Author Topic: Found Old Wacky Stickers  (Read 10932 times)

Offline Dead badge

Found Old Wacky Stickers
« on: June 25, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

I don't know anything about Wacky cards/stickers ect... But found a handful of them and don't really know what to do with them or what they are worth. They seem to be in good condition but are unwrapped. Here's a list of the names:

Maddie Boy
Casket
Sunsweat
Feetena
Hurtz
Nuttz
Bigtumi
Secrets
Big Muc
Alpoo
Triks
Head&Boulders
Commie
Murial Blands
Grime
Caraid
Oh hairy
Sunstroke creature crackers
Moron imbecile blank crows
(2) mr.goodbye
Heavy trash bags
Life servers
Duznt do nuthin (has camel stamp on back)
Choke wagon
Bum

Can anyone fill me in? Thank you!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Found Old Wacky Stickers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »
Hey everyone,

I don't know anything about Wacky cards/stickers ect... But found a handful of them and don't really know what to do with them or what they are worth. They seem to be in good condition but are unwrapped. Here's a list of the names:

Maddie Boy
Casket
Sunsweat
Feetena
Hurtz
Nuttz
Bigtumi
Secrets
Big Muc
Alpoo
Triks
Head&Boulders
Commie
Murial Blands
Grime
Caraid
Oh hairy
Sunstroke creature crackers
Moron imbecile blank crows
(2) mr.goodbye
Heavy trash bags
Life servers
Duznt do nuthin (has camel stamp on back)
Choke wagon
Bum

Can anyone fill me in? Thank you!

At first glance, you have a couple of titles that are notable: Duzn't (Ludlow back - the one with the camels) and Chock Wagon. The rest appear to be garden variety stickers. Of course, a lot depends on the condition.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 02:15:57 PM »
you should post a better picture of Choke Wagon

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 02:31:49 PM »
Also a better picture of the Duzunt.  Front and Back

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 02:34:54 PM »
Also a better picture of the Duzunt.  Front and Back
Are you selling these.  If so I am interested in the Camel Back Duzn't 

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
Just a general question - I've seen several of these type posts where a person new to the board posts a sale thread showing old cards just unearthed, sometimes including rare wackys - have these transactions all gone through without a hitch? Were the cards genuine? Did sales actually happened? Did the seller just ended up flaking on the deal?
A

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »
Just a general question - I've seen several of these type posts where a person new to the board posts a sale thread showing old cards just unearthed, sometimes including rare wackys - have these transactions all gone through without a hitch? Were the cards genuine? Did sales actually happened? Did the seller just ended up flaking on the deal?
A

That's a good question. I haven't had anyone scam me. I remember asking Greg Grant that years ago because he would buy from anyone. He said he never got screwed. He may have gotten some less than desired wackys but they always delivered.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »
That's a good question. I haven't had anyone scam me. I remember asking Greg Grant that years ago because he would buy from anyone. He said he never got screwed. He may have gotten some less than desired wackys but they always delivered.
I remember someone mentioning one instance, thought it was Greg, where he felt things were fishy because it was for rare cards that seemed too good to be true. He was not able to go meet and inspect them and against better judgement went ahead with it anyways.
and ended up receiving a box with just a telephone book inside.
but I think that was just one time, out of who knows how many transactions. probably hundreds?

Offline Dead badge

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »
Here is the duznt front and back and the choke wagon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Here is the duznt front and back and the choke wagon

thanks

just fyi - the corners of older cards is a very important feature towards valuation, and you can't really see any of them in the pics

Offline Dead badge

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 05:26:52 PM »
What would the value of all these be roughly? All help is appreciated.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 05:47:49 PM »
As Fanatical mentioned, seeing the whole card (including the corners) is key to evaluating them. Please take pics/scans that show the entire card, if you're looking for a more accurate appraisal.

Offline Dead badge

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »
Out of the ones u see which would be the ones most interesting? I have no scanner but will take better pics.

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 06:42:53 PM »
Out of the ones u see which would be the ones most interesting? I have no scanner but will take better pics.
The same two

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 02:45:44 AM »
From the little bit I see, it looks like all the corners are blunted.  I would only pay 25.00 for the Duznt. 

Offline Dead badge

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 04:40:33 AM »

Yeah not being an expert i wold say they are in good not great condition. Also found some 1973 youll die laughing cards i thought were neat

Offline Kook

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »
I remember someone mentioning one instance, thought it was Greg, where he felt things were fishy because it was for rare cards that seemed too good to be true. He was not able to go meet and inspect them and against better judgement went ahead with it anyways.
and ended up receiving a box with just a telephone book inside.
but I think that was just one time, out of who knows how many transactions. probably hundreds?

Yes, I remember hearing that from Greg as well. From what I remember it was a deal in the "thousands" and I also remember it being from Canada. Even though he paid with paypal, he was having a problem getting a refund because there was delivery confirmation. I remember that he received very poor cooperation from paypal, had to file a police report at their request, and they were still giving him the run around. I don't know what the final outcome was.

I would look further into paypal's "buyer protection" especially with regards to claims outside of USA or regarding quality &/or accuracy of description if doing an off ebay/direct deal. In this case (2 cards in the $50 range) it's much less of a concern/consideration barring any red flags.

Offline Dead badge

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »
Yeah i wasnt tryin to sell these on here i def would though. That was gonna be my next question os where to sell these? I live in north alabama and there arnt any card shops that i know of. Im not familiar with ebay or pay pal but if anyones interested ill def get an account or whatever. So if these were ur cards and you was gonna sell what eould ur askin price be for all of them? And the teo ones people were interested in? Im not tryin to get top dollar just a fair price.

Offline Kook

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »
Yeah i wasnt tryin to sell these on here i def would though. That was gonna be my next question os where to sell these? I live in north alabama and there arnt any card shops that i know of. Im not familiar with ebay or pay pal but if anyones interested ill def get an account or whatever. So if these were ur cards and you was gonna sell what eould ur askin price be for all of them? And the teo ones people were interested in? Im not tryin to get top dollar just a fair price.

IMO, the choke wagon would probably get in the range of $40 to $50 on ebay due to its condition. If it were in better shape, you might go $75 to $100, but it's pretty rough.

The duznt Ludlow would probably go for $50 to $100 depending on the bidding. Ludlows are wildcards because they are tough to find. I would say 80% chance you're going to get much closer to the $50, possibly even a bit lower due to the condition, but if 2 people need it, I wouldn't be surprised if it went up to $100, but I would say that's more of a longshot.

The other 25 are pretty common. Some of the series might pull an average of less than $1 ea, but some like the 2nd series, couple of 1st series & higher series might pull a couple of bucks each since they seem to be in decent shape. Overall, probably $20 to $30 if sold as a lot.

If the whole bunch were sold together, you might expect a little less than separating this lot into the above 3 parts, but probably in the neighborhood of $125.

For a direct sale without the hassles, cost & uncertainty of ebay you might consider a 15% to 20% lower offer from someone here as reasonable since it would be less work & after fees, you'd probably net about the same.

my 2 cents

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 09:24:26 PM »
I think most collectors on our forum know what they want and most better be NM unless it's super rare. From the pics I can say, I'm out. No offense to the seller but these have seen better days.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 02:19:33 AM »
I agree with Kook.  There are often a couple of Choke Wagons on ebay, and yours is pretty rough, so I'd be surprised if you got multiple people bidding it up high on ebay.  You'd also be starting off as a brand new ebay user with zero feedback, which won't help.  And I believe fees will be around 30%.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 02:29:08 AM »
I think most collectors on our forum know what they want and most better be NM unless it's super rare. From the pics I can say, I'm out. No offense to the seller but these have seen better days.

Actually, I sometimes build lower condition sets for fun.

Offline Dead badge

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 04:15:53 AM »
Thanks every one especially kook! Well i have them and i geuss  gonna try to get ab 70 for them. I have nothing in them and id rather give them a low price then some buy them and be dissapointed with there purchase and im gonna put the old youll die laughin cards with them to. Maybe ill get lucky lol

Offline Dead badge

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 04:18:13 AM »
The youll die laughin cards most of them are rough and not worth anything anyway just kind of neat

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 07:25:10 AM »
The youll die laughin cards most of them are rough and not worth anything anyway just kind of neat
PM sent yesterday