Author Topic: Wacky Packages 2010 ANS7 Brochure Checklist  (Read 19391 times)

Offline Kook

Wacky Packages 2010 ANS7 Brochure Checklist
« on: July 16, 2010, 09:23:07 AM »
Does anyone know what the story is with this .pdf, auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Packs-2010-New-7-ANS7-Brochure-Checklist-/170514379131?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b372f17b

Does ans7 have a physical color printed flyer? Is this pdf available from topps?

Taz

Re: Wacky Packages 2010 ANS7 Brochure Checklist
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:48:56 AM »
It's a partial checklist and the brochure, Brad had a link here on the forum for you to download this PDF for free.  I have not seen any official Topps brochures out in the wild as of yet.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:57:22 AM by Taz »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »
No need to pay for it. Just download it below.

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »
No need to pay for it. Just download it below.

Thanks for the info Taz & BumChex

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:09:38 AM »
Thanks for the info Taz & BumChex
Thanks from me, too.  Unfortunately, it really didn't give enough information to help me decide whether to preorder a lot of boxes, so I just went with 3 boxes from the comic store.  If the insert sets end up being great, I might end up buying them online.

Taz

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:24:07 AM »
Thanks from me, too.  Unfortunately, it really didn't give enough information to help me decide whether to preorder a lot of boxes, so I just went with 3 boxes from the comic store.  If the insert sets end up being great, I might end up buying them online.

That is my dilemma, how many boxes to preorder, is too many overkill?  There has been chatter about what extras are in the series especially the cereal item that sparks an interest to us cereal lovers.  I hope the target date of August 23rd is still a go, nothing better than receiving wackys on my birthday!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »
That is my dilemma, how many boxes to preorder, is too many overkill?  There has been chatter about what extras are in the series especially the cereal item that sparks an interest to us cereal lovers.  I hope the target date of August 23rd is still a go, nothing better than receiving wackys on my birthday!

August?, wow, I didn't realize it was that early.  We'll barely be able to catch our breath after the postcards! 

2010 may go down as the best post-2004 era for Wackys!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Taz

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »
August?, wow, I didn't realize it was that early.  We'll barely be able to catch our breath after the postcards! 

2010 may go down as the best post-2004 era for Wackys!

Yep, August! What a wacky year so far, and more to come.  So if things go well what are we possibly looking at here for the next half of 2010, Series 7, Old School 2, Postcards 7, more binders and who knows what else?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 11:47:28 AM »
Yep, August! What a wacky year so far, and more to come.  So if things go well what are we possibly looking at here for the next half of 2010, Series 7, Old School 2, Postcards 7, more binders and who knows what else?

Don't forget the 2011 Calendar with bonus cards, and the 2nd printing of the Wacky Packages 2 book with different bonus cards. Of course, I'm speculating on these.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »
It really would be nice to get some confirmations on the chase cards. If there isn't any toughies, I may just buy 4 boxes and be done. Now a special sketch card in every case would be really exciting... ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »
It really would be nice to get some confirmations on the chase cards. If there isn't any toughies, I may just buy 4 boxes and be done. Now a special sketch card in every case would be really exciting... ;)

Me too, but Dave did mention there would be some tough chasers, which may encourage me to buy more than a handful of boxes. It's a crapshoot if we don't have specifics.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 04:50:32 PM »
Me too, but Dave did mention there would be some tough chasers, which may encourage me to buy more than a handful of boxes. It's a crapshoot if we don't have specifics.

Dave, time to chime in here! The release is only a few weeks away if everything is still on schedule.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 04:59:27 PM »
Dave, time to chime in here! The release is only a few weeks away if everything is still on schedule.

I haven't spoken to them in weeks so I don't know what's up. Been talking to the Online Store side only lately (concerning OLDS2). I know of two new inserts for ANS2010 but have not been told I can say anything. I know Fred was going to call them at some point to talk about a question he had so maybe he could ask about letting people know what's up.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »
I pre-ordered 4 boxes on-line, and hope to find the bonus boxes and blisters at local stores. I'm sure Target will come through, but I have my doubts about Walmart. Although, if I'm not mistaken, I remember someone (Dave?) posting that Walmart is back to supporting this series? I hope so.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 05:46:50 PM »
I pre-ordered 4 boxes on-line, and hope to find the bonus boxes and blisters at local stores. I'm sure Target will come through, but I have my doubts about Walmart. Although, if I'm not mistaken, I remember someone (Dave?) posting that Walmart is back to supporting this series? I hope so.

That's what I hear. They supported the new GPK FB.

Taz

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »
That's what I hear. They supported the new GPK FB.

Wallmart in SouthEastern Michigan never carried the bonus boxes but we have a local chain of Meijer stores that did. 

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »
If you don't mind sharing, from where did you order? Now that Lockwood is gone, I'm a bit lost!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 05:54:57 PM »
I'm lost too but, it has nothing to do with Lockwood being gone.........

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 05:59:02 PM »
If you don't mind sharing, from where did you order? Now that Lockwood is gone, I'm a bit lost!

http://www.dacardworld.com/search?Search=wacky+packages

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
Explain this again...why is Lockwood out of the picture?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 06:02:26 PM »
Explain this again...why is Lockwood out of the picture?
The economy?
Cardboard allergy?

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 06:02:43 PM »
Wallmart in SouthEastern Michigan never carried the bonus boxes but we have a local chain of Meijer stores that did. 
Isn't Meijer's based in Michigan? I have a Meijer's less than 2 miles from my house and I always get my bonus boxes there, I love Meijer's. They always get the same BB's as Wal-Mart, I don't love Wal-Mart.  ;)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »
I thought I heard someone say Lockwood had health issues. If not that then probably the economy.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »
I thought I heard someone say Lockwood had health issues. If not that then probably the economy.

I have a friend Kathy from MI. and she told me the "Coming Soon" poster was at the Target nearby her, Has anyone else on here that has a Target near them seen it, I'm checking the one nearby me tomorrow.

Taz

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »

I have a friend Kathy from MI. and she told me the "Coming Soon" poster was at the Target nearby her, Has anyone else on here that has a Target near them seen it, I'm checking the one nearby me tomorrow.

Hmmmm, Whatcha doing with my wife buddy boy, Kathy in Michigan , too much of a coincidence. :D

Offline dth1971

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
Cardboard allergy from collecting? Why is that?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »

guess I just might have to make the long drive to one of the OLD targets about 15 miles away - those are the only ones that have those coming soon posters. the newer Super Targets don't have the coming soon back boards.

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 06:41:23 PM »
Cardboard allergy from collecting? Why is that?

who knew??? it's actually a real illness.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_6020277_allergy-cardboard.html

Taz

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »
guess I just might have to make the long drive to one of the OLD targets about 15 miles away - those are the only ones that have those coming soon posters. the newer Super Targets don't have the coming soon back boards.

Where are you guys seeing these at the Target stores, by the collectible cards section because I have never seen the backboards before.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
Where are you guys seeing these at the Target stores, by the collectible cards section because I have never seen the backboards before.
Only certain types of stores have that layout and card section.  I have 2 Targets nearby that say 'Greatland' (or at least they used to, haven't looked lately, might say Super Target now, as Patrick mentions), and they have the cards in an aisle next to the register closest to the entrance.  No backboards.  About 30 miles away there's a smaller store that never had the 'Greatland' designation; the layout is totally different, and in that one, the cards are against a wall near the register farthest from the door.  That store usually has flyers up, but I've never scored a Wacky example.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:19:55 PM by RawGoo »

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »
you need to find a really old Target and then it's not even at all of them. Some of the old stores have a wall separating the checkout area from the foodstuffs/household goods area. the cards are on the register side at eye level and lower, and the backing board extends upwards a couple feet with 8.5x11 sheets tucked into a "coming soon" display.
Super targets don't have this.

Taz

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »
you need to find a really old Target and then it's not even at all of them. Some of the old stores have a wall separating the checkout area from the foodstuffs/household goods area. the cards are on the register side at eye level and lower, and the backing board extends upwards a couple feet with 8.5x11 sheets tucked into a "coming soon" display.
Super targets don't have this.

I'll have to keep my eyes open, hopefully on the new series I can snag one or two.

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »
I'll have to keep my eyes open, hopefully on the new series I can snag one or two.
and then it depends if the guy stocking the place even keeps up with the flyers. they left some old stuff up at the store I go to and they completely skipped over the ANS3 Easter flyer by the time the re-did the flyers.

Taz

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 07:37:04 PM »
and then it depends if the guy stocking the place even keeps up with the flyers. they left some old stuff up at the store I go to and they completely skipped over the ANS3 Easter flyer by the time the re-did the flyers.

Maybe I should ask the store who stocks them and get in kahoots with that person. If I happen to find any I of course will offer them up here on the forum.

anything