Author Topic: Thoughts & Prayers for Jeff Allwine  (Read 7277 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Thoughts & Prayers for Jeff Allwine
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:43:38 AM »
Hi All,

I just got word from Chip that Jeff Allwine (Allbrain) had a very unfortunate event happen. Not sure of exact details yet but it sounds as though he may have lost his house in a fire. Please extend your thoughts and prayers to Jeff and his family!!!

Also, a Go Fund Me page has been set up to help them out. Please help out however you can:

https://www.gofundme.com/ee99ujwk
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:54:11 AM by koduck »

Offline bigtomi

Re: Thoughts & Prayers for Jeff Allwine
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »
Holy crap! Poor guy...just hope he and his family are OK. The house can be rebuilt, things in it replaced...

The gofundme page clarifies that it was a house fire and they are all OK. Thank goodness!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:00:53 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 03:07:15 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, so sorry to hear the news.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:43:38 PM by Fool-Aid »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »
Thanks for passing on the word.  Sorry to hear it.  Jeff is a very nice guy whom I was able to meet a couple times.  Just made a small donation.  Here's hoping things work out well for his family.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »
Hi All,

I'm not sure how much access Jeff has to the forum and internet these days, but I'm in contact with him a lot,
and first and foremost, he's one of the best, nicest human beings and dear friends out there, my apologies for the sentimentalness but it's 100% true.

About a week ago, he had some appliance or heat boiler malfunction and had a nasty electrical fire in his house, in fact a newer house he had been in for only a few months.

I've seen the pictures, and a lot of it got intense.  I'm hopeful and pretty sure it can get fixed, it's just a matter
of how thorough it needs to be, it's a difficult determination.

Most importantly, everyone is okay, no one hurt.  Lots of drywall and a good part of the house look like they're
going to be gutted out to the studs and replaced.  He can't stay there yet, he's up at a hotel temporarily until
the insurance people determine what can be saved or not.  He's getting by, and I'm sure would welcome any well wishes by us all.

He's been through a lot, definitely a tough year for him and this was so unfortunate, but everyone is okay and he's honestly got a great outlook on it all.   The emotional healing is far from over, though.

I think the Wackies are okay, but I'll wait to hear the official word from him soon.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 07:48:22 PM »
My apologies, last time I had talked with Jeff, there was hope of saving the house, but after
reading the update on the gofundme page, it looks like that may not happen.

Hopefully the family was able to get everything they wanted out of the house.  I'm sure he's uncomfortable with the gofundme page, but it's necessary and he could use all of our help.

Thanks!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »
Thanks for posting this and the go fund me link. I just made a contribution and if we all pitch in a little we can help him and his family a lot. Who knows when any of us will be in this situation.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 06:51:05 AM »
I never met Jeff in person, but know him from all the way back to Greg's forum. Made a donation, my thoughts go out to him and his family.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 07:48:36 AM »
Hi All,

I'm not sure how much access Jeff has to the forum and internet these days, but I'm in contact with him a lot,
and first and foremost, he's one of the best, nicest human beings and dear friends out there, my apologies for the sentimentalness but it's 100% true.

About a week ago, he had some appliance or heat boiler malfunction and had a nasty electrical fire in his house, in fact a newer house he had been in for only a few months.

I've seen the pictures, and a lot of it got intense.  I'm hopeful and pretty sure it can get fixed, it's just a matter
of how thorough it needs to be, it's a difficult determination.

Most importantly, everyone is okay, no one hurt.  Lots of drywall and a good part of the house look like they're
going to be gutted out to the studs and replaced.  He can't stay there yet, he's up at a hotel temporarily until
the insurance people determine what can be saved or not.  He's getting by, and I'm sure would welcome any well wishes by us all.

He's been through a lot, definitely a tough year for him and this was so unfortunate, but everyone is okay and he's honestly got a great outlook on it all.   The emotional healing is far from over, though.

I think the Wackies are okay, but I'll wait to hear the official word from him soon.

I just donated but probably wouldn't have without the extra information you posted Paul, so thanks for doing taking the time. I'm glad Jeff and his family OK.

Stay Wacky, Jeff!

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »
Hi All,

I just got word from Chip that Jeff Allwine (Allbrain) had a very unfortunate event happen. Not sure of exact details yet but it sounds as though he may have lost his house in a fire. Please extend your thoughts and prayers to Jeff and his family!!!

Also, a Go Fund Me page has been set up to help them out. Please help out however you can:

https://www.gofundme.com/ee99ujwk
Thank you everyone for all of the kind words and donations. I'm having difficulty accessing the Internet from my PC but wanted to try and update everyone from my phone.
Yes, Saturday morning the house caught fire. My wife and daughter were sleeping, my son was at work and I was just stepping into the shower when the alarms went off. By the time I ran upstairs the entire house was full of smoke and as I tried to put it out with an extinguisher I hear a low roar above me as it spread through the attack. Not a sound I will soon forget.
The short story is that we all got out ok, I went back in quick to grab our pets, the fire department got it contained and we are fine. The back wall of the house and the ceiling in several rooms and the Attic and roof are pretty bad/gone, what was not fire damaged upstairs is heavily water and smoke damaged. Downstairs there is no fire damage but there is water and smoke damage.
They estimate 6 months before we can move back on and insurance claim of at least 100,000.
The wacky collection was in that glass case you all have seen I'm sure so no water damage. The only issue remains on that being potential smoke damage. I advised the restoration company of the importance of proper handling of the collection as they attempt to pack up and restore it. Cross your fingers.
On the go fund me page, our neighbor set that up unbenounced to us, she sent my wife a text the day after the fire telling us about it. At first I was not happy because I'm not one to solicit handouts and the insurance company is taking care of most things however after a few days went by we were ednucated about things that we needed to pay for in the short term while we try and get set up into a rental house and out of this hotel. With that being said, it appears that this find will be a Wonderful help for all of that type of stuff. I just don't want it getting out of hand, there are much more needy folks out there than us.

Anyway I'm sorry to ramble but I wanted to make sure you good folks were updated and I didnt want you all to worry. Thank you so very much once again to everyone.

I may. Or post again for awhile until I get into a house, I have my computer in the hotel room. Ow but it says the hotel wi fi is insecure and I'm paranoid of using my machine unless someone can reassure me it's safe

Offline freetoes

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 06:26:19 PM »
Jeff, what a horrible experience.  But you're all okay, and that's what really matters.  I hope you and your family can get through this with a minimum of difficulty and hassles.  And yes, stay Wacky.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »
Jeff and family have moved into the rental house, and are trying to adjust as best as they can, just in case
anyone is wondering.  The insurance company is still estimating six months to rebuild the house on the old lot.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »
Thanks! We just today transitioned into a rental house and out of the Hotel. We were able to get our pets from the Humane Society and this will be our first night all under one roof :)

Now its a waiting game for the next 6 months.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that.

Jeff

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »
Jeff and family have moved into the rental house, and are trying to adjust as best as they can, just in case
anyone is wondering.  The insurance company is still estimating six months to rebuild the house on the old lot.
Pauly !! You snuck this post in right as I was also posting!! Thanks for helping to update everyone.
I just just got my machine up and running so that is a huge relief.

I'm glad to be able to join in around here again lol......

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 03:59:47 AM »
Thanks! We just today transitioned into a rental house and out of the Hotel. We were able to get our pets from the Humane Society and this will be our first night all under one roof :)

Now its a waiting game for the next 6 months.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that.

Jeff
GOOD LUCK JEFF - hope all turns out ok. And pls STAY WACKY!!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 05:39:23 PM »
We finally moved back home last week and we are so happy to be here! Now that things are settling down I can get back into the swing of things.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. You guys and gals are super.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 07:19:22 PM »
Congrats! Hopefully you can get back to some sense of normalcy.

anything