Author Topic: ARE YOU PUZZLED!!!  (Read 21403 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
ARE YOU PUZZLED!!!
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:01:32 PM »
I took the images that have been posted so far and 2 pieces go together. The one on top doesn't seem to fit this puzzle.
Post your puzzle pieces here so we can solve the mystery, if we can.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:08:28 PM by BumChex »

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: ARE YOU PUZZLED!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:31:36 PM »
That's cool seeing the puzzle pieces next to one another.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
That's cool seeing the puzzle pieces next to one another.

It is! I wouldn't mind having this puzzle set.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 02:03:45 PM »
My guess is that Captain Moron is holding a parrot on the missing piece,and the parrot is smoking a pipe. 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 02:26:27 PM »
Brad,

So far, that's the correct order for the puzzle.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 03:22:18 PM »
I took the images that have been posted so far and 2 pieces go together. The one on top doesn't seem to fit this puzzle.

I don't believe the one I pulled (pictured on the top) is part of a puzzle.  I just checked it out and nowhere on the card does it have "you got puzzled."

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »
I don't believe the one I pulled (pictured on the top) is part of a puzzle.  I just checked it out and nowhere on the card does it have "you got puzzled."

It's not. I think the top will be 2 parts of the guys hat with his face in the middle.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »
You're right, but the upper left puzzle piece was similar to the sketch card pictured.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »

Oddly, only the one showing more of the hat has "are you puzzled" on it.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »

Oddly, only the one showing more of the hat has "are you puzzled" on it.
That bottom right might be the top left of the puzzle? I will match it up tomorrow.
Wait. Now that I look at them together I don't think they would go together. I think the hat has to be cut in half.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 08:39:20 PM by BumChex »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 08:41:37 PM »
Here is the sketch card I pulled this evening.

#75/300
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:39:44 PM by Jean Nutty »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 09:33:32 PM »
Here is the sketch card I pulled this evening.
I think these head shots look less like puzzle pieces but could more likely be used to make an old fashioned "flip" movie.  Look at my two titles and yours.  Flip through them and it looks like Capn is moving across the sticker frame!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 09:37:19 PM »
I think these head shots look less like puzzle pieces but could more likely be used to make an old fashioned "flip" movie.  Look at my two titles and yours.  Flip through them and it looks like Capn is moving across the sticker frame!
Oh, you are right!
Very cool!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 11:35:33 PM »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:19 AM »
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 06:18:36 AM »

You just gave Smokin Joe a new idea for the next series!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Friggen awesome dude, thanks for bringing this to life!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 06:34:40 AM »
Although there are significant differences between these 3, my brain continues to insist there is some flip book association! I'm still really enjoying your work John - thanks for doing that. You made my (single) cool sketch card even cooler than it already is! I'm going to save this image to my PC in a moment. Maybe there should be some sort of community gallery for stuff like this? Which would also be a place for guests to visit. I think stuff like this increases excitement in the hobby - fur sure fur sure . . .

A sketch card would make some new member (or an old member looking for a makeover) a cool avatar - has anyone done that yet?
This image, cut out of the pink frame, might make a good avatar - slowed down. I wonder if there are other similar sketch cards to blend in also.

Back on topic, I'm glad I got this and not a puzzle card! At first I kind of was not too hip on the closeup aspect of this particular style (these 3), specifically because I could not see the whole figure, and I want to see the whole figure, but now I appreciate it much more. They had to it this way in order to show the closeup details. As others have said, I really like how some bits and parts (such as my hook) go off the frame and return again.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 06:36:35 AM by Jean Nutty »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 07:38:51 AM »

A sketch card would make some new member (or an old member looking for a makeover) a cool avatar - has anyone done that yet?
This image, cut out of the pink frame, might make a good avatar - slowed down. I wonder if there are other similar sketch cards to blend in also.

I have considered using my Halloween Botman sketch from Neil as an avatar.  But Rebell-Jet did such a great job on my RawGoo avatar, I don't know that I should switch.  It did look a lot clearer on the old forum where I could use the larger version, but it's still cool this way.  I'm also not at all good at cutting images, and have no ability to animate them.

As for there being other sketch cards to blend into the Captain Moron's flip-card aspect, we may never know.   :(

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:41:29 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »
I have considered using my Halloween Botman sketch from Neil as an avatar.  But Rebell-Jet did such a great job on my RawGoo avatar, I don't know that I should switch.  It did look a lot clearer on the old forum where I could use the larger version, but it's still cool this way.  I'm also not at all good at cutting images, and have no ability to animate them.

You can always switch temporarily, then go back to your awesome RawGoo avatar when you start to miss it :)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »
Although there are significant differences between these 3, my brain continues to insist there is some flip book association! I'm still really enjoying your work John - thanks for doing that. You made my (single) cool sketch card even cooler than it already is! I'm going to save this image to my PC in a moment. Maybe there should be some sort of community gallery for stuff like this? Which would also be a place for guests to visit. I think stuff like this increases excitement in the hobby - fur sure fur sure . . .

Back on topic, I'm glad I got this and not a puzzle card! At first I kind of was not too hip on the closeup aspect of this particular style (these 3), specifically because I could not see the whole figure, and I want to see the whole figure, but now I appreciate it much more. They had to it this way in order to show the closeup details. As others have said, I really like how some bits and parts (such as my hook) go off the frame and return again.

I too wasn't sure about the "closeup" sketches. I do like them now. Plus I like the fact that the artists are letting their creativity flow by doing whatever they want - closeups, puzzles, full characters, different captions (Neil's wolves come to mind), color, mixing in OS characters, combos, etc. Love it!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 10:11:22 AM »
Oh here's another animation I did of that cool Jay Lynch "Eye Pop" OldS sketch:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »
Oh here's another animation I did of that cool Jay Lynch "Eye Pop" OldS sketch:

That one is the best!

Taz

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 11:09:33 AM »
That one is the best!

Fantastic John!  Maybe a tint of color to the eyes show they are bloodshot?

Offline tearawayface

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 10:24:26 AM »
So I have cards with Question marks on them, one actually said are you puzzled on the back, the other did not have this writing. Are all Smokin Joe cards with question marks Puzzle cards regardless if they say Are You Puzzled on the back???

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
So I have cards with Question marks on them, one actually said are you puzzled on the back, the other did not have this writing. Are all Smokin Joe cards with question marks Puzzle cards regardless if they say Are You Puzzled on the back???
Dunno yet. I believe that is what some folks are trying to detemine...just what exactly is on the puzzle cards (and probably all the other sketch cards as well). Can you post scans of the fronts and backs for all to see? That would be really cool of you and it would help everyone determine just what is up with the puzzle cards. Thanks.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline bandaches

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 02:01:50 PM »

I have identified all four puzzle pieces but it doesn't seem they are going to end up in one collector's hands to complete the puzzle but at least I can confirm none were lost in the shipment.  It was fun at least tracking them down but I am moving on to focus on getting one H8 sketch and hopefully something from Phase 2.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
I have identified all four puzzle pieces but it doesn't seem they are going to end up in one collector's hands to complete the puzzle but at least I can confirm none were lost in the shipment.  It was fun at least tracking them down but I am moving on to focus on getting one H8 sketch and hopefully something from Phase 2.

Can we get scans of the rest of the puzzle pieces posted here? At least that way I can digitally paste them together.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »
Can we get scans of the rest of the puzzle pieces posted here? At least that way I can digitally paste them together.
I don't have access to the scans of all four cards from work but I do have this crudely slapped together puzzle I did..I have no doubt you will do 1000% better job especially when I get you scans of all 4 cards later tonight.

Just so everyone knows, I have been trading emails with Smokin Joe and he has confirmed there was only one puzzle of 4 pieces.  The 4 pieces have some phrase with "PUZZLE" on the back.  Pieces with just ????? are NOT part of the puzzle.  He loves the "mini motion picture" we created with his sketches.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »
I don't have access to the scans of all four cards from work but I do have this crudely slapped together puzzle I did..I have no doubt you will do 1000% better job especially when I get you scans of all 4 cards later tonight.

Just so everyone knows, I have been trading emails with Smokin Joe and he has confirmed there was only one puzzle of 4 pieces.  The 4 pieces have some phrase with "PUZZLE" on the back.  Pieces with just ????? are NOT part of the puzzle.  He loves the "mini motion picture" we created with his sketches.

That looks cool! So those 4 are all Joe's official puzzle pieces?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »
That looks cool! So those 4 are all Joe's official puzzle pieces?
Yes, that is what I tried to convey.  Here are the full card images so you can align them better if you would like.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »
Seems strange that the top 2 and bottom 2 match up so good with each other but when you put the top and bottom together they seem to be missing something in between.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 11:24:26 PM »
I pasted them together 2 ways. The first one with borders cropped together as one big card, and the second, just putting the cards next to one another. The second actually looks a little more complete. Sort of like the "missing" parts of the drawing are hidden behind the borders?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 02:12:30 AM »
The second actually looks a little more complete. Sort of like the "missing" parts of the drawing are hidden behind the borders?
John, the bit of incongruity of these 4 pieces has puzzled me. Yes, the borders are needed, and our brain fills in the gaps. I think everything lines up perfectly in the second format. Great work. I’m humored I find the knee so funny. I never knew a knee could be so funny.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 03:44:37 AM »
I pasted them together 2 ways. The first one with borders cropped together as one big card, and the second, just putting the cards next to one another. The second actually looks a little more complete. Sort of like the "missing" parts of the drawing are hidden behind the borders?

Great job, as always!  Thanks for putting these together for us.  The second one definitely looks more complete.  It's kind of like the pink sketch borders are overlays with 'windows' placed on top of one large sketch.

anything