Author Topic: Searching for Batz Color Sketch or Batz Rough Art....  (Read 5129 times)

Offline CherryBombs

Searching for Batz Color Sketch or Batz Rough Art....
« on: July 16, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »
Does anyone know who may have a color Batz sketch or if Topps has auctioned off the rough for this ??? I really need these pieces to complete my set of " Batz "  :'(
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Searching for Batz Color Sketch or Batz Rough Art....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »
Does anyone know who may have a color Batz sketch or if Topps has auctioned off the rough for this ??? I really need these pieces to complete my set of " Batz "  :'(

Nothing yet. Keep waiting for it to show up on ebay but nothing.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »
If a lot more time passes by & this sketch never surfaces, I may just have to kill my one and only sealed box of Old School.  I know my chances would still be slim, but a colored Batz would be the ultimate pull for me.  Unfortunately, it seems like there are a lot of other fans of this title, so there is no way I'd ever win a bidding war on eBay.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:47:34 PM »
If a lot more time passes by & this sketch never surfaces, I may just have to kill my one and only sealed box of Old School.  I know my chances would still be slim, but a colored Batz would be the ultimate pull for me.  Unfortunately, it seems like there are a lot of other fans of this title, so there is no way I'd ever win a bidding war on eBay.
I still have two sealed envelopes left, I killed the boxes to sell off packs as I suddenly had a bunch of hits on my ebay pack auctions.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 09:49:47 PM »
I still have two sealed envelopes left, I killed the boxes to sell off packs as I suddenly had a bunch of hits on my ebay pack auctions.

Open them! It's killing me!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:06 AM »
As I recall you has saved 5 sealed boxes.  Do you now have 3 sealed boxes and the 2 envelopes?  I definitely want to hear about what sketches those boxes eventually yield!

I've still got a whole lot of sealed packs, I'd love to get rid of some.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:01:58 AM »
As I recall you has saved 5 sealed boxes.  Do you now have 3 sealed boxes and the 2 envelopes?  I definitely want to hear about what sketches those boxes eventually yield!

I've still got a whole lot of sealed packs, I'd love to get rid of some.
I finally cracked open that unopened shipper box from Topps that had the 5 boxes.  I got rid of three of the boxes, killed two boxes to get the packs as in effect more than half those boxes were paid for in selling the packs.  I have those two remaining envelops sealed.  I am confident they both have beautiful colored sketches.....well, who knows.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 09:40:44 AM »
I finally cracked open that unopened shipper box from Topps that had the 5 boxes.  I got rid of three of the boxes, killed two boxes to get the packs as in effect more than half those boxes were paid for in selling the packs.  I have those two remaining envelops sealed.  I am confident they both have beautiful colored sketches.....well, who knows.

But don't you want to KNOW?? ??

Do you know what happened with the other three?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 11:30:42 AM »
But don't you want to KNOW?? ??

Do you know what happened with the other three?
I do want to know but not bad enough to kill the envelopes.  I don't know what happend with the other three as far as whether they were killed or stored. 

Offline Playskull

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 11:55:27 AM »
Didn't most of the colored sketches come from unsealed envelopes?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 04:09:30 PM »
Didn't most of the colored sketches come from unsealed envelopes?

Some did but later on I got a colored in a very tightly sealed envelope so no conspiracy theory here. :D

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 04:33:02 PM »
I ask for some advice from all the wise elders in...lol. I have five sealed boxes and since I'm new to collecting.... I'm not sure if it was wise to sit on these for quite sometime or is the market at it's peak now concerning value ??? I have seen such dramatic changes just in the short period of time. The price fluctuation from week to week baffles me. I paid dearly to obtain the b/w sketch card and really not knowing the rarity of the card. I actually have a plethora of sealed stuff and I'm really not sure if after getting back into this beloved hobby after 36 years it's wise to just lock all these beautiful pieces away for 20 yrs or what I should open now ???

Thanks Everyone  ???

CherryBombs....
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

anything