Author Topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING SERIES 6 LIMITED EDITION POSTCARDS  (Read 14257 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Due to a lost shipment, a number of Wacky Packages Series 6 Limited Edition postcard sets will be delayed shipping out. We apologize for the inconvenience and we anticipate shipping replacement sets in the next two weeks. If you prefer an immediate refund, please email storehelp@topps.com. Updates will be posted on this forum via Neil Camera as they become available.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:07:08 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING SERIES 6 LIMITED EDITION POSTCARDS
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:25:42 AM »
Holy crap! Is this a shipment of sketches from one of the artists?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »
holy smokes.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
Due to a lost shipment, a number of Wacky Packages Series 7 Limited Edition postcard sets will be delayed shipping out. We apologize for the inconvenience and we anticipate shipping replacement sets in the next two weeks. If you prefer an immediate refund, please email storehelp@topps.com. Updates will be posted on this forum via Neil Camera as they become available.

This is probably why I haven't RECEIVED my shipping notice yet??? NEED MORE INFO??? pls advise...What exactly was LOST??

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »
Due to a lost shipment, a number of Wacky Packages Series 7 Limited Edition postcard sets will be delayed shipping out.
holy crap!!! I totally missed out on Series 6, and now I see I'm already missing out on Series 7? will the insanity never end????  :o :o :o

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »
Due to a lost shipment, a number of Wacky Packages Series 7 Limited Edition postcard sets will be delayed shipping out. We apologize for the inconvenience and we anticipate shipping replacement sets in the next two weeks. If you prefer an immediate refund, please email storehelp@topps.com. Updates will be posted on this forum via Neil Camera as they become available.

Ouch!!  Hopefully if artists need to re-do some sketches they keep to their original titles and approximate quantities.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »
The current information I have is that the shipper has begun a search for the missing items, which may also include sketch cards. I would expect it will be a few days before we get any updates from them. In the meantime, you're patience is appreciated while we wait for a status report on the missing items.

As for the people who got on the postcard 6 LE waiting list, I still plan to help fullfill as many requests as possible, but we will have to wait for some dust to settle before this can happen.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »
Ouch!!  Hopefully if artists need to re-do some sketches they keep to their original titles and approximate quantities.
why? how could that possibly matter in any way?
I really don't understand this obsession with "getting all the sketches". It should be apparent at this point that that can not happen. the artist's are going out of their way to make them all very different, and are now even making some 4-piece puzzles.
Maybe I'm just bitter as one of the folks who missed out on series 6. The problem for me is that even though these sets are limited to 300, they are really effectively limited to only 50 or 60 sets since everyone feels that they absolutely *have* to buy 5 or more

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 10:31:44 AM »
I really don't understand this obsession with "getting all the sketches". It should be apparent at this point that that can not happen. the artist's are going out of their way to make them all very different, and are now even making some 4-piece puzzles.
Maybe I'm just bitter as one of the folks who missed out on series 6. The problem for me is that even though these sets are limited to 300, they are really effectively limited to only 50 or 60 sets since everyone feels that they absolutely *have* to buy 5 or more

Yes that's true - your last statement - and yes you are BITTER - no just kidding -  :P :]

the 4-pc puzzle would just lend itself to trading or chasing on ebay, however the case may be...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 10:35:10 AM »
Yes that's true - your last statement - and yes you are BITTER - no just kidding -  :P :]

the 4-pc puzzle would just lend itself to trading or chasing on ebay, however the case may be...

2 sets just sold on ebay for $175 and $200. There is obviously a lot of value in the postcards so chasing after some of these could get expensive!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 10:39:17 AM »
2 sets just sold on ebay for $175 and $200. There is obviously a lot of value in the postcards so chasing after some of these could get expensive!

you could also exchange 'value' for 'hype' - lots of hype in this hobby...or 'WhyPe' = The HYPE component in Wacky Packages after initial release. :o

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 10:39:41 AM »
I am totally confused.  Aren't we currently on Series 6?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »
I am totally confused.  Aren't we currently on Series 6?

Dude,

Where you been Series 7 is shipping before Series 6 ( it been cancelled)  :P

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
Correct, we're on Series SIX postcards!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:42:46 AM by koduck »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 11:41:15 AM »
Did anyone here receive a shipment without first getting a "shipped" email?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »
Did anyone here receive a shipment without first getting a "shipped" email?
I received ZERO emails from Topps, no order confirmation, no shipment confirmation, nada, zilch....and my stash arrived yesterday.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »
I received ZERO emails from Topps, no order confirmation, no shipment confirmation, nada, zilch....and my stash arrived yesterday.
You're gonna rub it in also! >:D Just kidding ;)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »

For me it matters because I collect them "by title", so the little nuances don't mean anything to me, but the parody that they based off of is important to me. 

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »
For me it matters because I collect them "by title", so the little nuances don't mean anything to me, but the parody that they based off of is important to me. 

I like to try to collect 1 of each title as well.  Getting harder to do though.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »

Yup, I'm counting 9 this time around (including the combos)!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:19 AM »

What about the puzzles? Yikes!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 10:35:56 AM »

That was a nice touch. But with the postcard purchase restrictions, I wouldn't think it was actually meant for one collector to "chase". However, that doesn't mean we can't put it together digitally. Once more members get their sketches, hopefully we can complete it online.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
That was a nice touch. But with the postcard purchase restrictions, I wouldn't think it was actually meant for one collector to "chase". However, that doesn't mean we can't put it together digitally. Once more members get their sketches, hopefully we can complete it online.

Are there 'puzzle piece' sketch cards where you can't tell what it is?  I don't know that I'd particularly like that as a sketch card.  If not, and you can tell what they are, like Ernie's two Captain Moron sketches, then I'd say that the puzzles are a cool addition, and give us something else to hunt for, even just as on-line images.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
Are there 'puzzle piece' sketch cards where you can't tell what it is?  I don't know that I'd particularly like that as a sketch card.  If not, and you can tell what they are, like Ernie's two Captain Moron sketches, then I'd say that the puzzles are a cool addition, and give us something else to hunt for, even just as on-line images.

Check out the bottom right sketch that was posted in the "Puzzled" thread:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=420.msg9048#msg9048

It would still be pretty cool to own a "piece" though.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »

That throws a definite kink in the plans for me.  I will most likely NOT chase the puzzle set.  If I should get a puzzle piece and someone is interested, I would definitely trade or sell them.  I am supposed to get my shipment on Monday, but I work late that day.  I am assuming that since I ordered 5 sets that I , or my wife, will have to sign for them.   Looking forward to getting them.

eman

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »
That throws a definite kink in the plans for me.  I will most likely NOT chase the puzzle set.  If I should get a puzzle piece and someone is interested, I would definitely trade or sell them.  I am supposed to get my shipment on Monday, but I work late that day.  I am assuming that since I ordered 5 sets that I , or my wife, will have to sign for them.   Looking forward to getting them.

eman

I would have been a little bummed if I got a puzzle piece.  Knowing that getting all 4 pieces isn't that realistic I wouldn't have bothered with the rest, and therefore I'd prefer to have a sketch that showes a complete picture.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »
I would have been a little bummed if I got a puzzle piece.  Knowing that getting all 4 pieces isn't that realistic I wouldn't have bothered with the rest, and therefore I'd prefer to have a sketch that showes a complete picture.
I think this is all proving how completely arbritrary the list of variations is with these sketches.  Combos have a stand alone category but puzzle pieces won't.  I am thrilled to have a Smokin Joe that happens to be a puzzle piece that is clearly recognizable as to what it is(ie the head of Capn).  If someone ends up needing it to complete a puzzle, then I will trade it away for a sketch I need hence I will probably hold on to my other Smokin Joe sketch as I suspect ultimately, that will be my keeper for this series.

I have pretty much decided that I want one sketch per artist that did sketches for each series hence I may end up freeing up some sketchs from previous series.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 12:58:53 PM »
I gave up Saturday morning and ordered a couple more base sets so I'd at least have the new Wacky postcards, but those won't be here for another day at least.  Thanks to everyone here for the scans, so I can enjoy these vicariously.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
The UPS man pulled up to my house a minute ago and I walked outside and he handed me my box from Topps - my LE PC 6 series!  Yeah!!!!!
 :D       :D      :D
I'll just stare at the box for a few seconds before I tear into it!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 04:48:53 PM »
The UPS man pulled up to my house a minute ago and I walked outside and he handed me my box from Topps - my LE PC 6 series!  Yeah!!!!!
 :D       :D      :D
I'll just stare at the box for a few seconds before I tear into it!
Had you gotten any shipment notifications?  I don't even know whether to keep hoping for the big brown truck.........

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »
Had you gotten any shipment notifications?  I don't even know whether to keep hoping for the big brown truck.........
I did get one, soon after I ordered, estimated delivery was today.
I hope you get yours soon!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
Thanks.  I will look in the other thread for scans of the sketches you pulled, and I'm also curious about what numbers they are.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 07:04:58 PM »
I gave up Saturday morning and ordered a couple more base sets so I'd at least have the new Wacky postcards, but those won't be here for another day at least.  Thanks to everyone here for the scans, so I can enjoy these vicariously.

Here are my scans of the Series 6 Postcard set.  I received #71/300

[spoiler]http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12898871_s6DqS#931608935_xF6wi[/spoiler]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 06:37:05 AM »

Did you get a tracking # with your order confirmation?  I didn't see one on the email I got.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 12:32:21 PM »
Did you get a tracking # with your order confirmation?  I didn't see one on the email I got.
I believe I mispoke. I didn't get a tracking number until I was notified by e-mail with the subject line, Your Order Has Been Shipped!

anything