Author Topic: A Joe G Wacky Holiday Treat  (Read 24961 times)

Offline Joe G.

A Joe G Wacky Holiday Treat
« on: November 11, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »
I know it feels early, but with Starbucks already rolling out their Christmas Cups, I thought I'd start planning my annual forum Christmas greeting.  So like last year I'll be sending out a Holiday Card featuring some of my Wacky work from 2015.  Noting the special place Postcards hold on the forum, I've chosen to go that route as opposed to last year's more traditional greeting card.  Now I did want to do something special, so here's the deal.  In addition to the cards,  I've made up a bunch of special gifts based on one of this year's Wacky Packages 2015 gags.  They're super fun and pretty cool, if I do say so myself.  The snag is that shipping kinda breaks my budget on this.  If you want just the Holiday postcard, no problem you're covered.  But if you also want the little toy surprise, I'll need to ask for postage and handling.  $3.50 should cover it.  Now last year I sent out over 100 cards, and the toy surprise is limited so please respond asap.  Lastly, if you didn't get a card last year, and want one or one and the surprise please pm me.

Offline Zenergizer

Re: A Joe G Wacky Holiday Treat
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
Joe, that is incredibly awesome and generous of you, and we need some holiday cheer in Wacky World.  Count me in!

You are truly a stand-up guy, my friend!

And let's keep our fingers crossed for more Wackies in the future. 

p.s. wasn't Starbucks the one that was "de-Christmas-ing" its holiday cups, and Dunkin' Donuts seized the opportunity to put theirs out early, with a heavy emphasis on the Christmas spirit.  I've always been a Dunkin's fan anyways, since we didn't have a Starbucks nearby anyways.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 01:10:38 PM »
Joe, that is incredibly awesome and generous of you, and we need some holiday cheer in Wacky World.  Count me in!

You are truly a stand-up guy, my friend!

And let's keep our fingers crossed for more Wackies in the future. 

p.s. wasn't Starbucks the one that was "de-Christmas-ing" its holiday cups, and Dunkin' Donuts seized the opportunity to put theirs out early, with a heavy emphasis on the Christmas spirit.  I've always been a Dunkin's fan anyways, since we didn't have a Starbucks nearby anyways.

This sounds fun.

And not to digress.. but Starbucks didn't de-Christmas anything.  And no one cared about the red Starbucks holiday cup except for one wacko.  But then a BUNCH of media people jumped on that and crafted it into a story and a narrative.  Which I believe is pretty false.  No one was clamoring for Starbucks to de-Christmas-ize their products (which they haven't, as it turns out) and no one was up-in-arms about the red cup, except for one YouTube wacko.... I've never seen such a case of self-generated drama, ever.  It defies logic. 

For the record, I'm pretty liberal, love Christmas, but don't mind being inclusive.  And when I say I love Christmas, I'm actually a fan of secular Christmas (Rudolph, Santa, Snowmen, Peanuts Christmas, candy canes, Christmas tress, etc).  Isn't it a bit insane that a narrative has been created where supposed "right wing Christians" are up in arms about a coffee cup that doesn't have Santa or Snowflakes or Christmas Bulbs on it?  I would think the most hardcore Christians would be the people wanting to get rid of that kind of imagery around the traditional Christian holiday. 

It's a bunch of people writing think-pieces about why people would ever be upset about something, when no one (but one wacko) was ever upset about it to begin with.  Ask someone a month ago to analyze the Starbucks Holiday "red cup", rightwing, leftwing, Christian or non, and I suspect 99.999% of them would have shrugged...    Let's get back to that.  :-)    BTW, the iced drink cups at Starbucks continued to have candy canes and so forth on them this season....  not that anyone was looking into this even that far. ...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:13:48 PM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »
Joe, that's wonderful!  Looking forward to the Christmas surprises!!

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 04:36:01 PM »
Thanks Joe, Count me in. Do you want the $3.50 thru PayPal?

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 07:47:08 PM »
This sounds fun.

And not to digress.. but Starbucks didn't de-Christmas anything.  And no one cared about the red Starbucks holiday cup except for one wacko.  But then a BUNCH of media people jumped on that and crafted it into a story and a narrative.  Which I believe is pretty false.  No one was clamoring for Starbucks to de-Christmas-ize their products (which they haven't, as it turns out) and no one was up-in-arms about the red cup, except for one YouTube wacko.... I've never seen such a case of self-generated drama, ever.  It defies logic. 

For the record, I'm pretty liberal, love Christmas, but don't mind being inclusive.  And when I say I love Christmas, I'm actually a fan of secular Christmas (Rudolph, Santa, Snowmen, Peanuts Christmas, candy canes, Christmas tress, etc).  Isn't it a bit insane that a narrative has been created where supposed "right wing Christians" are up in arms about a coffee cup that doesn't have Santa or Snowflakes or Christmas Bulbs on it?  I would think the most hardcore Christians would be the people wanting to get rid of that kind of imagery around the traditional Christian holiday. 

It's a bunch of people writing think-pieces about why people would ever be upset about something, when no one (but one wacko) was ever upset about it to begin with.  Ask someone a month ago to analyze the Starbucks Holiday "red cup", rightwing, leftwing, Christian or non, and I suspect 99.999% of them would have shrugged...    Let's get back to that.  :-)    BTW, the iced drink cups at Starbucks continued to have candy canes and so forth on them this season....  not that anyone was looking into this even that far. ...

Jason, I do agree and I don't mean to detract from Joe's original post.  I only brought up the Starbucks Christmas cup issue because it's in the news.  I think, personally, that we all are so fixated on Facebook, Twitter and our cell phones and are so afraid of making sure we're P.C. that we lose sight of the real issue and people raise a fuss just to raise a fuss.  They hide behind their Facebook and Twitter accounts, acting as if they really know something and look educated.

I remember not too long ago when the Governor of Rhode Island change the name of "Christmas Tree" to "Holiday Tree."  Really?

Just my two Christmas cents....

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »
What a sweet gesture! I'm in -- nothing says the holidays like wackys.  Ho, ho, ho!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 09:00:03 PM »
It ain't my holiday but if it's wacky, I'm in too.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 03:47:43 AM »
Joe,

Thanks for your efforts! Please count me in for the full boat including surprise. Just let me know where to send the funds.

Regards,  Andrew

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 04:37:55 AM »
I also will send you the 3.50. Just let me know where and when

Offline quas

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 05:00:19 AM »
Same here Joe.  Please just let me (and the crowd!) know how you want the $3.50 sent.

Thanks!
Marc
Marc

Offline dth1971

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 05:14:53 AM »
Joe: Will mail your $3.50 check for the toy surprise with Christmas card today in the snail mail.

Offline bwing

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 05:48:38 AM »
Thanks Joe!!!  Where do I send the $3.50???  Will send immediately!!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 08:35:30 AM »
So I've been pm'ing members with my Paypal address.  Didn't want to post it as I'm told posting emails on forums can lead to spam.  Anyway, I think I've contacted everyone.  If you didn't get a pm from me, please pm me. 

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »
So I've been pm'ing members with my Paypal address.  Didn't want to post it as I'm told posting emails on forums can lead to spam.  Anyway, I think I've contacted everyone.  If you didn't get a pm from me, please pm me.

I am in too Joe - Thx pls PM me as well....THX

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »
$$$1/2 sent. Thanks Joe

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 07:13:02 PM »
Hello Joe, Im also in. thanks a lot & Happy Holidays. Henry.R

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 07:23:51 AM »
Thanks for the very special holiday treat! I'm in 110%!! Just let me know where to send the mula!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
Neil et al. thanks for the kind words!  The forum has been the hub of all my Wacky collecting since getting back in (for the third time) in 2010 and it's the best collecting community out there.  I'll make sure that all forum member who want a Holiday Treat are covered!  Just try get back to me before Dec 10th to ensure delivery by Christmas.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »

Now I did want to do something special, so here's the deal.  In addition to the cards,  I've made up a bunch of special gifts based on one of this year's Wacky Packages 2015 gags.

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 09:25:59 PM »
I got my Holiday treat and love it!!!  Thanks Joe  ;)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »
I got my Holiday treat and love it!!!  Thanks Joe  ;)

Debra, my pleasure!  They went out this week so all forum members will getting them soon.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 06:54:42 AM »
BOOOO YA!!!! JG Hits The Mark!!!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 05:04:53 PM »
I received mine -- very cool! I love the parody and the treat. Many thanks Joe!! I'll wait to say more until everyone has received theirs.

Offline drono

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 09:46:22 AM »
I got mine too -- very cool er wacky!

Thanks!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »
Debra, my pleasure!  They went out this week so all forum members will getting them soon.

Hey Joe, Got mine today, Thank you for making Christmas 2015 cool.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 11:32:28 AM »
Elizabeth, Dennis and Shoe my pleasure.  Not to give anything away for those who have yet to receive theirs but thanks also need to go to Paul Harris, who's been my partner in parody on a number of gags this year!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 11:43:19 AM »
Just received mine in the mail Joe. Very cool. Love the Toy. Thanks for keepin' the Spirit of Christmas alive.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 01:24:03 PM »
Joe,

Thanks for the very cool Holiday offering. It is clear that this was a big undertaking. You must have started in July!

Thanks for such a professional and funny Card/ Toy. I think you just saved Christmas.

Andrew

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 02:47:36 PM »
Elizabeth, Dennis and Shoe my pleasure.  Not to give anything away for those who have yet to receive theirs but thanks also need to go to Paul Harris, who's been my partner in parody on a number of gags this year!

Joe, you're too kind!  I had a blast with the collaboration and am always looking forward to more, and you outdid
yourself with the "extra" in there!  Kudos and here's to some wonderful, memorable Wacky Holidays!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 03:25:58 PM »
Just wanted to add my thanks, as well, Joe! A great holiday treat!

Offline WACKY MIKE

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 03:58:42 PM »
I received mine today! Great job! Thanks Joe!!!

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 04:19:25 PM »
Got mine today Joe. Awesome, it was like being a kid again. & it's my birthday today. I even blew out a candle. THANK YOU JOE !!!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »
I got mine Joe!           Thanks so much.          Love it.

My 12 year old watched me open the package and was half puzzled and half laughing as I assembled the toy     :-[

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »
Joe,

Thanks for the very cool Holiday offering. It is clear that this was a big undertaking. You must have started in July!

Thanks for such a professional and funny Card/ Toy. I think you just saved Christmas.

Andrew

Andrew, my pleasure and you are correct that I got the idea right after WP 2015 hit stores.  Seeing the amazing job Dave Gross did bringing Bego to life was the initial inspiration!  Tom, Mike, John and Rob you're welcome and I'm so glad so many arrived so quickly!  For anyone still waiting they should all arrive soon!  They were all sent last week so I assume they will all be arriving this week.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:51:42 PM by Joe G. »