Author Topic: What I'd REALLY like to see from Topps...  (Read 7457 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

What I'd REALLY like to see from Topps...
« on: November 21, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »
   I'd really like a Flashback 3 set. This could include titles like, unpublished wacky ads as normal stickers (Guerrilla Milk, Melty Way,) Very unused stickers (Super Cigar Crisp, Choke Wagon, Sucker Twin,) and other possible lost wackies (Clodfather...) Any other ideas?
   Now... I'm not acting like this will ever happen. Topps probably barely cares about Wacky Packages enough to make 2 series In a year. My point is that this would be great to show new collectors and kids the older and more vintage Wacky Packages. Thanks!

Offline DrDeal

Re: What I'd REALLY like to see from Topps...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »
Super Cigar Crisp is the best!  I would love to see that one redone. 

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 06:20:33 PM »
Super Cigar Crisp is the best!  I would love to see that one redone.
I've been thinking the same thing - Topps re-printing titles that have never been re-printed before in regular sticker format - Skimpy, Awful Bits, Betty Crooked, Spills Bros., What Man's Candy, and many others.  Would be great to have some "spendable" copies of some under-exposed classics.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 10:53:01 PM »
Nice idea!   :great:

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:22:11 PM »
Grime, anyone?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 03:34:07 PM »
Are not most of these the booze and cigs "banned" titles?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
   I'd really like a Flashback 3 set. This could include titles like, unpublished wacky ads as normal stickers (Guerrilla Milk, Melty Way,) Very unused stickers (Super Cigar Crisp, Choke Wagon, Sucker Twin,) and other possible lost wackies (Clodfather...) Any other ideas?
   Now... I'm not acting like this will ever happen. Topps probably barely cares about Wacky Packages enough to make 2 series In a year. My point is that this would be great to show new collectors and kids the older and more vintage Wacky Packages. Thanks!

I agree completely. There are lots (at least I think there are) of quality titles that haven't been reproduced to death.  I don't know if there are any "lost" wackys left, but that would be a bonus if so.  Also, I'd love to see more classic wackys done in the lenticular fashion as in the first two series of Flashbacks.  But I'd also be thrilled if Topps made a Flashbacks binder.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 03:22:49 AM »
I agree completely. There are lots (at least I think there are) of quality titles that haven't been reproduced to death.  I don't know if there are any "lost" wackys left, but that would be a bonus if so.  Also, I'd love to see more classic wackys done in the lenticular fashion as in the first two series of Flashbacks.  But I'd also be thrilled if Topps made a Flashbacks binder.

Yes, there should be binders! They could possibly show all of the titles....
   Or... For a Flashback 3 set, you could use the 1980 lost Reissue set as all of the titles! The bad part is that some of them have been used already.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 06:24:15 AM »
Just please don't reprint Choke Wagon.  Some things have to remain sacred to the Original Series!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 12:54:16 PM »
Just please don't reprint Choke Wagon.  Some things have to remain sacred to the Original Series!

Yeah, that's true I guess. I just think it'd be cool for some to be reprinted of cool cards.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 01:58:12 PM »
I have beat this horse dead - BUT!

Chrome, 2014 Series 1 and 2015 Series 1 Binders

Just a sayin' !!!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 03:54:04 PM »
I gave up waiting and printed out the binder labels that vahsurfer kindly posted.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »
Thank you for the kind words!

HOPEFULLY the MLB release will have one!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 01:44:57 PM »
I'd like to see my uncut Refractor Sheet from Chrome that languishes in "pending" status on the Topps Redemption site. Sent the card in a year ago in August.   

Topps offered me the non-refractor version. I told them I would wait for the Refractor sheet.  :'(

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 02:37:50 PM »
SAD....... They should have produced the redemption items BEFORE sending / packaging redemption items in packs.... Just Sayin'

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 05:00:35 PM »
I'd like to see my uncut Refractor Sheet from Chrome that languishes in "pending" status on the Topps Redemption site. Sent the card in a year ago in August.   

Topps offered me the non-refractor version. I told them I would wait for the Refractor sheet.  :'(
Do you really think they are ever going to send it to you?  I would guess if they don't have it now they are not going to fire up the presses to print one for you.  And they probably can't print a new one now anyway.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 05:58:48 PM »
I agree, you should be trying to get something else before you lose out on everything.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 06:59:13 PM »
I got a redemption card in the recent Upper Deck AGE OF THE DINOSAURS release. You enter the redemption code on-line on their website, the item was shipped within 2 days, and I am tracking it as it heads this way. Just sayin', Topps.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 03:30:54 AM »
I agree, you should be trying to get something else before you lose out on everything.

Maybe I can get something cool in its place .I will call them again and see what happens.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
So I called Topps today. The service rep's mgr is looking into what they can offer me in place of the Chrome Refractor Sheet. I mentioned they would need to provide at least three of the regular Chrome Base Card Uncut Sheets for me to be happy based on what I paid for the Redemption card. ($180)  I was told they will get back to me next week. 

Offline WPcollector

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 05:58:43 AM »
So I called Topps today. The service rep's mgr is looking into what they can offer me in place of the Chrome Refractor Sheet. I mentioned they would need to provide at least three of the regular Chrome Base Card Uncut Sheets for me to be happy based on what I paid for the Redemption card. ($180)  I was told they will get back to me next week.

seriously? you do this in every thread on this site?