Author Topic: Wackys at Walmart.com  (Read 17423 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Wackys at Walmart.com
« on: July 16, 2015, 11:23:55 AM »
So I just came across this now.  Not sure Wackys have ever shown up at any retailer's online store.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2015-Topps-Wacky-Packages/45727829?sourceid=csesh02b9a9652552ea4c0ea84b5587f8f61185&wmlspartner=shoppingcom2&affcmpid=3607494695&tmode=0000&veh=cse&sdc_id=1437070634z238016z4b073b0a3123zz&affjs=1&affwt=popupBlank

Although one couldn't choose the blue lud stickers, there's free shipping when one buys five packs and it's a guaranteed way to get at least some of the blue lud stickers.

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wackys at Walmart.com
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
Not looking very limited to me.......   

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
I don't understand this...

"Warning - Choking Hazard - Small Parts   Not suitable for children under 3 years"

And shouldn't it be "Choke King"?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
Does not contain batteries.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 05:24:45 AM »
Not looking very limited to me.......
Every store on the pickup is out of stock. I put my email in to see if it comes back.   I think it was just a one time release, and they are very limited. 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 06:26:14 AM »
Every store on the pickup is out of stock. I put my email in to see if it comes back.   I think it was just a one time release, and they are very limited.

Does that mean that only your local store(s) is out of stock?  Or that there are no packs left at all in the system?  I don't quite know how these things work, but I was assuming that there is some warehouse somewhere with a bunch of these packs.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »
Tom, thanks for posting.  This is very cool and fun to see.  I was able to buy one and have it shipped to my local Walmart.  At least they charged me for it and say it will be there next Friday.  I'll report back if it comes through. 

Also, I like how the header card in the picture is heavily creased.  It shows how much Walmart understands card collectors.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »
Being in the right place at the right time is nice. These were at my local store so I picked up a few and even managed a blue ludlow. I have 2 Bunions that I am not listing online but are available if anyone needs them. No charge.

Evey single one of the blisters (or whatever you call them) looked as if the associates were using them to play frisbee with the store greeter.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 08:49:46 PM »
The wackys are done in my opinion. They are putting out the GPK same packaging.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 08:21:54 PM »
So indeed my 3 pack blister card arrived at my local Walmart yesterday and I picked it up today.  Once again I have to thank Tom as this is the first time I've ever purchased Wackys there.  Of course, the blister pack did look like someone played football with it but it did contain a Hello Kidney Blue Ludliw which was a nice surprise.  Also I just checked and Walmart.com still has these in stock.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:41:19 PM by Joe G. »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 04:57:14 AM »
Sunday these were $7.47.  Yesterday they were $8.56.  Today, they're $9.26!!

I actually had 12 in my cart Sunday afternoon, but my power went out, and so went my internet access.  I figured, no problem, I'll just order Monday morning.  Then the price was up, and I was annoyed, so I passed.  My earlier order showed up yesterday, and I did well enough with my 12 packs (6 blue luds and a Dave Gross Megoof sketch!) that I figured I'd pony up the extra buck per package, only to get further annoyed this morning.  Guess I'll just keep waiting for a blue Dubble Bobble to show up on evilbay.

I was hoping ordering these from Walmart would encourage them to stock Wackys again in the future, but it looks like they're heading towards TRU prices  :sad:  Has anyone noticed whether store prices have also gone up?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 07:15:56 AM »
Sunday these were $7.47.  Yesterday they were $8.56.  Today, they're $9.26!!

I actually had 12 in my cart Sunday afternoon, but my power went out, and so went my internet access.  I figured, no problem, I'll just order Monday morning.  Then the price was up, and I was annoyed, so I passed.  My earlier order showed up yesterday, and I did well enough with my 12 packs (6 blue luds and a Dave Gross Megoof sketch!) that I figured I'd pony up the extra buck per package, only to get further annoyed this morning.  Guess I'll just keep waiting for a blue Dubble Bobble to show up on evilbay.

I was hoping ordering these from Walmart would encourage them to stock Wackys again in the future, but it looks like they're heading towards TRU prices  :sad:  Has anyone noticed whether store prices have also gone up?

My friend has that one i think - i will check with him and get back to you - interested just PM me..

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 08:33:06 AM »
One Bunion left if anyone needs it.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 03:15:29 AM »
Price went up to $10.09 now,they keep going up,just like prices of gas. :'( :'(

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 09:22:13 PM »
Price went up to $10.09 now,they keep going up,just like prices of gas. :'( :'(

Wow, all those price increases strike me as bizarre.  Not only the number of increases, but the overall percent, approximately 33% in just a few days. 

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 03:22:56 AM »
Wow, all those price increases strike me as bizarre.  Not only the number of increases, but the overall percent, approximately 33% in just a few days.

This morning it's $11.35!!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 08:06:58 AM »
When it gets to $12, sell!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 10:15:29 AM »
When it gets to $12, sell!

Sound advice!!! Only way I'd make a decent markup on eBay's now 10% overall auction fees (which assesses on postage and insurance too). A

Offline drono

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »

I wonder if Wal-Mart has an automated program that adjusts the price based on supply and demand.  I can't imagine that the supply is high, but the demand is certainly going up quickly.

I got 5 when they were $7 and change since that's the minimum that would ship for free, and I got them delivered at home yesterday.  Since the price is going up, look on the bright side, you only have to buy 4 for free shipping now!  Pretty soon, it will only be 3.  The earlier reference to gas prices reminds me of an analogy to higher gas prices making cars go faster.  50 years ago it used to take you all week to burn $2 worth of gas, now it only takes a few minutes -- so the cars must be going faster!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »
The opposite of a roll back is?

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 03:49:44 PM »
I wonder if Wal-Mart has an automated program that adjusts the price based on supply and demand.  I can't imagine that the supply is high, but the demand is certainly going up quickly.

I got 5 when they were $7 and change since that's the minimum that would ship for free, and I got them delivered at home yesterday.  Since the price is going up, look on the bright side, you only have to buy 4 for free shipping now!  Pretty soon, it will only be 3.  The earlier reference to gas prices reminds me of an analogy to higher gas prices making cars go faster.  50 years ago it used to take you all week to burn $2 worth of gas, now it only takes a few minutes -- so the cars must be going faster!

Something similar happened to me on an airline website - the longer I took to make up my mind about a flight the more expensive it got! Every day when I went back to check and used the same flight parameters the site knew it was me and
raised the price....A

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 05:45:58 PM »
I for one will not participate in the raising of prices for supply and demand.  This is just setting up the next series to be released at a higher price point.  I like the hunt and find, one price.  Not based on how much someone is willing to pay.  They might as well put them on eBay

Offline drono

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
Something similar happened to me on an airline website - the longer I took to make up my mind about a flight the more expensive it got! Every day when I went back to check and used the same flight parameters the site knew it was me and
raised the price....A

Airlines definitely do that and are quite sophisticated at it along with knowing how many seats to overbook to compensate for cancellations.  I work for a hospitality company and we do the same thing with our hotel room prices.  As the supply gets lower and the date gets closer, we raise the price.  Seeing the price going up creates a sense of urgency to buy before it gets too high.  We try to avoid the pitfall of having to sell rooms at the last moment at lower prices just to fill the rooms.  In the hospitality industry there is a cost per occupied room (CPOR) that involves utilities, laundry, housekeeping, servicing staff, etc., so it's not always better to fill every room at any price than it is to have some empty.  The formulas are quite complex and very secretive between hotel chains.  I certainly wouldn't doubt that a retailer the size of Wal-Mart has gotten it down to a science.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 03:04:24 AM »
And today they're back to $7.47.  :-\   Maybe no one was biting at the inflated price? 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 03:27:54 AM »
And today they're back to $7.47.  :-\   Maybe no one was biting at the inflated price?

Sounds like these Wackys are made of lobster... daily market price.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:28 AM »

Sounds like these Wackys are made of lobster... daily market price.

Tru Dat dude - anyone looking for a SPECIFIC BLUE LUD - LMK FOR SALE!!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 07:57:22 AM »
See I Boycotted them and it worked.  They caved under the pressure.  (my story and I am sticking to it)  :bravo_2:

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 09:08:54 AM »
Back up to $8.04  :-\

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2015, 12:29:38 PM »
Back up to $8.04  :-\

I guess some people started ordering again while the price was $7.47, so they will now try again with their roll-up prices.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 12:33:55 AM »
now back up to $8.56 lol

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2015, 02:07:26 AM »
$9.29 today.  That's 3 cents higher than last Tuesday's price.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2015, 06:38:19 AM »
$9.29 today.  That's 3 cents higher than last Tuesday's price.

I suspect the price is fluctuating based on commodity prices on the NASDAQ.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 11:47:29 AM »
Packaging on these are less than desirable. They may get banged up in mailing and guess what? It's the blue cards that suffers when this happens as it's closest to the edges. Will be very hard to get a perfect condition blue set. A

Offline drono

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 08:20:32 PM »
Packaging on these are less than desirable. They may get banged up in mailing and guess what? It's the blue cards that suffers when this happens as it's closest to the edges. Will be very hard to get a perfect condition blue set. A

The ones I got delivered to me at home were find.  There were soft creases in the blister card stock, but the stickers were not damaged.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 01:28:18 AM »
The ones I got delivered to me at home were find.  There were soft creases in the blister card stock, but the stickers were not damaged.

The ones I got from the web were actually in a little better shape than a few that came from stores.  One from the web was kind of mangled, and came with a plastic hanger glued to the spot where the peg would go for display, because the cardboard had been ripped, which made me think it might have been in a store at some point.  Funny thing about that pack, the blue card was fine.  Overall though, quite a few of my blue cards have dinged corners.

Of course, they cost $10.09 today on the web, so stores would be preferable today.