Author Topic: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!  (Read 197655 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2016, 03:32:58 AM »
The aliens have started arriving in mail boxes. People are beginning to post pictures of their bounty on Facebook. Printing plates are starting to show up on the bay. This is a fun time as the Alien Invasion has begun. Its not every day ones receives cards in the mail infused with Dinosaur DNA and Martian Meteorite! Thanks Topps.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2016, 07:40:41 AM »
Too true!  Adam Levine hit it out of the park with this one and we should all be thankful!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2016, 09:17:10 AM »
Cool! Does this mean the Attacky Packages bonus card sets are also being shipped out?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »
Cool! Does this mean the Attacky Packages bonus card sets are also being shipped out?

Well, about that... here is an excerpt from today's Kickstarter update and note the part in red:

After reviewing the 134 updates, and almost 1400 comments, we have come up with a list of the various items that will be included in each package sent to backers who selected a physical reward.
 cards for all physical backers cards for all physical backers

3 Variants of the P1 Philly Non Sports Card Show promo
1 Promo card distributed in the Non-Sport Update Magazine
1 "The Armageddon Directive" card
2 IDW promo cards
1 P3 Promo
1 GPK crossover card
1 Attacky Packages card
1 printing plate
9 Attacky Packages subset
3 Attacky Packages "old school" subset cards
A total of 23 items!

Every printing plate will be unique, the one shown in the photograph is an example.

The first 76 shipments to backers were sent out lacking the 12 Attacky Packages subset cards. A second shipment of the cards that were omitted will be sent to those backers.

Note: only the first 250 backers (chronological) will receive a game card from Steve Jackson Games.
Heart red3x 3134f4a39cd7f811af060f497e853898881055b8524f3b5d8bc8bad4e7725de3 Like
Comment on Kickstarter

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »
Well, about that... here is an excerpt from today's Kickstarter update and note the part in red:

After reviewing the 134 updates, and almost 1400 comments, we have come up with a list of the various items that will be included in each package sent to backers who selected a physical reward.
 cards for all physical backers cards for all physical backers

3 Variants of the P1 Philly Non Sports Card Show promo
1 Promo card distributed in the Non-Sport Update Magazine
1 "The Armageddon Directive" card
2 IDW promo cards
1 P3 Promo
1 GPK crossover card
1 Attacky Packages card
1 printing plate
9 Attacky Packages subset
3 Attacky Packages "old school" subset cards
A total of 23 items!

Every printing plate will be unique, the one shown in the photograph is an example.

The first 76 shipments to backers were sent out lacking the 12 Attacky Packages subset cards. A second shipment of the cards that were omitted will be sent to those backers.

Note: only the first 250 backers (chronological) will receive a game card from Steve Jackson Games.
Heart red3x 3134f4a39cd7f811af060f497e853898881055b8524f3b5d8bc8bad4e7725de3 Like
Comment on Kickstarter

Hmmmm....I wonder how you can tell what number you are as far as being a backer? A

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »
Hmmmm....I wonder how you can tell what number you are as far as being a backer? A
if you go to Kickstarter, sign in and then go to the ME drop down in the top right. Look at the 'Backed Projects' and click the one you're interested in. Click the Blue button that says View Pledge.
Or click 'Backed Projects' under My Stuff and then the Blue plus sign off to the right.
Your number is listed in that info.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:04:29 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2016, 04:00:40 AM »
People are complaining on the KS site about receiving incomplete orders.  I think everyone needs to consider the magnitude of their task over there with a very small staff. They have stated orders missing cards will be made whole. The team needs to be given credit for trying very hard to make everyone happy and deliver on their commitments.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2016, 04:51:17 AM »
I would have loved to donate my time and help these guys put sets together! It would have been fun!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »
if you go to Kickstarter, sign in and then go to the ME drop down in the top right. Look at the 'Backed Projects' and click the one you're interested in. Click the Blue button that says View Pledge.
Or click 'Backed Projects' under My Stuff and then the Blue plus sign off to the right.
Your number is listed in that info.

Thanks, I'll do that! I think however, that my number is nearer to 350 - I looked at a sheet I printed out during the campaign and it noted that there were over 300 people who supported the project and I may have joined after that - A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2016, 07:23:24 AM »
Just checked and I'm #333.  So, no game card for me.  I found this in an update from May 5, 2015:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:59:45 AM by RawGoo »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2016, 05:49:25 AM »
I am 357

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2016, 09:21:41 AM »
Thank Adam Levine. He's overseeing the MAO release and was instrumental in moving this set forward.

Neil,

Considering how much of a key player Adam Levine has been in the MAO Kickstarter, and the Attacky Packages set, what's the deal with him apparently "no longer being employed by Topps"?

Just saw this on the comments thread of the Kickstarter campaign.... from yesterday, at the end of a response by Topps:

"Please note Adam Levine is no longer with Topps."
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2016, 09:40:51 AM »
Thanks, I'll do that! I think however, that my number is nearer to 350 - I looked at a sheet I printed out during the campaign and it noted that there were over 300 people who supported the project and I may have joined after that - A

I'm 552......A

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
Neil,

Considering how much of a key player Adam Levine has been in the MAO Kickstarter, and the Attacky Packages set, what's the deal with him apparently "no longer being employed by Topps"?

Just saw this on the comments thread of the Kickstarter campaign.... from yesterday, at the end of a response by Topps:

"Please note Adam Levine is no longer with Topps."

It's all good!

On a related note, here's another pic he posted of the Attacky Packages set and promo cards!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:00:11 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »
It's all good!

On a related note, here's another pic he posted of the Attacky Packages set and promo cards!

Looking forward to getting the Attacky Packages set!

Offline drono

« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »
I'd be curious to know how many of you backed Mars Attacks simply because of the Wacky Packages promo.  I know that I did.  I have no real interest in Mars Attacks.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »
I am a Mars Attacks Fan, however it was nice to get some Wacky and GPK mash ups.  Also the Judge Dredd  Cards will be cool.  Not sure on the Dinosaur Attacks cards, however I am willing to look them over.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2016, 03:40:51 AM »
I'd be curious to know how many of you backed Mars Attacks simply because of the Wacky Packages promo.  I know that I did.  I have no real interest in Mars Attacks.

I would have backed it anyway.  But the promo and the possibility of pulling one of Neil's sketches got me so very enthusiastic that I spent more than I might have.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2016, 03:45:32 AM »
I got into the MA cards because of the Saunders link. I backed the project because I like MA. I went for a higher end bundle mainly due to the alternate binder. Getting all the Wacky Cards including a foil set of them was like a dream come true.  Topps really delivered much more than they promised on this project!  I hope it will lead to Old School on Kickstarter. I certainly know I voiced many requests during the MA campaign for Old School to be next.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2016, 08:26:04 AM »
I got in early because I'm a fan of Mars Attacks.  Attacky Packages is awesome but it didn't affect how I pledged.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2016, 09:18:34 AM »
I would have backed it anyway.  But the promo and the possibility of pulling one of Neil's sketches got me so very enthusiastic that I spent more than I might have.

Pulling a Neil C sketch drew me in - A

Offline drono

« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2016, 07:39:36 PM »
I got my shipping confirmation from MA KS today.

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »
I got my shipping confirmation from MA KS today.
same here! should receive them in not too long.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2016, 01:57:35 AM »
According to the Kickstarter update yesterday, they plan to begin shipping "complex" orders next week.  So, it looks like I'll be waiting a bit yet.

For all of you waiting on me for Attacky Packages, I've got the bubble envelopes addressed and ready to go.

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2016, 10:21:43 AM »
unboxing has begun!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:02:26 AM by RawGoo »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »
unboxing has begun!

(Image removed from quote.)

So cool to see that pic. Thanks for posting. Please share more pics.  Does the binder come with an exclusive card?

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »
So cool to see that pic. Thanks for posting. Please share more pics.  Does the binder come with an exclusive card?
it came with an unopened box!
lol.
At first I thought they got my order wrong, but the box I bought was tucked inside. Great way to pack it.
no, I don't believe the standard binder has an exclusive.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »
I take it you had a straightforward order without any special packs?

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
I take it you had a straightforward order without any special packs?
yep, simple order -  Destroying a Dog (basic Master) + 1 Hobby box

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2016, 05:30:24 AM »
I am wondering what the demand for the foil variant MA/WP Mashups will be? With about 40 people receiving full sets of these I doubt too many full sets will be resold as they will be kept by hardcore MA collectors since they are a real part of the set. That will translate into most people having to assemble a set piecemeal. Am I correct to say the set will be 12 cards (9 cards with puzzle backs and 3 old school cards) Is the Attacky Packages card going to come in a foil variant too?
I will be keeping my set; but wonder if many WP collectors will care too much about these variants since they can pick up the regular versions of these cards and have the images.

Andrew

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2016, 09:35:29 AM »
Can anyone estimate the number of complete metal base sets of MAO? I didn't go the distance to order the deluxe package that includes a set because the extra $600 or so seemed so steep. I know the most expensive package contained a full set, but you could also conceivably pull a full set from packs and boxes too.
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »
I am wondering what the demand for the foil variant MA/WP Mashups will be? With about 40 people receiving full sets of these I doubt too many full sets will be resold as they will be kept by hardcore MA collectors since they are a real part of the set. That will translate into most people having to assemble a set piecemeal. Am I correct to say the set will be 12 cards (9 cards with puzzle backs and 3 old school cards) Is the Attacky Packages card going to come in a foil variant too?
I will be keeping my set; but wonder if many WP collectors will care too much about these variants since they can pick up the regular versions of these cards and have the images.

Andrew

My understanding from the updates is that the regular Attacky Packages promo card, plus the 9 with the puzzle backs, will be produced as foils because they were placed for printing on the main sheet that was also used for foils.  The last three "Old School" cards seem to have been produced separately, and I will be (pleasantly) surprised if they are also included as foils.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: May 09, 2016, 12:34:11 PM »
Can anyone estimate the number of complete metal base sets of MAO? I didn't go the distance to order the deluxe package that includes a set because the extra $600 or so seemed so steep. I know the most expensive package contained a full set, but you could also conceivably pull a full set from packs and boxes too.
A

Back in August, Topps estimated that 35 metal sets of 55 cards would be produced.  It looks like about 24 people pledged for levels that would include complete metal sets.  So, maybe there will be 11 or so sets, equivalent to 605 metal cards, inserted as hits in packs?  A daunting task indeed.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2016, 11:45:47 AM »
Some of the Wacky Mars outakes that didn't make the set.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:05:02 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2016, 12:38:38 PM »
Some of the Wacky Mars outakes that didn't make the set.

WOW!!! Spectacular!!! Good to see them all in one place!!! Any of these in the MAO paks? Or are they all artists returns?
I'm still drooling....!!!
A

anything