Author Topic: Postcard series 6 sketches  (Read 15337 times)

Offline Kook

Postcard series 6 sketches
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
Anyone who has any extra series 6 postcard sketches they'd like to sell, please e-mail me bill@fusionpointtech.com with a scan & price. Thanks,
Bill

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Re: Postcard series 6 sketches
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »
I would also be interested in series 6, 4, and 1 sketch cards for sale if bill doesn't buy them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:20:46 AM by Campy »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:49:52 AM »
Ditto here, have tons of stuff to trade or will buy.  bandaches@yahoo.com
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »
What is a fair value for the sketches? I know it depends on the sketch. I would imagine most will sell for $100+ on ebay. I am not sure about the puzzles though.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »
What is a fair value for the sketches? I know it depends on the sketch. I would imagine most will sell for $100+ on ebay. I am not sure about the puzzles though.
Who can possibly know fair value at this time?  Series 2-4 sketches barely fetch $30 each now that the buzz for those sets has settled down.  I am not a panic buyer so I will refrain from spending over $100 for sketches.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 01:59:26 PM »
Who can possibly know fair value at this time?  Series 2-4 sketches barely fetch $30 each now that the buzz for those sets has settled down.  I am not a panic buyer so I will refrain from spending over $100 for sketches.

I am testing the waters a bit. I really like this combo sketch but if I get the price I am asking how can I pass it up?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230497371418

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 09:56:55 AM »
Here is a series 4 that went pretty high

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-4-POSTCARDS-SKETCH-CARD-7PUP-/360278196946

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-4-POSTCARDS-SKETCH-CARD-7PUP-/360278196946
Nothing personal, but that sketch does absoloutly nothing for me...Just my silly opinion.
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:43:57 AM »
Nothing personal, but that sketch does absoloutly nothing for me...Just my silly opinion.

I love both Lice and H8, and I think that combo sketch is very cool. Funny how the louse is chasing the tomato for a "drink" :)  The $299 seems a bit "out there", but who knows. LE sets with sketch are going for $225, so it may not be too far off.

Doesn't anyone run the spell check before they post anymore? Seems every time I quote a post lately, it snags within the quote  :^)

Edit: Oops, I just realized Ron that you were talking about the 7-Pup sketch, not the Lice/H8 combo.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:56:11 AM by Duznt »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
I love both Lice and H8, and I think that combo sketch is very cool. Funny how the louse is chasing the tomato for a "drink" :)  The $299 seems a bit "out there", but who knows. LE sets with sketch are going for $225, so it may not be too far off.

Doesn't anyone run the spell check before they post anymore? Seems every time I quote a post lately, it snags within the quote  :^)

I sold it to one of the forum members. Your right though that the LE sets are selling for $225 and the buyer doesn't know what sketch they will get. Your $200 investment in the LE's could produce $900 in pocket change ;)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 10:57:10 AM »
I sold it to one of the forum members. Your right though that the LE sets are selling for $225 and the buyer doesn't know what sketch they will get. Your $200 investment in the LE's could produce $900 in pocket change ;)

Just curious if you got the $299 you were asking?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
Just curious if you got the $299 you were asking?

$250

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

The sketches I really liked for series 5 sold for less than the ones I didn't care for too much.  I would have been totally wrong figuring value based on the art/sketch.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »

Insanely high, I happen to need that sketch so I bid on it but as I said, I won't chase these in the $100s.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 09:41:40 PM »
Who can possibly know fair value at this time?  Series 2-4 sketches barely fetch $30 each now that the buzz for those sets has settled down.  I am not a panic buyer so I will refrain from spending over $100 for sketches.
I know you said 1-4 but you just made a haul on a colored logo sketch. I think the market is wide open. Keep in mind these newer sketches have a lot more character than the first few series. You can say what you want but these are commanding a high price!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:43:28 PM by BumChex »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 07:04:32 AM »
I know you said 1-4 but you just made a haul on a colored logo sketch. I think the market is wide open. Keep in mind these newer sketches have a lot more character than the first few series. You can say what you want but these are commanding a high price!
No, the market is not wide open, the pattern is EXACTLY the same.  The H8 that sold for like $280 a few weeks ago and my Wander color were both Leslie being involved in the price going to super high levels and in each case, it one other person trying to get the piece not 8-10 buyers all bidding at those levels.

All of this while Leslie is supposedly selling her color sketches and needing to raise money.

Offline Kook

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 07:32:36 AM »
A series 4 7 pup just went for about $170 on ebay a few weeks ago too, didn't it? That was about $100 more than I expected. They weren't selling for that much when they first came out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:36:28 AM by billf »

Offline Kook

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 07:35:22 AM »
I also noticed 2 series 6 sketches didn't open at $125 & $150 this past week (for sketch, coa & wrapper). I couldn't tell if they expired, or might have been pulled for an off ebay deal. Is pc6 sketch fever dying down, or are people waiting for the release of the 2nd half of the series?

Offline Kook

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 07:50:45 AM »
No, the market is not wide open, the pattern is EXACTLY the same.  The H8 that sold for like $280 a few weeks ago and my Wander color were both Leslie being involved in the price going to super high levels and in each case, it one other person trying to get the piece not 8-10 buyers all bidding at those levels.

All of this while Leslie is supposedly selling her color sketches and needing to raise money.
I don't know how you can get any kind of steady market value with these items. The supply is so low, and with each release, new collectors come in & try to backfill from a non-existent supply. If a completist wants a sketch they are missing, there will be spikes in the market whether Leslie bids up something, or someone just puts an astronomical "Buy It Now" option. If the completist is away, not paying attention that week or hasn't joined the market until the next postcard series release because they haven't become aware, there will be lulls and things will go cheap to a bottom fisher that is always watching. Which one is true market value?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 08:29:46 AM »
I don't know how you can get any kind of steady market value with these items. The supply is so low, and with each release, new collectors come in & try to backfill from a non-existent supply. If a completist wants a sketch they are missing, there will be spikes in the market whether Leslie bids up something, or someone just puts an astronomical "Buy It Now" option. If the completist is away, not paying attention that week or hasn't joined the market until the next postcard series release because they haven't become aware, there will be lulls and things will go cheap to a bottom fisher that is always watching. Which one is true market value?

It is hard to tell because it only takes one or two serious collectors to have a BIG impact on sell prices. 

Offline bandaches

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 08:38:17 AM »
Bum Chex has repeatedly been fanning the fires on high prices and declared these sketches COMMAND a high price.  I repeatedly show examples of well over 80% of the super high prices being due to Leslie.  I am not sure what the point of showing one or two exceptions is, of course there will be exceptions.  Could the climate change going forward as more and more folks find out how cool these sketches are and then try to back fill, seems highly likely but to declare that so far, the sketches are wide open to commanding high prices is inaccurate in my mind as again, Leslie(and sometimes Marc) significantly contributed to that.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
Some sketches will command a higher price. You even bought a sketch for $250. So are you contributing to the over inflated prices? It hasn't been just Leslie and Marc buying these. I don't think it was either of them that won the $280 h8.
I would rather not see these prices get this high because I would like to get them in my collection just like the next guy but this is something we have to live with now. Wait until those sketches Neil drew get on ebay.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
Some sketches will command a higher price. You even bought a sketch for $250. So are you contributing to the over inflated prices? It hasn't been just Leslie and Marc buying these. I don't think it was either of them that won the $280 h8.
I would rather not see these prices get this high because I would like to get them in my collection just like the next guy but this is something we have to live with now. Wait until those sketches Neil drew get on ebay.
If I am fortunate enough to pull one of those replacement sketch beauties that Neil posted, I doubt I'll part with it.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 05:46:58 PM »

Are you going for a certain category like one per title with the sketches or just getting what you can? 

Offline bandaches

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »
I never said there weren't minor contributors.  I also stated that the $250 for my Philly Runt was over the top but was a special occassion as my wife got it for me for my birthday.  Quite simply, are you somehow denying that Leslie is responsible for a large majority of the really high priced auctions???  I can't quite figure out what your point is now.  BTW - Leslie was absolutely a main reason for the $280 H8, it just happend that someone got sick of her winning everything and outbid her but she was the 2nd high bid so yet again.....Leslie was a key ingredient in an incredibly high priced non-BIN auction.  If Leslie decide she is interested in Neil's sketches, they will all go for several hundred $$ easily, if not, I don't think they will.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 08:30:09 AM »
Some interesting developments around auctions that Leslie bids, I received one message before and two messages after the auction ended from people who said they did NOT plan to bid on my Wanderbread auction because they saw Leslie was lead bidder right away.  This suggests that in some cases, her bidding holds prices DOWN if she is scaring bidders off. 

I find this strategy of folks who say they won't bid because of fear of losing to be unfortunate(and really makes no sense) and hurts our ability to figure out fair market value.  Maybe this is part of her strategy in bidding high very early instead of sniping?  I could never understand why she exposes herself by bidding so early.  I know folks used to run up Mickanddadcollectibles and one other woman(an ex glutton whose name elludes me) for the sport of it.

So, I will back peddle a bit and say yes, wild times are ahead of us but I will still maintain that it is one or two bidders who are dictating this so it is not as open as we would normally hope.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »
If I am fortunate enough to pull one of those replacement sketch beauties that Neil posted, I doubt I'll part with it.
can you upload some scans?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 09:49:24 AM »
Are you going for a certain category like one per title with the sketches or just getting what you can?
not really, just going for the ones I like.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »
I don't think a fair market value can really be cut and dry. I believe these are considered art and will go at various prices. It all depends on the sketch and what people are willing
To pay.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
Some interesting developments around auctions that Leslie bids, I received one message before and two messages after the auction ended from people who said they did NOT plan to bid on my Wanderbread auction because they saw Leslie was lead bidder right away.  This suggests that in some cases, her bidding holds prices DOWN if she is scaring bidders off. 

Reminds me when I first got back in the hobby and it seemed like Kirk Daniels was winning everything significant.  He would bid early to "mark his territory" and I got to the point where I wouldn't bid knowing I would lose.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 02:26:40 AM »
Reminds me when I first got back in the hobby and it seemed like Kirk Daniels was winning everything significant.  He would bid early to "mark his territory" and I got to the point where I wouldn't bid knowing I would lose.
Back when I first started using ebay back in 1999, there was one guy that kept winning, and I gave up bidding against him.  Think I wound up buying from him instead - can't remember his last name, think his first name was Robert, and his ebay ID had something like horizon in it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:16:44 AM by RawGoo »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 07:46:17 AM »
Back when I first started using ebay back in 1999, there was one guy that kept winning, and I gave up bidding against him.  Think I wound up buying from him instead - can't remember his last name, think his first name was Robert, and his ebay ID had something like horizon in it.
This guy was preparing for the end of the world, he was buying all sorts of guns and ammo too and then he disappeared from the wacky scene.

anything