Author Topic: Shipping an Uncut Sheet  (Read 2291 times)

Offline frankov

Shipping an Uncut Sheet
« on: June 07, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »
I was wondering if a complete uncut sheet could be shipped in a regular poster shipping tube ?

Can it be safely rolled without it peeling the stickers ?

Since I'm in Montreal, Canada, it's probably going to be on a hell of a ride, so I wanna make sure the item will arrive in good condition.

Anyone had an uncut sheet shipped ?

PS: I'm thinking of buying one of those multiple 1979 uncut sheets - anything I should know about those ?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Shipping an Uncut Sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »
I was wondering if a complete uncut sheet could be shipped in a regular poster shipping tube ?

Can it be safely rolled without it peeling the stickers ?

Since I'm in Montreal, Canada, it's probably going to be on a hell of a ride, so I wanna make sure the item will arrive in good condition.

Anyone had an uncut sheet shipped ?

If it's a valuable/rare sheet, IMO you're better off paying to ship it flat.  If you're going to roll it, at least put the kiss cut sticker side on the inside.

I just received a package with a bunch of uncut ANS sheets, and even with $150 in packing and shipping charges they didn't get through completely undinged, but at least they were flat.  I can't imagine how bad they could have been had they been rolled and slid into rough cardboard shipping tubes.

Offline frankov

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 01:44:16 PM »
Thanks for the info!

It's not any rare versions but still will make sure it's shipped flat.

I better make sure the uncut sheet I'm buying hasn't already been rolled - I've seen a few entries with curled corners and was wondering how these were handled.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »
I'd think older sheets wouldn't have the integrity to survive without chancing some sort of blemish and separation unless it was a rolled loosely rather than a small, tight roll. Even so, every sheet I have ever received from Topps (OS, OS2, ANS2 Clings) was shipped flat. Even that route has its disadvantages as well.