Author Topic: Looking for Olds 1 Original Series Lynch Sketches  (Read 4575 times)

Offline Kook

Looking for Olds 1 Original Series Lynch Sketches
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:26:03 AM »
I have recently started to assemble a set of olds1 Jay Lynch sketches. I'm only interested in original series characters & have purchased a few so far. If you have any available, please send a list & pricing. I'd prefer to put the set together in as few transactions as possible, so the longer the list, the better.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Looking for Olds 1 Original Series Lynch Sketches
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:47:20 AM »
Are you looking for color sketches as well? If so those will be pricey.

Offline Kook

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:21:08 AM »
Are you looking for color sketches as well? If so those will be pricey.

I'm not against color sketches if the title & price were right, but I'm primarily looking for b&w. When Leslie sold her sketch hoard a while back, the color ones didn't bring too much, especially compared to what she paid back in the day. When she was liquidating, I wasn't looking for any, but in hindsight, there were some beautiful sketches at great prices.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:02:00 AM »
I can't remember if she sold off any color. I recently bought the Qreep color for around $400 so I wouldn't say that was cheap. It was also a bidding war on eBay so I didn't pay that as an asking price.

Offline Kook

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 02:38:12 PM »
I can't remember if she sold off any color. I recently bought the Qreep color for around $400 so I wouldn't say that was cheap. It was also a bidding war on eBay so I didn't pay that as an asking price.

I think it was about a year ago give or take 6 mos that she sold off probably a couple of hundred color sketches. She blew out all the Lynch olds1 dimwits & a bunch of other tough sketches. I remember some colors going in the $50 to $200 range that had previously sold well north of $1K. She sold so much at once that the market was flooded. I have no idea how she would have done if she sold a few off at a time. Things seemed to have stabilized & the older & higher quality stuff also seems to have dried up a bit.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 03:34:01 PM »
I think it was about a year ago give or take 6 mos that she sold off probably a couple of hundred color sketches. She blew out all the Lynch olds1 dimwits & a bunch of other tough sketches. I remember some colors going in the $50 to $200 range that had previously sold well north of $1K. She sold so much at once that the market was flooded. I have no idea how she would have done if she sold a few off at a time. Things seemed to have stabilized & the older & higher quality stuff also seems to have dried up a bit.
key words Older and Quality