Author Topic: Oddie Boy  (Read 7680 times)

Offline drstu

Oddie Boy
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:52:14 AM »
Can someone tell me the difference between Maddie boy and Oddie boy?  I don't see any difference??

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Oddie Boy
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 10:58:48 AM »
Can someone tell me the difference between Maddie boy and Oddie boy?  I don't see any difference??

I believe the Oddie Boy is missing the blue highlights at the sides of the yellow bowl.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 11:01:23 AM »
I believe the Oddie Boy is missing the blue highlights at the sides of the yellow bowl.

correct..i think awhile back someone posted a picture showing it...might have been F&S

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »

http://www.lostwackys.com/Wacky-Packages/1st-series/1st-series-Maddie-Boy-variation.htm

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 09:05:12 AM »
As with some of the material on Rusty's site, it may not always be accurate and/or complete.

I discovered this variation while visiting/trading with Ernie years ago. My recollection was that it was the first variation of this type found in Series 1. Over time, again if I remember right, other Series 1 titles have been found with similar printing/color variations, though they are quite uncommon. What I don't recall for sure is whether the others found are truly Series 1 stickers or could be '79 test issues. To be honest, I'm not even sure I could tell them apart...and I don't know if some of my Series 1 keepers are actually '79 test.   :o

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »
if I remember right, other Series 1 titles have been found with similar printing/color variations, though they are quite uncommon.

I have a Camals sticker that is missing some blue shading.  It is very evident in the foil at the top and bottom of the cigarette pack.  The foil appears to be the same color as the pack.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 05:30:27 PM »
Later on I noticed that the uncut sheet that's in the Gallery showed the Oddie in the lower left - which is the one that Rusty also posted. It's possible, but not clear, that a few others on the bottom left side, such as Camels that's mentioned, are also affected. To me, that Camals foil does look odd on that sheet.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:36:44 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 12:42:31 AM »
I have a Minute Lice that also looks odd with noticeably less blue shading and have always thought it was a later re-issue. Hmmm.....
A

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 06:41:21 AM »
Here are some details comparing a normal Camals to my Odd Camals (which I dubbed "Camals Light"):

Offline drono

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 07:05:55 AM »
If this is a true variation on the printing process and not just an anomaly on a few stickers of a few sheets, shouldn't we see this in tan and ludlows too?  I know not many of those survived, but I wonder if any of those exist.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 09:32:24 AM »
If this is a true variation on the printing process and not just an anomaly on a few stickers of a few sheets, shouldn't we see this in tan and ludlows too?
I would agree with you. However, I don't think it's a variation across the printing of the whole series. I'd say it's an anomaly for a small amount of the overall production.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:35:07 AM by bigtomi »

anything