Author Topic: Does anyone know where these are from?  (Read 10066 times)

Offline chipereno

Does anyone know where these are from?
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:57:17 PM »
A friend of mine who I collected wackys with in the 70's
found a bunch of these in a box his mother gave to him.
I've never seen them before and he does not remember where
they came from either.
Anyone know?
I looked on Rusty's site and in the Gallery and could not find
any info.
They are really small, not diecut and perfed on the edges.

Sorry not sure why the image rotated.....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:59:02 PM by chipereno »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Does anyone know where these are from?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:17:27 PM »
Hi Chip,

I think these might be inserts from the 70's kids magazine, Dynamite. I don't recall much about them, except that there was a special Wacky Packages issue with pullout cards.

Offline chipereno

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »
Thanks for the info!
I figured it had to have been something like that
since you can see the perfs and they had been torn out.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »
Interesting stuff.  What other titles did he have?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:46 PM »
Hi Chip,

I think these might be inserts from the 70's kids magazine, Dynamite. I don't recall much about them, except that there was a special Wacky Packages issue with pullout cards.
What issue had wacky pack cards?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »
Hi Chip,

That's interesting.  I didn't think Dynamite had ever had Wackys.  I collected Dynamite quite regularly for a couple years (probably about '74-'76) and don't recall seeing them in any issue I had, or any of my friends' or brothers' issues for that matter.  I'd love to think they're out there, though.  A nice oddball item to have, for sure.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 11:27:16 PM »
That's interesting.  I didn't think Dynamite had ever had Wackys.  I collected Dynamite quite regularly for a couple years (probably about '74-'76) and don't recall seeing them in any issue I had, or any of my friends' or brothers' issues for that matter.  I'd love to think they're out there, though.  A nice oddball item to have, for sure.

I've got a full run of Dynamite Magazine (the final issues from the early 90's were so low-printed that they were quite a challenge to find - the magazine lasted until 1992) and I can verify that they produced a number of Wacky-like things, but no real Wacky type of stickers.  They did produce parody cut-outs and such, and they may have even covered Wacky Packages (but I don't know) but they loved parodies.  They did some fun baseball card parodies as well. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 11:29:20 PM »
Hi Chip,

Neil,

I really don't think so... Not saying its impossible, but I do not recall encountering these in any of my issues.  Could be that my copy of said Wacky issue has had the inserts removed (I have a full run of Dynamite, but I'm certain that not every issue is complete with all inserts, though most are). 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 04:53:57 AM »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 07:45:01 AM »
These are perforated, I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for.....

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 10:11:04 AM »
Here is the "party pack" that included the perforated Neveready...

Looks to be a match in terms of size, no border writing, etc.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:12:58 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »
Neil,

I really don't think so... Not saying its impossible, but I do not recall encountering these in any of my issues.  Could be that my copy of said Wacky issue has had the inserts removed (I have a full run of Dynamite, but I'm certain that not every issue is complete with all inserts, though most are).

You're right. The Party Pack is more likely the correct source. I was just taking a guess based on my recollection of the magazine. I remember seeing at least one wacky article but I may be confusing the pullout cards for another insert.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:08:16 AM by koduck »

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 01:21:03 PM »
You're right. The Party Pack is more likely the correct source. I was just taking a guess based on my recollection of the magazine. I remember seeing at least one wacky article but I may be confusing the pullout cards for another insert.

I know Dynamite Magazine had Topps Baseball card insert sheets around 1976 or 1977. I think there were 6 perforated cards per sheet. Perforated cards from Topps in Dynamite... I give you a 90% retention score on that. Pretty good.   :PDT_Armataz_01_37:   I operate at about 25% most of the time.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 06:48:24 PM »
I know Dynamite Magazine had Topps Baseball card insert sheets around 1976 or 1977. I think there were 6 perforated cards per sheet. Perforated cards from Topps in Dynamite... I give you a 90% retention score on that. Pretty good.   :PDT_Armataz_01_37:   I operate at about 25% most of the time.

I recall the baseball cards as well.  However, I'm pretty sure they weren't perforated; simply a six card "sheet" cut from the larger 132 card sheet.  I suppose I haven't verified it, but I've assumed that the cards were different, which would make sense if they were indeed cut from a larger 132 card sheet.  I have a bunch of issues of Dynamite, but I don't think any still have the cards in them.  Jason, do any of yours?

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »
I recall the baseball cards as well.  However, I'm pretty sure they weren't perforated; simply a six card "sheet" cut from the larger 132 card sheet.  I suppose I haven't verified it, but I've assumed that the cards were different, which would make sense if they were indeed cut from a larger 132 card sheet.  I have a bunch of issues of Dynamite, but I don't think any still have the cards in them.  Jason, do any of yours?
Krukcards is selling a billion of these 6 card baseball dynamite sheets.  There were no wacky packages in Dynamite, only wacky package like stickers.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 10:27:45 PM »

I do have several issues with the baseball cards.  I can't recall if the card selection was different, or if every issue got the same exact six cards...

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 10:31:36 PM »
I've got a full run of Dynamite Magazine (the final issues from the early 90's were so low-printed that they were quite a challenge to find - the magazine lasted until 1992) and I can verify that they produced a number of Wacky-like things, but no real Wacky type of stickers.  They did produce parody cut-outs and such, and they may have even covered Wacky Packages (but I don't know) but they loved parodies.  They did some fun baseball card parodies as well.

It's interesting that Dynamite Magazine felt free to use the term "Wacky Package".         Asparagus & Ammonia Surprise...yummy!               

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 03:51:45 PM »
Saw this today on eBay and couldn't remember if this thread covered this material:

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »
Saw this today on eBay and couldn't remember if this thread covered this material:

Joe, Also more discussion of DYNAMITE Mag parody items in another thread:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=579.0

Unfortunately, some of the pics have been lost as the forum changed picture attachment utilities at one point.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 02:54:05 AM »

Unfortunately, some of the pics have been lost as the forum changed picture attachment utilities at one point.

I HATE it when that happens!!!!

anything