Author Topic: Future Wacky Set "Draw Offs"?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline drono

Future Wacky Set "Draw Offs"?
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
I'm noticing that the products are being repeated from series to series because realistically there are a finite number that can be parodied.  Maybe an idea for the future is to have a "draw off" between different artists or teams of artists.  Have a set of 55 (if you like or 33 for old school) products and give each artist (or team) free reign to draw their rendition using those products only.  Then put out one set with each artists' (or teams') renderings.  So instead of having a 110 card base set of 55 of the same sticker with different backs, have a 110 card set with two versions of the same parody.  Maybe there could be a contest to vote on your favorite of each sticker with the winning artists getting some type of award.

I'd much prefer different artists' renderings than different backs and borders, etc.  It's sort of like "mass produced" sketches where each artist can produce an entire series.

What do you think?

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Future Wacky Set "Draw Offs"?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
VERY Interesting - To keep the costs and number of overdone parallels, I suggest the following:

Four Teams of Artists (for example Jay Lynch and someone, Gambino and someone, etc.)
30 Cards x 4 Artists Teams (30 like the old days, lets' get back to quality versus quantity)
120 Cards in MASTER SET

Bonus Cards:
----------------
15 of each of the 120 cards artist signed
9 Cards with Wacky Team Variations (Parody of Charmin Toilet Paper, team 1 and 2 mix up this card to create a hybrid)
Collectors Sets only with 4 Card Panoramic (one sleeve with 4 parts that make one puzzle/sketch, each team does 1 piece)

That's it! No Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Magenta, Psychotic, Wet, Warm, Slimy, cloth or other parallels

Your thoughts?

Offline drono

Re: Future Wacky Set "Draw Offs"?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »
I only suggested 55 cards because that seems to be the way Topps is moving.  I would prefer 30 cards with 4 versions of each for a 120 card set.

I think it would be very interesting to see how each artist/team takes the same product and comes up with an original parody.  Each would lend its own brand of humor/personality/drawing style, etc. Would any of the "wacky" names even be the same?