Author Topic: All Things 79-80 Reissue  (Read 48736 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: All Things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »
Well then......how am I supposed to grow the worlds most complete reissue museum? :)
there's always that dude that's selling photos of cool stuff.  :-\

eBay auction: #272114843490

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2016, 06:17:11 PM »
there's always that dude that's selling photos of cool stuff.  :-\

eBay auction: #272114843490

How funny....I just saw that auction again today and for a millisecond got super excited...then realized it was a photo.
I cant stand that.......does anyone ever buy that crap? So frustrating.

Offline drono

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2016, 08:24:16 PM »
There was a case on Judge Judy where someone bought a photo of an iPhone from eBay.  The auction listing clearly said that it was a photo, but  JJ called the seller a "scam artist" and refunded the plaintiff's money.

I can't imagine why anyone would want a 5x7 photo of a box, so it must be intended to be a scam.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »
I cant stand that.......does anyone ever buy that crap? So frustrating.
I have that seller excluded from my Wacky search. Never subjected to his garbage anymore.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 05:33:52 PM »
I have that seller excluded from my Wacky search. Never subjected to his garbage anymore.
That's a good idea. More than once have I almost jumped to quickly and clicked the BIN lol

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2016, 09:49:41 AM »
Look what I framed!]
(Image removed from quote.)

I'd like to know where you found a frame that fits an uncut sheet. Everything out here is only goes as big as half a sheet.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2016, 02:54:28 PM »
I'd like to know where you found a frame that fits an uncut sheet. Everything out here is only goes as big as half a sheet.
I have had a couple of full sheets (and items of similar size) framed, but you have to have it done custom. I go to Michael's, but I would think that most craft type stores have a framing dept. Yeah, it can cost a few bucks, but it's worth it to protect/display it.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 05:20:51 PM »
BigTomi - I do the same - a few bucks - but professional and protected!

Offline drono

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 07:55:39 PM »
Michael's is always running 40% off sales on custom framing.  However, I've found a local place that's cheaper, has better options, and works with me much better.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2016, 04:04:14 AM »
There was an auction for a group of OPC reissue wrappers I wanted that ended last night at midnight. I was not going to stay up and snipe it so I just put a little higher max bid than I normally would have. When I logged in this morning I saw that I did win but that there was a high number of bids. In the bid history it shows a new bidder jumped in at the last few minutes and placed 16 consecutive bids in $2.00 increments. I can't say I have seen this before. Does it sound like I was run up to anyone or was it simply a bidder having a bid spaz lol?
Its not a big deal either way because I still scored on this auction but I am always curious about things like that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:15:00 AM by All-Brain »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2016, 10:06:41 AM »
A lot of people bid incrementally that way. That's why you should always snipe. If you can't stay up, use a sniping service.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2016, 03:36:38 PM »
A lot of people bid incrementally that way.
Because a lot of people don't understand eBay's proxy bidding.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2016, 03:55:30 PM »
A lot of people bid incrementally that way. That's why you should always snipe. If you can't stay up, use a sniping service.

I still use www.gixen.com  It has always worked well for me!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 06:18:15 PM »
Because a lot of people don't understand eBay's proxy bidding.
I wish I could have heard him as he kept bidding and Ebay bumped me up each time lol......he finally gave up lol.

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2016, 03:33:29 PM »
There was an auction for a group of OPC reissue wrappers I wanted that ended last night at midnight. I was not going to stay up and snipe it so I just put a little higher max bid than I normally would have. When I logged in this morning I saw that I did win but that there was a high number of bids. In the bid history it shows a new bidder jumped in at the last few minutes and placed 16 consecutive bids in $2.00 increments. I can't say I have seen this before. Does it sound like I was run up to anyone or was it simply a bidder having a bid spaz lol?
Its not a big deal either way because I still scored on this auction but I am always curious about things like that.
You were run up, no question about it.  Same bidder did this on one of the other wrapper auctions by this same seller and just happened to stop both times right under the lead bidder max bid.  Never put an advance proxy bid with anything other than nice round even $ amounts as it makes it harder for shill bidders to find your cap.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
You were run up, no question about it.  Same bidder did this on one of the other wrapper auctions by this same seller and just happened to stop both times right under the lead bidder max bid.  Never put an advance proxy bid with anything other than nice round even $ amounts as it makes it harder for shill bidders to find your cap.
Ok thanks for the advice. I'm just glad he didn't push it to my max bid. I'm very happy with the price I paid.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »
Your right, I looked at other auctions and that same guy did it there too. Even though I'm ok with the price I paid it still makes me a bit mad that the seller would engage in practices like that. Its almost tempting to try and report it but I don't have the staying power to follow that through at the moment.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
Same bidder did this on one of the other wrapper auctions by this same seller and just happened to stop both times right under the lead bidder max bid.
Jeff, did this "shiller" stop at the exact point where your max bid was? Your one remark implies the answer to this is no, hence the above quoted remark is not true and indicates a misunderstanding of proxy bidding: Ebay will only bid as high as necessary to cause you to win, up to your max amount. If Jeff's winning bid was just above this shiller's highest bid, that's just eBay doing its thing. In that case, the shiller is not a shiller at all, just someone trying to win...and not understanding the whole picture.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »
Bid retractions are the surest sign of shilling. This incremental bidding is commonplace and mostly a sign of a clueless bidder trying to gauge item value.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2016, 11:14:44 AM »
This incremental bidding is commonplace and mostly a sign of a clueless bidder trying to gauge item value.
That may be, but IMO it's more a sign of the bidder not understanding how eBay works. They think eBay functions like a "normal" auction in that your bids are actual only: a bid is what you're willing to pay, period. When there are a bunch of people sitting in a room bidding, this is true; on eBay, it is not. For whatever reason, there are folks who can't comprehend (or just don't know) the difference and believe they should only bid exactly what they wish to pay. It is both frustrating and pathetic. LOL

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2016, 01:17:26 PM »
That may be. It just seems like there are bidders who will keep bidding until they outbid the current leader. I always figure they have no idea what the item is really worth and just figure if the current leader has bid a certain amount, it must be reasonable to match it. That's the main reason I find sniping so essential.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
Jeff, did this "shiller" stop at the exact point where your max bid was? Your one remark implies the answer to this is no, hence the above quoted remark is not true and indicates a misunderstanding of proxy bidding: Ebay will only bid as high as necessary to cause you to win, up to your max amount. If Jeff's winning bid was just above this shiller's highest bid, that's just eBay doing its thing. In that case, the shiller is not a shiller at all, just someone trying to win...and not understanding the whole picture.
No, my max bid was a good ways higher than where it ended. I fully understand EBay's Proxy bidding system, I may just be looking too hard at a bidder who was not completely understanding it himself as you stated. No way to know for sure I suppose. Its almost the behavior of a bored bidder that has no real intention of winning.....and had he actually overtaken my max bid we may have seen a bid retraction.
Thinking deeper, my analyzing this situation in the first place is the sign of a really bored person lol........someone please tell the construction crew to hurry up rebuilding my home lol.......I need out of this rental before I spend too much money on Ebay!!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »
On another note, as of late, I'm surprised at the last few sticker auctions I have won and received. First of all, its clear that there are many sellers who do not understand that how you pack stickers and cards, greatly affects the condition that they arrive in lol. I just got in an almost complete run of reissues and the guy just stuffed them in with some bubble wrap. Its cool in this case because this was a set that was put together and enjoyed.....thumbed through often (evidence of this in the dirty edges), checklists marked and some dinged corners. It still frustrates me that more care is not taken in packing and shipping this stuff.

OH this is a little side note: I didn't want to start a new thread for this....THANKS TO BILL FOR THE HEADS UP ON  THE SWEET ALL-BRAIN SKETCH CARD I JUST WON!! THANKS!!

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2016, 08:06:15 PM »
I was incorrect on All Brains's bid but the other auction was taken right to the highest bidders high bid.  I don't even have to check other auctions, I am certain this was a run up, nobody bids like that several minutes before the end of auctions and stops with losing bids consistently under the guise of clueless.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2016, 12:52:43 PM »
I'm ready for Toppy to let loose of a couple more reissue items from the Vault. I wonder if there is anything left?
I would love something exciting to be able to bid on.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »
I'm ready for Toppy to let loose of a couple more reissue items from the Vault. I wonder if there is anything left?
I would love something exciting to be able to bid on.
I haven't seen anything except new ANS art from the Vault in a long, long time. They need to dig into the back corners again. there's gotta be more stuff!
something like a re-issue 5 prototype box artwork would be insane.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »
I haven't seen anything except new ANS art from the Vault in a long, long time. They need to dig into the back corners again. there's gotta be more stuff!

Holy cow....you just blew my mind! Now THAT would get me bidding!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »
Does anyone have any reissue swill of any kind they want to sell? I'm so bored I need to shake the bushes and see whats falls out. Gotta be something halfway interesting out there.

Offline shermgor99

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2016, 03:31:08 PM »
Set registry is completely free...and there are others who think like you do....

http://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/composite.aspx?c=4883

http://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/composite.aspx?c=4890

Hey Guys,

I am Ajerx on PSA. I am getting real close to finishing my PSA 1979-80 set!

Offline shermgor99

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2016, 03:40:27 PM »
Does anyone have any reissue swill of any kind they want to sell? I'm so bored I need to shake the bushes and see whats falls out. Gotta be something halfway interesting out there.

I have tons of extra PSA reissues. Just stop calling them swill and I will see what I can do for you  :great:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2016, 02:38:12 AM »
I have tons of extra PSA reissues. Just stop calling them swill and I will see what I can do for you  :great:

Welcome to the forum!

Don't be too put off by the term swill - it's nothing against the Reissues, it is just used because there are so VERY many of them out there.

All-Brain is the Reissue King, and if you look around the forum for his posts, you'll find some great pictures of his display.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:49:45 AM by RawGoo »

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2016, 03:58:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I dont consider the 79-80 reissues swill at all, however some folks do and I was only having fun :)

We just moved back into our house after a 6 month rebuild and I just saw your post. Congrats on being so close to completion on your PSA run!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2016, 05:06:48 AM »
So glad to hear that you're back in your house!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2016, 08:10:22 AM »

Did you see when  they auctioned off a Reissue Series 5 Checklist - B&W - i missed out on the auction bid but it was pretty cool....so they were planning a Reissue Series 5....

anything