Author Topic: Original Jack Stinks painting for sale  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Sam Gambino

• www.samgambino.com
Original Jack Stinks painting for sale
« on: May 19, 2015, 05:29:59 PM »
I just listed my original Jack Links/Jack Stinks painting which Topps used to make the actual 2013 Series 10 Wacky Packages​ sticker card.  I painted it using gloss enamel on quarter inch thick composite board.  This painting has a story - I contacted the folks at Jack Links to see if they were interested in owning the original, but they weren't interested.  Too irreverent maybe?   I think that irreverence is what makes Wacky Packages so good! Anyhow, the ebay link is here - Thanks for looking! 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WACKY-PACKAGES-2013-Series-10-Jack-Stinks-ORIGINAL-Art-PAINTING-Sam-Gambino-/111675404611?hash=item1a005f7143
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:50:56 AM by Sam Gambino »

Offline Joe G.

Re: Original Jack Stinks painting for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
Sam, well I'm sure if anyone at Jack Links had collected Wackys as a kid, they would have jumped at the chance.  It's a super painting and a fun gag.  I have no idea how you can paint so finely using enamel.  The last time I used enamel was as a kid painting Aurora monster models and they always looked terrible.

Offline Sam Gambino

• www.samgambino.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »
Thank you for your kind words, Joe!  I always appreciate that.  I'm pretty used to lettering enamel which is all I've used for 28 years (as a sign painter) until recently.  The last few paintings though, I've been using some acrylic for the characters and enamel for the lettering.  When I'm in a time crunch, I find that acrylic is quicker with easier cleanup, taking less time to dry too. 

Offline Sam Gambino

• www.samgambino.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 06:08:11 AM »
Definitely too, about collecting Wackys as a kid, Joe.  Irreverence and un-political correctness is what makes them so good!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:21:21 AM by Sam Gambino »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 06:32:28 AM »
Let me add to the kudos on your incredible attention to detail and the overall skill
here with this painting, and actually all your others.  You do a great job, and
this is no exception.

Offline Sam Gambino

• www.samgambino.com
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 07:20:21 AM »
Thanks so much, Zenergizer!  I really appreciate your kind words!  Painting these are some of my favorite projects to do as an artist.  I'm glad that you like them.

Offline Sam Gambino

• www.samgambino.com
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:00 AM »
If anyone from the forum buys this, please tell me when you pay that you are from the forum, and I'll include a signed Wacky Package card of this design.  PLEASE REMIND ME TO INCLUDE SIGNED CARD VIA EMAIL AT sam@samgambino.com.  Otherwise, being an old guy (46 years old), I'll forget.  I didn't offer this in the ebay listing...

anything