Author Topic: Beckett Acquires Non-Sports Update  (Read 3675 times)

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: Beckett Acquires Non-Sports Update
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:33:09 PM »
Wow, that's pretty huge news!  Does anyone know if they were looking to sell or if Beckett came to them sort of out of the blue?
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:45:19 PM »
http://www.beckett.com/news/2016/02/beckett-acquires-non-sport-update-magazine/

Wow Joe, Thank you for posting the link, I certainly hope that Roxanne/Marlin will continue to do the Non-Sport card shows that are held in Allentown, PA. every spring and fall.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:10:13 PM »
The show will go on!  Only the magazine was sold

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
The show will go on!  Only the magazine was sold

I'm sure you are right Joe, I just can't imagine a non-sport show being the same without the Toser
family.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »
On Facebook Harris said that the show is still his and he is going to do 2 shows a year.  See you in May!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »
I'm sure that the new magazine will mean a larger publication, which is great, but I hope they still leave a few pages for the small releases that the Update was always good at promoting.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 06:07:57 PM »
I'm sure that the new magazine will mean a larger publication, which is great, but I hope they still leave a few pages for the small releases that the Update was always good at promoting.

I always enjoyed that it was all non-sports, and like you said, small releases were mentioned.  I truly hope Beckett doesn't ruin the only magazine I still buy at the comic store.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 05:56:03 PM »
I always enjoyed that it was all non-sports, and like you said, small releases were mentioned.  I truly hope Beckett doesn't ruin the only magazine I still buy at the comic store.

I'm with you Pat, I think Beckett will do a good job with taking over NSU, But IMO it will always be the Toser's baby.