Author Topic: I asked Topps about new releases  (Read 6788 times)

Offline DrDeal

I asked Topps about new releases
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:46 AM »
I spoke to Topps yesterday about my Redemption Card Item for Chrome. I also inquired about any upcoming WP releases. I was told nothing else for this year. So it looks like one Retail WP release per year is the current plan. No info on Postcards or if/ when Old School will resurface. I mentioned that Kickstarter would be a good avenue for Old School as it would give the Collector Community the chance to bring it to life with minimal risk for Topps. I would suggest; if other want OS5 to see the light of day; to make similar comments when calling Topps to try to build some demand for OS on Kickstarter to happen.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: I asked Topps about new releases
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:00:22 AM »
Well, that stinks.

Did they at least tell you anything useful about the sheet they owe you?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »
if other want OS5 to see the light of day
Think it already has. OS5 was in late 1973, OLDS5 also came out already. 

Offline dth1971

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »
I spoke to Topps yesterday about my Redemption Card Item for Chrome. I also inquired about any upcoming WP releases. I was told nothing else for this year. So it looks like one Retail WP release per year is the current plan. No info on Postcards or if/ when Old School will resurface. I mentioned that Kickstarter would be a good avenue for Old School as it would give the Collector Community the chance to bring it to life with minimal risk for Topps. I would suggest; if other want OS5 to see the light of day; to make similar comments when calling Topps to try to build some demand for OS on Kickstarter to happen.

Andrew

The next Topps Old School series would be Old School 6 - possibly to get funded on Kickstarter!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »
Think it already has. OS5 was in late 1973, OLDS5 also came out already.
Thanks for the correction. OLDS5 already out. Embarrassing.  I think you know what I meant. Just trying to keep our hobby ALIVE... With an aging hypothalmus.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »

Andrew

I was just wondering myself if anything wacky-related was in the pipeline.  Too bad that nothing else is on the docket the rest of the year.  Makes me wonder if anything at all (even for 2016) is on deck, other than perhaps a retail release.  It's always nice to have something good to look forward to.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 05:31:15 PM »
I would think/hope that Dave would tell us if he has started any OLDS6 paintings. I would also think/hope that Neil would tell us if anything was planned for Halloween Postcards. I fear that although on hold, if Halloween PC's are not released this year that they are... Hustler??

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 05:51:32 AM »
I would think/hope that Dave would tell us if he has started any OLDS6 paintings. I would also think/hope that Neil would tell us if anything was planned for Halloween Postcards. I fear that although on hold, if Halloween PC's are not released this year that they are... Hustler??

I know....probably most likely could be inherently and effectively.....wait for it........CANCELLED!!! :] :] :] :]

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 07:09:59 AM »
I know....probably most likely could be inherently and effectively.....wait for it........CANCELLED!!! :] :] :] :]

Halloween can't be cancelled!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »
Hey all, I have not started any OLDS6 paintings. There are other projects going on and I've been working on those (Wacky and non Wacky related). I will update if anything should happen with OLDS6. I'm, of course, very eager to do another series as I love working on it.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »
Halloween can't be cancelled!
I'm surprised another New Jersey fellow such as yourself would say that, as Halloween actually WAS (kind of) cancelled in 2012 when Hurricane Sandy hit. Governor Christie postponed it about a week. No trick or treats until November...

And you don't have to say "you know what I mean" because, yes, I do.   8)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
Hey all, I have not started any OLDS6 paintings. There are other projects going on and I've been working on those (Wacky and non Wacky related). I will update if anything should happen with OLDS6. I'm, of course, very eager to do another series as I love working on it.

I'm glad to hear, Dave, that you've got some Wacky-related projects in the works.  I sure hope OLDS6 comes to fruition, but at least there's something in the offing.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »
I received an Email from Topps today about a new item but it turned out to be...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqedbxGxfgE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqedbxGxfgE</a>

But it was a couple of pretty cool posters.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:13:29 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

anything