Author Topic: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!  (Read 197660 times)

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
Re: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2015, 04:09:18 PM »
Man these are fantastic! Great work my friend! Love it.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
Neil, you gotta produce a limited set of these. They're off the charts man.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2015, 06:54:16 AM »
Thanks a bunch! If it were up to me, I'd print a million of 'em ;)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:50 AM »
Kickstarter supporters won't get the physical printed Mars Attacks Occupation cards until Feb. 2016 at least.

Heck, I'm still waiting for a Kickstarter campaign towards Wacky Packages Old School 6 sometime in 2016!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2015, 06:43:12 AM »
The elves are pretty busy on Mars this time of year...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:38:24 AM by RawGoo »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2015, 05:25:10 PM »
UPDATE: The sketch cards are sold - thank you to everyone for your consideration!

Attention Earthlings! I've decided it 'tis the season to give my Mars Attacks sketch cards a good home for the holidays! If you're looking for the perfect stocking stuffer, please consider this original 3 card set of Topps MAO sketch cards, hand painted in gouache and signed on back! Send your jolliest offer to me in a PM and I will touch base on Wednesday evening (12/16) at 6 ET to determine the lucky human!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:06:17 PM by koduck »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2015, 02:33:20 PM »
I picked up this Green Logo  Sketch at the last Philly Show. Notice the Back is different than Neil's Red Logo Cards.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:38:47 AM by RawGoo »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »
I picked up this Green Logo  Sketch at the last Philly Show. Notice the Back is different than Neil's Red Logo Cards.

Very cool! Yep, each sketch card color has a different back. Makes collecting even more fun!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:39:08 AM by RawGoo »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »
Whoa!!! Latest Mars Attacks Kickstarter Update has some cool news! 

"On sheet one below you'll notice a series of Wacky Packages cards along the right side.

This is a special 9-card set that we'll provide FREE to all backers who purchased a physical product!  We were hoping to keep these a surprise, but after the most recent delay we thought we'd announce them to make up for the inconvenience.

These 9 images were sketch cards by Neil Camera that we decided were just too cool to only be sketch cards!  Neil graciously cleaned up and spruced up the sketches in Photoshop and we are printing them as special Kickstarter Exclusive Bonus Cards!"

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2016, 05:06:48 PM »
Just got that notice as well. Super sweet!!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 05:09:16 PM »
Wait, are those still an available option or is it only for those who pledged months ago?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »
Wait, are those still an available option or is it only for those who pledged months ago?

They're baking it into the rewards people already pledged for - for free (as long as they pledged for a physical reward).  So if you pledged for a physical reward back in June, you get a set of the cards.  And it SOUNDS like it's one set per backer, though that's just how I read it. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2016, 05:14:59 PM »
So there's no chance to get a set now? Grr.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2016, 05:27:40 PM »
So there's no chance to get a set now? Grr.

I can see how this is going to be polarizing news for some Wacky collectors. 

I myself did end up becoming a backer sort of at the 11th hour and opted in for a hobby box reward.  So for me this is "cool news"...  but I understand your pain. 

I wouldn't be surprised however if these "Kickstarter Exclusive Cards" somehow make it into a future Wacky subset, as non-exclusive stickers. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:33:53 PM by JasonLiebig »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »
There are actually 10 Neil Camera pieces of art on the side of the proof sheet - is the bottom one, that has a different colored border, actually part of the main set perhaps? Or the other bonus card that had already been announced? A

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2016, 05:53:10 PM »
There are actually 10 Neil Camera pieces of art on the side of the proof sheet - is the bottom one, that has a different colored border, actually part of the main set perhaps? Or the other bonus card that had already been announced? A
that's the first bonus card that was announced months ago.
You can see it in the very first post in this thread

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2016, 07:28:20 PM »
I can see how this is going to be polarizing news for some Wacky collectors. 

I myself did end up becoming a backer sort of at the 11th hour and opted in for a hobby box reward.  So for me this is "cool news"...  but I understand your pain. 

I wouldn't be surprised however if these "Kickstarter Exclusive Cards" somehow make it into a future Wacky subset, as non-exclusive stickers.

I hope you're right about the last part of your post.  I thought those cards were excellent and way too cool to keep out of the hands of true Wacky collectors.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2016, 07:34:26 PM »
Adam Levine wanted me to pass along that this set happened because of all the Wacky fans here who expressed an interest in the Wacky/MAO sketch cards! Many thanks to all of you for making this a genuine Wacky success story!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:13 PM »
Neil, so great to see Topps respond so perfectly to a forum request.  Also congrats, it looks like an amazing sub-set!  It will go nicely with the 'Space Nit' return card I got from you.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2016, 02:18:51 AM »
This is cool news. Exactly what we asked for! Topps gets extra points on this one!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2016, 03:41:11 AM »
Adam Levine wanted me to pass along that this set happened because of all the Wacky fans here who expressed an interest in the Wacky/MAO sketch cards! Many thanks to all of you for making this a genuine Wacky success story!

This is wonderful news!!!  And, it's great to know that Topps listened to us!  Please pass along sincere Wacky thanks!

Offline drono

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2016, 04:32:35 AM »
Now I'm wondering how I can get one of those uncut sheets instead of the one I pledged.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2016, 04:36:07 AM »
Now I'm wondering how I can get one of those uncut sheets instead of the one I pledged.

I didn't pledge for uncut sheets, and don't remember - were there choices?

Offline drono

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2016, 04:39:04 AM »
I didn't pledge for uncut sheets, and don't remember - were there choices?

No, I don't remember any choices on uncut sheets.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2016, 05:15:54 AM »
With the lack of Wacky postcards and Old School last year, after seeing the Attacky Packages promo I went to town on this MAO offering, and am eagerly anticipating delivery.  I really liked the options to be guaranteed special subsets, and the extra bonuses added after pledges increased was a treat.  This wacky subset is awesome icing on the cake!  Hopefully there will be a few available on ebay.  I pledged for extra Attacky Packages promo cards, and can help forum friends with those.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2016, 06:42:11 AM »
Neil, so great to see Topps respond so perfectly to a forum request.  Also congrats, it looks like an amazing sub-set!  It will go nicely with the 'Space Nit' return card I got from you.

Thanks Joe for the kind words, but really, all of the thanks go to Adam Levine! He was the reason we were able to see these printed.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
while there is an "ATTACKY PACKAGES" it's not the same one used on the promo, which Neil did at a larger size for the official card.

The above quote is from a update on the MA kickstarter. So it looks like the Attacky Packages card in the Wacky subset will differ from the promo card.

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2016, 02:53:46 PM »
while there is an "ATTACKY PACKAGES" it's not the same one used on the promo, which Neil did at a larger size for the official card.

yeah, that's not really making any sense to me. What is that 10th card then, if not the promo?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »

Kudos to you Neil for having your labor of love be included in the Kickstarter! They look fantastic!

Also, kudos to Adam Levine for listening to the Wacky fans. Since he still may be listening, let me make sure to express my interest in seeing these produced in some form to be made available for those of us not participating in the Mars Attacks Kickstarter.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2016, 11:29:15 AM »
Lastly, when all the sketch cards were delivered, we found Neil had done 8-10 different Wacky Packages themed sketches. After he shared them with WP fans online, it was suggested that Topps produced a printed set of them.
Once we realized we had about 9-10 open slots on our main printing plate, Neil offered to scan and clean up the sketch cards he drew (removing the corner logo, for instance) and we slapped them in at the last minute-- complete with a 9-piece puzzle of the "Attacky Packages" promo across the backs.
We were hoping to keep them a surprise, but after our latest delay we wanted to show them off so fans could understand how hard we're working to make their rewards extra special, and to make sure they knew the extra wait would be worth it!
-Topps

There are 9 cards in the set. The tenth, at the bottom, is the original "Wacky Packages" Promo card included in the campaign. The original art for that one was drawn at a larger size, which is why it does not appear as a sketch card that can be found in packs. However, Neil did draw an "Attacky Packages" sketch card which will be randomly distributed, it's just not the one used to create the promo.

The above is taken from the kickstarter site. So Neil did an Attacky Packages Sketch that we can pull out of a pack which differs from the promo card. Cool!

The 9 card set having the puzzle on the back is sooooo cool.  This set will be a keeper.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:32:57 AM by DrDeal »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »
Wow, a puzzle back too!!!  This release just keeps getting better and better! 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2016, 01:12:54 PM »
I want a Wacky Set !!!!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2016, 06:14:33 AM »
A couple of pics that Adam Levine posted while at the printer!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:41:11 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2016, 01:35:25 PM »
You're killing me. Here's hoping for an opportunity down the road for the rest of us to get a set of Attacky Packages.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2016, 12:03:38 AM »
More Mars Attacks Pics!

Presses Running

Printing Plates

Quality Inspection

Stacks Coming off the Press
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:42:00 AM by RawGoo »