Author Topic: Spring Non-Sport Show in Allentown (May 14th/15th).  (Read 15277 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Spring Non-Sport Show in Allentown (May 14th/15th).
« on: April 30, 2016, 03:21:42 PM »
2 weeks from today another gathering of non-sport collectors will be attending the show at the Merchant Square Mall, Time to get a head count, I plan on attending Sat. and hoping to stay over. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Spring Non-Sport Show in Allentown (May 14th/15th).
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:30:51 PM »
I will be attending Saturday.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »
I will NOT be there.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 04:01:45 PM »
I intend to be there Saturday.

Offline Kook

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »
Planning to go on Saturday

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »
If really bad weather, maybe I'll be there. otherwise, need to be involved in my kids soccer that day.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline quas

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 03:11:13 PM »
I'll be there!
Marc

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 05:43:57 AM »
I will be there

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
Red has me hanging here like a side of beef so I can't make it

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 07:11:21 AM »
2 weeks from today another gathering of non-sport collectors will be attending the show at the Merchant Square Mall, Time to get a head count, I plan on attending Sat. and hoping to stay over. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Hey Shoe, there is a good chance that I will be able to go this year, first time in many, many years.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 08:02:07 AM »
Hey Shoe, there is a good chance that I will be able to go this year, first time in many, many years.

Happy to hear that Bill, It has been a long time, Last time I saw you I believe it was at the campus center in Mt. Laurel.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »

Happy to hear that Bill, It has been a long time, Last time I saw you I believe it was at the campus center in Mt. Laurel.

I loved that venue. Lots of well-lit, clean tables for trading. Allentown location sucks.

Offline quas

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 01:33:41 PM »
I loved that venue. Lots of well-lit, clean tables for trading. Allentown location sucks.

I like Allentown, if only for the "old world" feel of that mall, with its bizarre "manual ebay" auction section within the mall.  There is also a good store there for supplies like toploaders of all sizes, all variations of Ultra Pro pages, plastic sleeves, etc.
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 02:46:08 PM »
Allentown location sucks.
LOL. Wacky RainMan.   :P

I only went to Mt. Laurel once, in 2005. I do recall it having a MUCH nicer and larger area for getting together, trading, etc.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
Can't make this one. I'm hoping to come out next year for the 
50th Anniversary of Wackies. Will see how things go. Have a great time to all the attendies!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 05:15:38 PM »

For those of you coming on Sat. If anyone has any empty gravity feed boxes, I need an ans 1, 2, 4, 5, and 10. Send me a pm by tomorrow night as I'll be leaving early Sat. morning and won't be able to see your reply.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 07:33:44 PM »
Hey, Shoe

I don't believe there was a gravity feed for ANS1.  If you don't end up getting a 4 or 5, let me know as I may have an extra.

For those of you coming on Sat. If anyone has any empty gravity feed boxes, I need an ans 1, 2, 4, 5, and 10. Send me a pm by tomorrow night as I'll be leaving early Sat. morning and won't be able to see your reply.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 04:43:13 AM »
I hope everyone has a good time at the show tomorrow!  If anyone can pick up a promo pack for me I would appreciate it.

Hopefully I'll be having fun killing Mars Attacks packs.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 02:32:15 PM »

I don't believe there was a gravity feed for ANS1. 
there wasn't, but what if there was....

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
there wasn't, but what if there was....

(Image removed from quote.)

Hey Patrick, Are any of these available or are they a part of your collection?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 08:52:38 PM »
Hey Patrick, Are any of these available or are they a part of your collection?
None available, All part of my collection of boxes

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 04:33:13 PM »
I picked up original Scoot for $5, great shape, and Yich's, with bit on the top peeled off, for $1. Also got my first two die-cuts. Dan McKee gave me a free Fearstone since I didn't have any die-cuts, and I bought a Demented for $20 a bit later. I also got many other old cards, and a huge box of random old and new Wacky's for $5. Had fun.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 09:11:23 PM »
None available, All part of my collection of boxes

Nice collection indeed.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 01:37:38 PM »

Great hanging out this past weekend with David S, Tom P, Marc S, Bill F, Anthony, Tom, Mark, Joe L, John G, and Matt S. I was able to sell all the sets I brought along and the binders as well, Bought 2 16th singles for 1 collector on here and a 4th and 12th series card for 1 other forum member. My intentions for this show was selling stuff, But for the fall one, My focus will be more on buying.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »
Thank you Brother Shoe. The Unofficial Official Spokesperson of the Philly Shows.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »
Any good finds at this show or did you leave it all behind for me to unearth some day in the future if I can make a show again?  Rumor is a full series 16 set and a series 1 tan set walked in and sold to a dealer....sounds like horse manure to me as anyone with those two sets certainly would have the sense to shop it online in some manner.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 07:32:19 PM »
I saw nothing of note on the floor except for Dan's stuff. Pretty bad show for vintage wackys.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »
I saw nothing of note on the floor except for Dan's stuff. Pretty bad show for vintage wackys.
Agreed, if my opinion means anything. Just a couple of low-lifes rumored to be selling Wackys out in the mall. Naughty collectors!   :-\  :P

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »
                                                                NEXT TIME TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY THINK
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
Any good finds at this show or did you leave it all behind for me to unearth some day in the future if I can make a show again?  Rumor is a full series 16 set and a series 1 tan set walked in and sold to a dealer....sounds like horse manure to me as anyone with those two sets certainly would have the sense to shop it online in some manner.

Dan bought a whole series 16 set.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 02:32:50 AM »
The one drawback to having a table at the show is not being able to get out and "shop". When things slowed down on Saturday, I did get a chance to visit Dan's table and talk for a bit. Thankfully, Matt stopped by my table and I was able to buy a much needed 16th title from him for a set I'm completing. He had three others that I desperately needed, but was too cash poor to acquire! My highlight of the weekend took place at the Card Talk get together on Sunday morning. After the presentation and Q&A, there is a traditional raffle consisting of various items supplied by dealers and manufacturers. My number was called toward the end of that segment and I am now the proud owner of an uncut "Mars Attacks Occupation" sheet that contains a full sub-set of Neil's "Attacky Packages" images!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 08:34:00 AM »
The one drawback to having a table at the show is not being able to get out and "shop". When things slowed down on Saturday, I did get a chance to visit Dan's table and talk for a bit. Thankfully, Matt stopped by my table and I was able to buy a much needed 16th title from him for a set I'm completing. He had three others that I desperately needed, but was too cash poor to acquire! My highlight of the weekend took place at the Card Talk get together on Sunday morning. After the presentation and Q&A, there is a traditional raffle consisting of various items supplied by dealers and manufacturers. My number was called toward the end of that segment and I am now the proud owner of an uncut "Mars Attacks Occupation" sheet that contains a full sub-set of Neil's "Attacky Packages" images!

I went with what was said above by Dave for the Show...nothing of note for Vintage Wacky's BUT Congrats on the Raffle Win!! MAO is a great set!! Topps had nothing @ their table of note? Seems to be getting worse for Wacky's  >(

Offline quas

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »
I went with what was said above by Dave for the Show...nothing of note for Vintage Wacky's BUT Congrats on the Raffle Win!! MAO is a great set!! Topps had nothing @ their table of note? Seems to be getting worse for Wacky's  >(

The Topps table was the worst it's ever been.  Absolutely nothing in the way of Wackies.  No Dave Gross at the table, no Joe Simko or Jeff Zapata at the table, etc. - a big fat zero!  And no Wacky artists at the show other than George Wright, who we can count on to always be at "his" table!
Marc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 12:18:45 PM »
The Topps table was the worst it's ever been.  Absolutely nothing in the way of Wackies.  No Dave Gross at the table, no Joe Simko or Jeff Zapata at the table, etc. - a big fat zero!  And no Wacky artists at the show other than George Wright, who we can count on to always be at "his" table!

Just as I suspected - my hunches were right - That's why I didn't go...its SAD  :sad: :sad:Thank God for George!!holding down the fort!!!

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:25 PM »
Glad Liz had me shackled in the bowels of a boat preventing me from making the show.