Author Topic: Hey Topps: Crush the Crickets: Put WP Old School on Kickstarter Please  (Read 3309 times)

Offline DrDeal

Topps.  Your lack of Wacky Pack Releases has allowed the Crickets to take over our board. The sound they make is deafening. Please put the next Old School release up on Kickstarter. Then we can discuss it at length while we pledge and support our brand. This will put those crickets in their place.

Thanks,  Andrew

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Hey Topps: Crush the Crickets: Put WP Old School on Kickstarter Please
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
Dear Topps,

I realize your business is one for profit, which as a business owner myself, I understand.

Kickstarter is a GREAT way to test the viability of any future release, as you saw with the recent Mars Attacks release.

Please also understand the demographic I am in,like many here in the board, is one with a disposable income.  The question is will you get it or will someone else.  We are not children, we are grown men who do not rely on our allowance, as your original product(s) did.

Please do NOT abandon those that have been loyal and stuck by you,

Richard

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:14:15 AM »
Well said, Richard and Andrew.  I hope Topps is listening (and acting)!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »
What could be a happy medium is to have Old School as subsets in future Chrome series (if they are continued). Topps is running out of Lost Wackies, so it's a logical choice.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
What could be a happy medium is to have Old School as subsets in future Chrome series (if they are continued). Topps is running out of Lost Wackies, so it's a logical choice.

I think there's still room for a full release for Old School, rather than relegating to a subset. 

Maybe Kickstarter is a way to go, maybe returning to the pre-order route with a more limited amount of boxes is the route.   

My hope is, as the work on the Mars Attacks Kickstarter winds down (and they sound like they're in the thick of it right now) they will look at something else, maybe Wacky Packages Old School, to bring to the crowdfunding site.   

For my money, I still like the structure of Old School as it was, in form and function.  But  if they need to make it less "truly" old school, to produce Old School, than so be it.  A Kickstarter campaign could be really fun.  I'm imagining the non-standard rewards.. things like limited edition t-shirts and the like.  It could be all sorts of fun.  At least one time!
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all