees of the 1960's, but with Wacky characters instead, starting with Original Series characters only.

Or just simply more mixed up's, again starting with Original Series characters only.  There are so many possiblities.  And these looked great in Chrome.
Marc

Offline quas

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2020, 01:28:36 PM »
A non-Forum member has offered $350 apiece for any of the mixed up / altered art Chrome cards for Kook- Aid, Gadzooka, Ajerx, or Commie Cleanser, if anyone is interested in selling.
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2020, 02:32:58 PM »
A non-Forum member has offered $350 apiece for any of the mixed up / altered art Chrome cards for Kook- Aid, Gadzooka, Ajerx, or Commie Cleanser, if anyone is interested in selling.

unfortunately, all I have is the Cap'n Crud.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
I'd top that offer for the Ajerx and/or Gadzooka to finish my set.

Offline quas

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2020, 07:47:47 AM »
The non-Forum member said he'd pay "top dollar".  I told him he needed to define that since it was basically meaningless, and so he did.  Frankly I don't think $350 is "top dollar" for the ones he's looking for.
Marc

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2020, 10:06:19 AM »
I modified the posts to restore the pics.

Thanks - those are great pics - A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
The non-Forum member said he'd pay "top dollar".  I told him he needed to define that since it was basically meaningless, and so he did.  Frankly I don't think $350 is "top dollar" for the ones he's looking for.

I would think a Gadzooka would pull at least $500 these days. I don't think there are more than 4 forum members who own Gadzooka.

Andrew

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »
It's funny, looking at these, I'm sure I pulled a couple.  But not being into the ANS stuff so much & not knowing they were that rare... I think I might have either given them away or put them in a stack for my kid to mess with.  Can't be sure.  But a couple of them look really familiar.  It was a great idea, and yes... it would be really cool to see some more.  I really like the ones that aren't blatent and make you do a double-take, like Koduck & Gadzooka.  Are they really each worth hundred$?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »
It's funny, looking at these, I'm sure I pulled a couple.  But not being into the ANS stuff so much & not knowing they were that rare... I think I might have either given them away or put them in a stack for my kid to mess with.  Can't be sure.  But a couple of them look really familiar.  It was a great idea, and yes... it would be really cool to see some more.  I really like the ones that aren't blatent and make you do a double-take, like Koduck & Gadzooka.  Are they really each worth hundred$?

The Altered Art / Mix Up Character Cards were inserted 1/1500 packs. That is why they are soooo rare. To get all 9 of them you needed to crack over 10,000 packs. I made it my mission to complete that set. It took me quite a while and it remains one of my most prized Wacky Sets.  Such a cool set!  I remember pulling Gadzooka and Campy out of the packs. Something did not look right and that was a total head rush!

Andrew
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:52:01 PM by DrDeal »

anything