Author Topic: All Things 79-80 Reissue  (Read 18892 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: All Things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2019, 03:26:45 AM »
Aside from buying reissue packs and building sets myself, I bought one of each from a dealer I used to see at regular card shows in Rockville Centre.  My mother used to drive me there (it was almost an hour away), and she and my sister would go shopping in town while I enjoyed the show.  Those minty sets went right into pages, and I still have them.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2019, 06:42:22 PM »
I agree completely. It does not bother me or upset me because it is the truth. In a way I am glad as it has helped me a time or two to acquire a few one of a kind reissue items that otherwise would have been more difficult to purchase if there was more interest. On that note, I am super grateful to a few collectors here that over the years, have been kind enough to sell me those items...so that I was able to really have a unique collection.
 Now if someone would be so kind as to start a GoFundMe page for the purchase of the original art for Ice Krunkles………………………..

Kidding of course lol......

You could have had that piece for a song years ago.  I might have even owned it at one time briefly.  I do remember identifying "Snoot" as a Saunders piece when it was up for auction & grabbing it for a decent price.  I think we ended up figuring out it was painted for the 15th or 16th series later.  Is Toser still in operation out there doing the magazine & auctions, etc.?

Offline drono

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2019, 11:21:45 AM »
Is Toser still in operation out there doing the magazine & auctions, etc.?

I believe Roxanne and Marlon sold the magazine to Beckett Media, but they're still doing shows.

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2019, 02:21:46 PM »
A big thanks to RawGoo and Zenergizer for helping to fill the empty place in the Reissue Museum!
Zenergizer is visiting for the weekend and we are having a blast! What a great guy!
And RawGoo, you were right, the second series box is beautiful!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2019, 05:33:58 PM »
The Reissue Shrine is incredible!  And he has a lot more that's in the case.  Trinkets, some glasses, banks, posters, anything and everything you can imagine!

And if you all ever have the chance to either chat with, or deal with, or visit this incredible dear friend of mine, you will be blessed! 

Offline Rabanv

« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2019, 03:24:06 PM »
To Bum Chex,A great frame work done!Is that actually a uncut sheet of the 1979 reprinted wacky stickers?

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2019, 04:29:01 PM »
Not sure Im following you. Is that post for another thread?