Author Topic: Wacky Packages 2015 Spoilers!  (Read 111292 times)

Offline FourRoses

Re: Wacky Packages 2015 Spoilers!
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »
This is the one I snatched from the gravity feed:

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2015, 08:17:22 PM »
This is the one I snatched from the gravity feed:

dude - super nice - nice pull!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2015, 09:44:06 PM »
I have seen Wormy and Beanball but do not have a picI can share. Beanball is the Weakies pose. Wormy has different worms. Not sure which title(s) the worms are from yet. I will know once I receive my Wormy Super Rare 5/5 in a few days and do some research.  Just learned the Milk Foam Super Rare is the Milk Foam Dog in the Grave Train pose.

Could it be from Scare Deal?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2015, 03:11:37 AM »
Could it be from Scare Deal?

That's exactly what they are from. Thanks for that. Still waiting on mine. I will post a pic when it arrives. Nice Wacky Investigative work!

You certainly know your Wacky worms.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
I received my Super Rare 5/5 Wormy Packages Logo Patch Relic Card today. I am very happy to own this card. When they did not surface on Ebay I figured the higher resale prices on these were driving non-ebay deals and I inquired around. I was able to locate this card and make an offer so now own the 3 Versions.
The Mixed Up Character Concept has been executed really well with these cards.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2015, 03:01:36 PM »
Andrew, very cool, thanks for sharing!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »
AWESOME - Thanks for sharing

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2015, 02:44:02 AM »
I received my Super Rare 5/5 Wormy Packages Logo Patch Relic Card today. I am very happy to own this card. When they did not surface on Ebay I figured the higher resale prices on these were driving non-ebay deals and I inquired around. I was able to locate this card and make an offer so now own the 3 Versions.
The Mixed Up Character Concept has been executed really well with these cards.

That's fantastic!  And I like how your superfractor is peeking in at the side :)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2015, 07:03:49 AM »
Here are the only pics I have that show all 18 Logo Patch Relic Cards. Topps did a really nice job of putting characters in poses from other titles and mixing up the characters. Sorry the images are not great but at least all the cards can be seen by everyone here now.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2015, 07:25:08 AM »
a shame those pics are blurred to the point of near uselessness

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2015, 07:33:33 AM »
DR. Deal - Could you possibly scan each one!?!?!?!!!

It may be the only chance for some of us to see the really cool cards - fronts and backs! As the backs seems to be consistent with the fixed image and the fronts are different.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2015, 07:36:15 AM »
That's all I can do. The pics at least show what the images are about. Not much detail but you can get the idea of the pose. Sorry they are not better.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
Thanks Patrick for always bringing a smile to my face  ;D
I think my vision went down a few points while trying to look at those images (sorry Andrew!)
a shame those pics are blurred to the point of near uselessness

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2015, 11:37:38 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like Andrew found the best images of those cards he could and printed them out to have a record.  I'll give him an A for effort even if the final result isn't perfect.

At least the end result is enough to see what Topps was going for in designing the cards.  It's cool to see that BeanBall and Weakies mirror each other in terms of the art!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
Just saw the 1/5 Cracked Jerk Super rare Logo Relic sell for about $280 on the bay. Pretty good deal. I think it was listed in a way that many people missed it.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2015, 03:04:32 AM »
Now that I have owned this card for a few weeks it has grown on me to the point where it is one of my favorite Wackies. Putting the Scare Deal Worms on the Wormy Packages Card improves that title 1000% in my opinion. I am very happy to have been able to acquire this card.  Now I am watching Ebay to see when another of the 5 cards surfaces. No one on this board has mentioned they own of the other 4 cards.

Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2015, 03:08:29 AM »
I purchased a Red Ludlow from this series and received it yesterday. Very cool to have four different color Ludlow Backs in the same series. It would be sweet to
have the same title in all four color ludlow backs but I did not go there.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2015, 10:09:12 AM »
Just saw the 1/5 Cracked Jerk Super rare Logo Relic sell for about $280 on the bay. Pretty good deal. I think it was listed in a way that many people missed it.

Here's one more you might have missed ;) ...

Ladies and Gents, I give you the WORLD'S FIRST "RELIC" SKETCH CARD! The red "Wormy Packages" logo is real fabric! 

Neil

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 04:50:51 PM by koduck »

Offline Chenduz

• Facebook
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2015, 10:17:54 AM »
That is a next-level-fabric-sketch-card Neil! Just when you thought things couldn't get any cooler.....well it just did!! My compliments SIR!!  8)

Here's one more you might have missed ;) ...

Ladies and Gents, I give you the WORLD'S FIRST "RELIC" SKETCH CARD! The red "Wormy Packages" logo is real fabric!  Now accepting all ludicrous offers before I resort to ebay! Just send me a PM...

Neil

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »
Double Full House of Hello Kidney variations
one of my favorite cards from this series

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »
Sweet grouping!  Thanks for sharing.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2015, 04:43:44 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I see your double full house and....

... raise a foil card

As we are both shot dead for having way too many cards in our poker hands.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:24:43 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2015, 04:57:19 PM »
Patrick and Scot you guys are too cool!  Double Full Houses by two of the finest artists working in Wackys today, Fred Wheaton and Smokin' Joe McWilliams!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »
Patrick and Scot you guys are too cool!  Double Full Houses by two of the finest artists working in Wackys today, Fred Wheaton and Smokin' Joe McWilliams!

Still a work in progress though. Have wacky back, black ludlow and blue ludlow backs of BUNIONS but still looking for red and green backs. I missed the Topps blank back that sold about 2 weeks ago  :sad:

I originally started on a run of another Smokin' Joe title, DUBBLE BOBBLE, but switched gears when I happened to get more than a few BUNIONS from packs from Walmart. If anyone needs a jump start on a run let me know.  (gold, silver borders; wacky back, green ludlow, pencil and artist autogragh cards all of DUBBLE BOBBLE).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:22:59 PM by sco(o)t »

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »

Nifty!

I don't know why, but Topps used my first rough sketch--submitted when I first pitched the idea--for the pencil card, rather than using the tighter pencil drawing that I did later.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2015, 12:19:49 AM »
Nifty!

I don't know why, but Topps used my first rough sketch--submitted when I first pitched the idea--for the pencil card, rather than using the tighter pencil drawing that I did later.

Fred, I know the same thing happened on Meme and on Explo, Topps used my original rough!

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2015, 06:48:47 AM »
Nifty!

yeah, it really stood out for me that the eyes were different when I put all cards side by side.  I then realized the B&W must be a rough version, it's so noticeably different. Having cards like this is really cool.
I think many though, are a photoshop gimmick to make 'penciled' versions of the final art, but for quite a few they are clearly the rough versions. Making them truly unique cards.
I think that's a first right? the pencils in the last two series were all just b&w versions of the cards and there were no roughs?

I spotted one card where the rough is actually a different name/title than the final - Cuttereye vs Cutterbye. Less violent, perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:59:46 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2015, 07:11:27 AM »
yeah, it really stood out for me that the eyes were different when I put all cards side by side.  I then realized the B&W must be a rough version, it's so noticeably different. Having cards like this is really cool.
I think many though, are a photoshop gimmick to make 'penciled' versions of the final art, but for quite a few they are clearly the rough versions. Making them truly unique cards.
I think that's a first right? the pencils in the last two series were all just b&w versions of the cards and there were no roughs?

I spotted one card where the rough is actually a different name/title than the final - Cuttereye vs Cutterbye. Less violent, perhaps?

The BUNION pencil is slightly different as well. Most noticeably, the eye of the center bunion looking in a different direction.

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2015, 07:53:07 AM »
... raise a foil card

can't 'see' your foil card, but I'll put in my 'pair' of  foil wrappers...

and we both get the Retail box top, which is pretty cool.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2015, 08:32:34 AM »
can't 'see' your foil card, but I'll put in my 'pair' of  foil wrappers...

and we both get the Retail box top, which is pretty cool.

Does this allow me to double down?   :D

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »

Patrick, you are the Sherlock Holmes of Wackys!  Yes CutterEye/Cutterbye was my gag and Brent Engstrom (who did the awesome painting) told me after he submitted his pencil, Topps changed it to 'bye.'  Of course that matches the original product better (FlutterBye) and since we aren't actually seeing an eye get cut is more accurate to the illustration.  Here's my original rough:

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
and since we aren't actually seeing an eye get cut 

errrr, "Un Chien Andalou" anyone? >(

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2015, 09:28:14 AM »
I think that's a first right? the pencils in the last two series, were all just b&w versions of the cards and there were no roughs

Patrick, yes, you are correct, this series "Pencils" are a first!  As you know, there are three steps to doing a Wacky, a rough, then a cleaned up, tight pencil (which needs to be approved by Topps) and then a painting.  The cases in which the roughs vary most from the pencils is when the artist who did the rough isn't doing the final illustration.  So in the last two sets the pencils were all the actual tightened up drawings sent to Topps for approval.  This time around it seems to be a mixed bag with some being roughs, some being pencils and some seem to be just B&W images of the final illustration.  As Fred said, not sure why it was done that way.

As you can see my Explo rough is really rough!  I started to use digital images to try to speed up the process of submitting gags to Topps.  If they liked something and had notes then I'd take the time to start cleaning it up.  With Explo there are a ton of refinements between the rough and final painting.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:58:32 AM by Joe G. »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #243 on: July 14, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »

Nice jobs, Patrick and Scot!  I thought of doing that with Quits, but simply haven't picked up any of the harder versions and didn't want to buy them all on ebay.

However, I think one thing is missing from both of your collections.  Do you have an unopened "see through/clear" pack with your respective stickers on top?  I do have one with Hello Kidney if you need it, Patrick.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »
errrr, "Un Chien Andalou" anyone? >(
Hurrah for the Dadaists!

anything