Author Topic: Will Topps Ever Release New Binders?  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Will Topps Ever Release New Binders?
« on: July 27, 2015, 12:48:06 PM »
I'm hoping Neil might have some intell on this question: Is Topps ever going to get around to making binders for the last few sets? I'm thinking that they still owe us 2014 Chrome, 2014 Series 1 and now 2015 series 1 binders. The last thing I saw from them was an Old School 5 binder, and that came out months ago. I realize they may not make a ton of money on these binders, but I consider them an important part of my motivation to keep buying the new sets.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Will Topps Ever Release New Binders?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 02:07:38 PM »
As far as I know, there's no current plans to create any binders for the sets you mentioned. But I've learned to expect the unexpected! For instance, I never thought we'd see "Wiggly Packages" in ANS...

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »
As far as I know, there's no current plans to create any binders for the sets you mentioned. But I've learned to expect the unexpected! For instance, I never thought we'd see "Wiggly Packages" in ANS...

Soooo... why is that the case? Seems like the binders would be of more value to collectors than the art prints, which the seem to have invested quite a bit into. And if someone wanted to have one made, is there a way to do that?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »
Do you mean a print-on-demand binder? If so, printing one binder would be very expensive. You'd need to make at least 50 or so if you wanted to get them for a reasonable price.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:40:48 PM by koduck »

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 07:05:27 PM »
Do you mean a print-on-demand binder? If so, printing one binder would be very expensive. You'd need to make at least 50 or so if you wanted to get them for a reasonable price.

That's what I was thinking of. I thought with newer technology, perhaps you could buy a one-off at a decent price. But I guess they haven't really changed the process to where that's economical.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »
You're right! It should be cheaper, especially if it were printed digitally, since it doesn't normally involve big set up fees. But binders are kind of a specialty item and many printers don't choose to do them.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »
I agree investing in Canvas art versus the client base for binders is a like letting Jessie James be the head bank teller ....

GPK gets 'em......nothing wacky about this, just disloyalty from Topps..........

Offline dth1971

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »
Why not binders related to the 1985 and 1991 Wacky Packages series?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »
I ended up making my own nice looking one for Chrome.... I have posted this before........ I wish they would not copyright stuff, meaning I want to send images like these to a professional web based company to print it on a canvass binder for me...... Hope this helps the Chromies:

anything