Author Topic: Ducko's Wacky Quiz #1  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
Ducko's Wacky Quiz #1
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »
Greetings All, and welcome to Ducko's Wacky Quiz #1!

Ok, this has been ruffling my feathers for some time -- maybe you can help:

Take a look at one of the all time classic Wacky's, Original 5th Series "Cram", and ask yourself this question:

• Isn't the catchphrase saying the product is good instead of awful, as implied by the image and all things Wacky?

To me it should either read "Someone will have to..." or "They'll have to..." instead of "No one will have to cram it down your throat to get you to eat it."

Discuss! :D

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
Re: Ducko's Wacky Quiz #1
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 07:54:06 PM »

Take a look at one of the all time classic Wacky's, Original 5th Series "Cram", and ask yourself this question:

• Isn't the catchphrase saying the product is good instead of awful, as implied by the image and all things Wacky?

To me it should either read "Someone will have to..." or "They'll have to..." instead of "No one will have to cram it down your throat to get you to eat it."

I think you are right. I wonder if that was the original intent but they changed it due to pressure from somewhere. The looks on their faces don't go with the printed sentiment. 

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:59:43 PM »

Totally agree with you.  There are many gags on the original series that make no sense.  Check out Skimpy.  What the heck is Beanut putter?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:38:17 PM »
Totally agree with you.  There are many gags on the original series that make no sense.  Check out Skimpy.  What the heck is Beanut putter?
Whoa! I never noticed that! :o

I think it's like this Cram example: where you brain can "flip it around" to force it to make sense, and you don't even notice it's scrambled until someone else points it out.

Interesting!