Author Topic: Cracked animals die cut  (Read 8700 times)

Offline drstu

Cracked animals die cut
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:48:01 PM »
Does anyone have a cracked animals 67 die cut for sale???

Offline jleonard1967

Re: Cracked animals die cut
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 04:48:48 AM »
There is one for sale on eBay with a ratz right now. It has been for sale now over a couple months.

Offline drstu

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 05:32:14 AM »
Thanks.  I would like to try and find one in better condition..  Thanks for the info though....

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 05:57:10 AM »
There is one for sale on eBay with a ratz right now. It has been for sale now over a couple months.

Yes, but that Seller is a real Jerk... Did anyone happen to read his description and diatribe??
Not really a nice person to deal with IMO.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 06:39:41 AM »
That is why it has been up there so long. 

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 02:35:21 PM »
I've been constantly watching to see if anyone bids.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 03:56:42 PM »
does anyone have a link? I just searched but came up empty.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »
does anyone have a link? I just searched but came up empty.
the auction just ended, but you can search in the completed listings

eBay auction: #381428234026

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 07:41:25 PM »
I bet this would have been a bargain about 10 years ago. I remember some crazy prices back then.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »
I bet this would have been a bargain about 10 years ago. I remember some crazy prices back then.
I'm not so sure about that. Maybe if they were nicer, including back then, a bargain they would be.

My feeling is that the starting number is in the right ballpark given the condition of these guys. My suspicion is they're not going because you'd just have to upgrade them...and doing so AND then selling them off again would be tough. If you're not condition sensitive, this lot for that price isn't really that bad...but not a bargain, IMHO.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
I'd offer 1200.00 but then I would be banned😕

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 09:01:12 PM »
I'd offer 1200.00 but then I would be banned😕
Yeah, you wouldn't wanna be blocked from further cr...uh, items they sell.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 03:48:44 AM »
Yes, but that Seller is a real Jerk... Did anyone happen to read his description and diatribe??
Not really a nice person to deal with IMO.

If I remember correctly, he started off asking for something like $6,000.  I definitely saw it at $5,000.  He hadn't listed the card numbers at that point, and I asked about what number the Jolly Mean was; I may also have questioned the high price.  After that, he added all the numbers.  I think in his response to me he told me he knows how to sell on ebay, and never accepts offers, he just keeps relisting at a lower price until it sells.  Not sure when the banning began, or if I am one of the bannees.............

Even if I am not banned, as others have indicated, those cards are pretty rough, which makes me hesitate to bid, even though I need both Ratz and Cracked Animals.  I'd always want to upgrade.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 06:11:20 AM »
I am pretty picky about condition, but actually don't think the Ratz and Cracked are
as horrible as everyone thinks. Yes, they each have border creases, but how many unpunched
ones of each are out there to choose from? On the plus side, they are both centered nicer than most,
the corners are not too bad, there's no brown showing. On the negative side, the Ratz back is very
toned brown. With all that said, they would probably grade at least a PSA 2 Good, they don't look as
bad as Poor. The Cracked looks like a chance of a 2.5 or even VG 3. As low as the number grades look, there are so few of these 2 as PSA 5's or better. I actually think this would be a reasonable buy
in the $1,200-1,300 range, I think almost any unpunched Ratz or Cracked is worth $600-700 a piece.
I know the rest of the lot sucks, but you could probably get at least $100 back on that stuff. Any thoughts?

Offline drstu

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 08:05:41 AM »
Dealing with that seller is ridiculous.  He is an idiot.  Needless to say, I have been banned too...LOL

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 04:41:25 PM »
My Buddy Big B! was banned by this knucklehead, and sent me the TIRADE! of this person (e-mail to him) - WOW!!!!! Just WOW! If I only shared it here!

NO reason to be rude or cocky - We all want a fair deal and if you are selling it, be polite and respond with, "My reserve is..." and move on - do NOT be rude to Wacky Pack Peeps - We will spray Windhex on you!!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
I am pretty picky about condition, but actually don't think the Ratz and Cracked are
as horrible as everyone thinks. Yes, they each have border creases, but how many unpunched
ones of each are out there to choose from? On the plus side, they are both centered nicer than most,
the corners are not too bad, there's no brown showing. On the negative side, the Ratz back is very
toned brown. With all that said, they would probably grade at least a PSA 2 Good, they don't look as
bad as Poor. The Cracked looks like a chance of a 2.5 or even VG 3. As low as the number grades look, there are so few of these 2 as PSA 5's or better. I actually think this would be a reasonable buy
in the $1,200-1,300 range, I think almost any unpunched Ratz or Cracked is worth $600-700 a piece.
I know the rest of the lot sucks, but you could probably get at least $100 back on that stuff. Any thoughts?

I'd probably go for it if it drops to $1,200.  I might be banned though.  Last time I talked to the seller he was still looking for $5,000, and there was no way I was going to pay that.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 05:38:41 PM »
MAYBE..... you could offer him $ 5000 in .... shall we say Prego!?!?!? LMBO

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 07:03:04 PM »
Pat,
That is my number also. I think he will get down to it around January. However I think some people will jump at 14

Offline drono

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 07:16:47 PM »
Obviously he doesn't understand the human psyche.  If it doesn't sell, don't lower the price, raise it.  Then people will buy fearing that it will continue to go up.  Of course, if you start 5x higher than a reasonable price, you've already lost that game.  Obviously he doesn't want to try putting it up for bids and letting the potential buyers determine the selling price.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »
Obviously he doesn't want to try putting it up for bids and letting the potential buyers determine the selling price.
God forbid you actually have an AUCTION on eBay!   :-\ :]

anything