Author Topic: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!  (Read 197687 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2016, 03:35:13 AM »
You're killing me. Here's hoping for an opportunity down the road for the rest of us to get a set of Attacky Packages.

I wonder if down the road this subset will be referred to as "Attacky Packages"?  You just used that name ; even though that is only the name of one card in the set.

Pretty good idea if you ask me.  I can't recall a better cross promotion for Wackies ever!  So cool to see Topps act on the suggestion to make Neil's sketches into cards.  With all the misses from Topps in the last year or so...This Kickstarter has made it all OK IMO.

Andrew

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2016, 07:52:57 AM »
Just announced...

Kickstarter

"Attacky Packages" Bonus Set Update
Posted by The Topps Company
Quick update with some good news.
We've done the homework and realized that for collation and packing it's just simpler and easier to treat all 10 of the "Attacky Packages" cards as one item, rather than two: as the initial mashup and the 9-card bonus set.
What this means is that EVERY physical order has been automatically upgraded to receive all 10 of these cards.
It ALSO means that if you paid to receive any ADDITIONAL copies of the mashup card (as per the $5 add-on) we'll be giving you the full set of 10 for each copy you ordered.
So if you paid for 5 Wacky Promos, for example, you'll also get 5 sets of the 9-card bonus set! 
-Topps
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline drono

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2016, 08:08:58 AM »
That is great news for Wacky Package collectors, and it means there should be plenty available for anyone who missed them.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »
I was waiting for news like this. With the 9 cards and the promo card on the same printing sheet, they'd be throwing away a lot of 9 card sets otherwise.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2016, 09:48:25 AM »
I was waiting for news like this. With the 9 cards and the promo card on the same printing sheet, they'd be throwing away a lot of 9 card sets otherwise.

That was exactly what I had been thinking.  I ordered extras to help people out here, and anyone who asked me for the original promo will now get all 10.  Anyone still not covered, shoot me a PM and I'll add you to my list, first come first served until I run out.

I haven't been this happy with Topps in a LONG time!   :great: :great:

Offline cardnut

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
PM Sent RawGoo.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2016, 02:23:18 PM »
PM sent. Thanks!!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2016, 07:52:33 AM »
Another piece of information concerning the "Wacky Attack" cards...

From Kickstarter Project Update #123...

"For now, here is a look at the foil sheet, and as you can see there will be foil versions of the Dinosaurs Attack and Wacky Packages cards, something we hadn't originally planned for. Complete sets of the DA and WP foils will automatically be added to anyone at the $700 and $1350 reward levels.  Once we determine how many remain after that we will begin considering options for how to distribute the remainder.   They will either be added to the pool of foil cards in packs, or given in sets at specific levels.  "

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2016, 09:51:21 AM »

"For now, here is a look at the foil sheet, and as you can see there will be foil versions of the Dinosaurs Attack and Wacky Packages cards, something we hadn't originally planned for. Complete sets of the DA and WP foils will automatically be added to anyone at the $700 and $1350 reward levels.  Once we determine how many remain after that we will begin considering options for how to distribute the remainder.   They will either be added to the pool of foil cards in packs, or given in sets at specific levels.  "

Do you all think that the sheet contains a complete set of DA foils and MA foils? Or is there more, considering how large the set of MA will be?
Good to know that some of us will be getting the Wacky set in foils and am wondering how many sets in total will be printed. Trying to figure
that out, but that will depend on the MA sets....
A

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2016, 10:20:46 AM »
Do you all think that the sheet contains a complete set of DA foils and MA foils? Or is there more, considering how large the set of MA will be?
Good to know that some of us will be getting the Wacky set in foils and am wondering how many sets in total will be printed. Trying to figure
that out, but that will depend on the MA sets....
A

You can tell from the picture that, at least, all 10 of the Wacky titles are on the foil sheet. I can't make out enough detail here at work to see whether there is a full DA foil set, but I would suspect so. As you indicated, there should be a foil DA and foil WA set for each foil MA base set printed.  It sounds like the extras will most likely be placed into packs.

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2016, 10:32:07 AM »
Yes. 10 X 10 sheet, so 100 cards.
81 base cards and 6 DA + 10 wackys fills it up w/ 3 left over.
But it does look like there are 3 cards in the old format filling those spots
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:35:58 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2016, 11:05:10 AM »
Yes. 10 X 10 sheet, so 100 cards.
81 base cards and 6 DA + 10 wackys fills it up w/ 3 left over.
But it does look like there are 3 cards in the old format filling those spots

Good assessment! I was thinking 9x10 = 90 cards, didn't see the 10th column/row....
A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »

Learning that there will be foil Wackys is great news. Makes me even happier I sprung for a high end bundle. Now I can tell my wife our funds were well spent.  ;)

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
I would agree.  It's pretty cool that if you went heavy into this set that you get some extra-special bonuses.  They're definitely delivering the goods on this one. 

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #119 on: February 29, 2016, 03:55:34 AM »
Hopefully when the Attacky Packages sets start to sell for good money on the aftermarket;  Topps will start to feel that Old School on Kickstarter makes sense.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2016, 03:46:56 AM »
I have been thinking about the Foil Attacky Packages sets. They will ship about forty of these sets to those who purchased the $700 and $1350 bundles. They are not sure how the rest of the printed foil Attacky Packages will be distributed. That will make these sets pretty rare. Not sure how many will be resold as most high end buyers will only receive one set. I know I will be keeping mine. Maybe some MA Fans that don't care about WP will sell their sets; but won't they keep them because they are part of the MA set? Will the fact that the basic Attacky Packages set will be available at decent prices due to it being included with the promo card make the foil sets less sought after since they are only a variant set and not a unique image set? I guess the foil set really mostly appeal to MA and WP collectors who want everything released.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2016, 04:51:18 AM »
I have been thinking about the Foil Attacky Packages sets. They will ship about forty of these sets to those who purchased the $700 and $1350 bundles. They are not sure how the rest of the printed foil Attacky Packages will be distributed. That will make these sets pretty rare. Not sure how many will be resold as most high end buyers will only receive one set. I know I will be keeping mine. Maybe some MA Fans that don't care about WP will sell their sets; but won't they keep them because they are part of the MA set? Will the fact that the basic Attacky Packages set will be available at decent prices due to it being included with the promo card make the foil sets less sought after since they are only a variant set and not a unique image set? I guess the foil set really mostly appeal to MA and WP collectors who want everything released.

I'll certainly be keeping my foil set, and I figure anyone else who ponied up for the high level pledges will want to keep whatever is included as a part of the overall release, whether or not they are Wacky collectors.  If Topps ends up distributing the extras as inserts in packs, we'll probably see singles for sale, and dealers who bought mass quantities to break cases could possibly build extra sets.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2016, 09:34:55 AM »
From Adam Levine at the printer:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:36:39 AM by RawGoo »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2016, 10:21:13 AM »
From Adam Levine at the printer:

Looking so good!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:37:02 AM by RawGoo »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2016, 10:54:43 AM »
Looking so good!!

Hmmm, I would expect the pile for each of the "Wacky Attack" cards to be the same size.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2016, 11:03:57 AM »
Scot,
Can you say SHORT PRINT?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2016, 11:24:45 AM »
Hmmm, I would expect the pile for each of the "Wacky Attack" cards to be the same size.

Pretty sure that's an "in-progress" shot.  I suspect that the cutting happens and somehow the cards get mixed up after that, leading to the need for this hand-collation to occur. 

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2016, 11:34:05 AM »
Pretty sure that's an "in-progress" shot.  I suspect that the cutting happens and somehow the cards get mixed up after that, leading to the need for this hand-collation to occur.

Just figured that since all the Wackys were on one sheet, they would be cutting about the same number of each. But I certainly don't know the process they are using. 

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »
Just figured that since all the Wackys were on one sheet, they would be cutting about the same number of each. But I certainly don't know the process they are using.

They are cutting the same number of each.  But when that sheet is cut, it is likely part of a stack, and then whatever process takes those hundreds and hundreds of cards and delivers them to someone for collation.  They then have to sort out the Attacky Pack ones from the others, and then collate out each into the system shown. 

I'm just assuming there are steps we are not considering that lead to this shot, other than there being "short prints".  It's been made pretty clear that there are not, and that these are coming out in complete sets.  They just aren't coming directly out of the printer/cutter in complete set form and need to be brought together by a process and by hand. 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2016, 04:07:44 PM »
AWESOME!!!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2016, 03:29:13 AM »
I'm eagerly anticipating the upcoming release, and thought I'd share this awesome return sketch by Neil Camera.

Offline drono

« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2016, 08:16:19 AM »
When are we finally going to get these?  The promised us a Christmas delivery, but I can't remember if it specified 2015 or not.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2016, 09:07:38 AM »
I think they will ship in three weeks.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2016, 11:47:12 AM »
I'm eagerly anticipating the upcoming release, and thought I'd share this awesome return sketch by Neil Camera.

Pat that sketch is awesome!  I also was lucky enough to nab One of Neil's Attacky Packages 'Space Nit' and can't wait to crack open a box of MAO in a few weeks!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:37:32 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »
I think they will ship in three weeks.

Topps did indicate the end of March for delivery just this morning - also wrote that they were 'still on schedule'....ha!  :P
A

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:47 PM »
Here was an interesting blurb on Kickstarter for MA Occupation -

Hobby boxes: in process of die cutting and hot foil stamping. So far, about 400 silver foil boxes folded and glued. will need 850 silver, 160 green foil, 75 red foil, 50 gold foil.

Did Topps mention about the differently stamped hobby boxes previously? And are these the general boxes that contain the packs, or the boxes that contain the complete sets? I don't recall any level or price differential on either of those items, so the different colored foils are a surprise. I do recall different levels/colors of sketches.
If these are the boxes containing the packs, it looks like 1,135 total boxes are to be produced - not a lot of product.
A

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2016, 05:16:19 PM »

Did Topps mention about the differently stamped hobby boxes previously?
yes, it was in the $75,000 stretch goal details

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2016, 05:41:32 PM »
yes, it was in the $75,000 stretch goal details

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks! A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2016, 03:32:13 AM »
I am getting the Supreme Bundle with a Red Foil Stamp. So I get a super rare box. That's an interesting point.  I knew my bundle comes with one hobby box of cards in addition to the complete sets of cards. I plan on opening the packs in the box to try to score an auto or a metal card. Each box has two "hits" One will be a sketch and the other will be an Auto, a metal, or a lumber card. I did not spring for the pack filled with all the artist auto's ; but I would like to get one of them. Maybe I will be able to trade for one.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2016, 05:50:20 AM »
I am getting the Supreme Bundle with a Red Foil Stamp. So I get a super rare box. That's an interesting point.  I knew my bundle comes with one hobby box of cards in addition to the complete sets of cards. I plan on opening the packs in the box to try to score an auto or a metal card. Each box has two "hits" One will be a sketch and the other will be an Auto, a metal, or a lumber card. I did not spring for the pack filled with all the artist auto's ; but I would like to get one of them. Maybe I will be able to trade for one.

I'm still wondering why they are putting different color foil stamps on boxes - aren't the contents the same?  Apparently I missed something.

Lumber cards I thought were MLB Wackys.  Did you mean letterpress?