Author Topic: First Mail Away Poster from 1973  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Tom Keen

First Mail Away Poster from 1973
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:39:07 AM »
I am looking for the Weakies version of the Mail away poster to complete my run as I have the other two.  Have lots to trade or will buy depending on price.  I am in no hurry so not looking to take a bank loan to buy it.

Offline DynamicTwo

Re: First Mail Away Poster from 1973
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »
Tom, Just a quick e-mail to offer my apologies if I neglected to respond to your request for prices and availability on unopened wacky boxes that I had for sale. Not only was I getting ready for the National, but I was also responding to many requests for cards from all over the country. My topic was not for selling boxes; it was for buying boxes, so I felt that it was the wrong place to do such negotiations. I had provided my e-mail address and I would have responded to your e-mail personally if you had chosen to send me a personal message. I chose to send you a response here because I took enough abuse from "one individual" who obviously has too much time on their hands to really get a life of their own, rather than criticizing others. Best regards and happy hunting!! Steve (Dynamictwo@aol.com)

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 10:19:04 AM »
Tom, Just a quick e-mail to offer my apologies if I neglected to respond to your request for prices and availability on unopened wacky boxes that I had for sale. Not only was I getting ready for the National, but I was also responding to many requests for cards from all over the country. My topic was not for selling boxes; it was for buying boxes, so I felt that it was the wrong place to do such negotiations. I had provided my e-mail address and I would have responded to your e-mail personally if you had chosen to send me a personal message. I chose to send you a response here because I took enough abuse from "one individual" who obviously has too much time on their hands to really get a life of their own, rather than criticizing others. Best regards and happy hunting!! Steve (Dynamictwo@aol.com)
No issues at all.

It wasn't clear to me that to get prices required emailing you.  You spent quite a bit of time talking about your desire to buy and your success in selling, those often go hand in hand.  I am not sure I am aware of any abuses, if my remark that you didn't answer my question was considered abusive, I am sorry you took it that way. 

You do seem to be a sensitive guy as I did see the amount of alarm you had in regards to one guy(Pupsi?) mentioning that a friend of his couldn't find you at the show.  I don't think that was meant to be a statement that you were hard to find, just one guy who probably didn't look hard enough, didn't happen to see you.

I saw you define market value and others agreeing or disagreeing(mostly disagreeing) but this is America and variety of opinions is the way to go.  If you are finding buyers at your prices, that is all you need in life.  The heck with opinions of hard core collectors here on a hobby forum.  Who are you to care about that?  You were here clearly to buy product so you could flip for profit as you have clarified in the quote I am responding to.

I am watching the high number of packs being offered for well under $50 each on ebay so I think I am good for now.  I am going to pick up sample packs for a random assortment of series and be happy with that.  I am going to stick to low cost packs due to the budgetary friendliness and because it seems less likely that cheap packs were resealed(I see all this talk about resealing being an issue in this hobby).

Just curious, why didn't you send me a PM as opposed to responding to this thread ie just like your suggesting that I should have emailed you as opposed to asking the question on the forum?  I got all excited when I saw a response that I thought someone had this poster :-)

Best of luck to you and thanks again for reaching out.

Offline DynamicTwo

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »
Tom, Excellent. I just hate to alienate or insult anyone. I tend to respond quickly to e-mails if I am home which is in NY. Also, I was in no hurry to sell complete boxes. I sold one box and 2 series one packs, so I consider that a success at this year's National.

By the way, every year, I get some people who claim they didn't see me at the National, so I don't find that hard to believe. It is strange anyway because I am always in the first row at every National, usually within 6 to 10 booths from the door. Next year in Chicago, I will be 7 booths in the first row straight from the door.

Also, I am often surprised on the many forums like this one and net 54 that there are people who just get involved to offer negative opinions, but I did not include you in that group. Those that I do include in that group know who I am talking about. I am surprised that they didn't get involved in this one just to muddy up a positive interchange between two individuals.

Thanks again

Steve

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 06:51:35 AM »
Tom, Excellent. I just hate to alienate or insult anyone. I tend to respond quickly to e-mails if I am home which is in NY. Also, I was in no hurry to sell complete boxes. I sold one box and 2 series one packs, so I consider that a success at this year's National.

By the way, every year, I get some people who claim they didn't see me at the National, so I don't find that hard to believe. It is strange anyway because I am always in the first row at every National, usually within 6 to 10 booths from the door. Next year in Chicago, I will be 7 booths in the first row straight from the door.

Also, I am often surprised on the many forums like this one and net 54 that there are people who just get involved to offer negative opinions, but I did not include you in that group. Those that I do include in that group know who I am talking about. I am surprised that they didn't get involved in this one just to muddy up a positive interchange between two individuals.

Thanks again

Steve
Hi Duo,

Can we take this to PM?  I would really rather this thread be dedicated to my quest for this poster which I had as a kid.

You seem like a nice guy but this seems like you trying to prod one of the negative posters you refer to into more dialogue which you say you are against but your posts don't seem aligned with that quest. 

I see you have run into negative posts on "net 54"(what is that?).  Perhaps you are doing something that invokes such reactions, in my world, patterns are meaningful.

I sure do hope everyone who is looking for you, finds you at the next show!

Take care

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »
Hi Duo,

Can we take this to PM?  I would really rather this thread be dedicated to my quest for this poster which I had as a kid.

You seem like a nice guy but this seems like you trying to prod one of the negative posters you refer to into more dialogue which you say you are against but your posts don't seem aligned with that quest. 

I see you have run into negative posts on "net 54"(what is that?).  Perhaps you are doing something that invokes such reactions, in my world, patterns are meaningful.

I sure do hope everyone who is looking for you, finds you at the next show!

Take care
Wow dude, you are far too kind and patient with this guy.  When someone spends so much time TELLING us how he hates conflict, the truth is usually the opposite as shown in his conflicts with some other forum and his random postings in this thread that have nothing to do with this thread.

He was begging me to respond, so now I have obliged.  It is me he is whining about being abusive as I called him out for not being such an expert on wacky pack ""market" prices(with ebay as my evidence) and he didn't like it.  He caters to people too lazy to find stuff on their own who are willing to pay the top 10%, that is not the definition of "market price", plain and simple.  As you said, he dropped by to find product so he could flip it, he should have left it at that without pontificating all over the place.

Sorry for intruding on this thread.  This will be my only response to him.

To keep this on topic:

I may consider breaking up my set of three posters(I have all three in dupes, I own all three with original mailing tubes and all three a posters without mailing tubes) depending on what you are willing to pay for this one.  I feel they will sell best as a collection.  I see greg has #3 on ebay for hundreds of $ and it hasn't sold furthering my statement that keeping all three together is the best way for me to sell them.  Let's take this off line.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

anything