Author Topic: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!  (Read 197684 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2015, 08:41:23 AM »
I agree I did get a level that includes all the letter presses.  I am very happy with all the upgrades that are coming. I laugh though, we are so close to using dinosaur fossils in the ink.  Is it just me or does that really mean anything to anyone?

I don't care one little bit about that.  I DO hope they get to the other two goals so that the "Then and Now" and "Dinosaurs Attacks" chase subsets go up 3 cards each.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 09:08:25 AM »
The $160,000 stretch goal is a big addition - 3 more Dinosaurs Attack Letter-Press cards!  Can't see how they won't hit that today, as they're at $159,786 already.  That stretch goal may prompt people to go up to the level that includes all letter-press cards.

I originally was at the pledge level that has a full set with chase cards and a binder. After 30 days I am at the Frost Ray Level that includes all 12 Letterpress "Hit" cards. My feelings about this set changed over time after watching it develop on Kickstarter.  It was a fun ride and I look forward to continuing to follow the conversation about it on the KS Page in the comments section.  I do think we will reach the $175 Level so all the chase subsets will be 9 card sets. I think that purchases made after the campaign ends via the survey will count towards the stretch goals.

I will be pretty excited if Topps does a Old School 6 release on Kickstarter.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:11:00 AM by DrDeal »

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »
Well past the 175,000  :great:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 03:06:47 AM »
At 181K now. Only one stretch goal left with 8 hours to go. At 185K they add Tyranosaurus Rex Fossil dust to the Dino Attacks Letterpress card ink. Nice to see the
campaign succeed. Almost 500 backers. We could probably do as well or better with OS on Kickstarter.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
Finished at 198K. Not bad at all. Looking forward to this set. The contents of the set changed quite a bit due to stretch goals being met. This was fun to follow. I look forward to OS6 on KS if it happens. One of the Options was to get your face on a a card in the set. It was pricey ($1965) but a cool idea and they sold 3 out of 5 of those spots.  It would be pretty cool to have some type of a mention on a Wacky Pack card.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:24:03 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2015, 04:24:45 PM »
($1965)
actually $1962, the year of the original card release.
so your face on a wacky would probably cost a few dollars more, if there's a similar kind of gimmick

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
It would be pretty cool to have some type of a mention on a Wacky Pack card.

Ask Brother Shoe  ;)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2015, 07:27:28 AM »
Finished at 198K. Not bad at all. Looking forward to this set. The contents of the set changed quite a bit due to stretch goals being met. This was fun to follow. I look forward to OS6 on KS if it happens. One of the Options was to get your face on a a card in the set. It was pricey ($1965) but a cool idea and they sold 3 out of 5 of those spots.  It would be pretty cool to have some type of a mention on a Wacky Pack card.

they show it in the ADD-ON the 2 cards GPK and Wacky Mashup...

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2015, 10:00:18 AM »
I want the ability to buy extra base sets as an add-on without having to pay $80 for a box.
you've gotten your wish - they're allowing extra base sets (with display box) for $40 as post closure additional purchases.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 02:38:10 AM »
you've gotten your wish - they're allowing extra base sets (with display box) for $40 as post closure additional purchases.

Cool!  I wanted a base set for a friend.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2015, 06:22:14 AM »
Lots on controversy surrounding post-campaign moves by Topps on this set. Check the comments on the Kickstarter page to view the proceedings.

I think this one is key to watch as it may provide a template for OS 6 on KS. I will be watching to see if they continue take our feedback to the post-campaign survey plans into account. Currently a few changes need to happen with the survey before they roll it out; in order for me to feel they did right by the backers. They hit four times their funding threshold of 50K by selling about 200K worth of cards. Now they are offering the Exclusive Variant Binder which you had to spend minimum of $700(Which I did) to obtain for $50 separately.They are also not allowing backers to change their pledge levels ; but  are allowing backers to purchase additional pledge level bundles after the fact. So if you spent $300 and want to move to $700 level, you can't ; but you can add the $700 level bundle as long as you keep that $300 purchase too.  We made our choices on pledge levels during the campaign and that should be that. No changing the levels or buying additional levels should be allowed. That defeats the purpose of the time-bound KS campaign.

So it looks like $200K was not enough pre-sales and now they are taking steps to add another $XXK to the pot before production begins; thus watering down the exclusivity of the items in the set as production increases to meet the after-campaign purchases. Some backers made decisions on what to pledge as the campaign wound down ; taking into account how many of each pledge level had been claimed and how limited the items in the pledges would be. Hopefully some changes to the post-campaign survey will occur before it goes out.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2015, 06:33:12 AM »
Lots on controversy surrounding post-campaign moves by Topps on this set. Check the comments on the Kickstarter page to view the proceedings.

I think this one is key to watch as it may provide a template for OS 6 on KS. I will be watching to see if they continue take our feedback to the post-campaign survey plans into account. Currently a few changes need to happen with the survey before they roll it out; in order for me to feel they did right by the backers. They hit four times their funding threshold of 50K by selling about 200K worth of cards. Now they are offering the Exclusive Variant Binder which you had to spend minimum of $700(Which I did) to obtain for $50 separately.They are also not allowing backers to change their pledge levels ; but  are allowing backers to purchase additional pledge level bundles after the fact. So if you spent $300 and want to move to $700 level, you can't ; but you can add the $700 level bundle as long as you keep that $300 purchase too.  We made our choices on pledge levels during the campaign and that should be that. No changing the levels or buying additional levels should be allowed. That defeats the purpose of the time-bound KS campaign.

So it looks like $200K was not enough pre-sales and now they are taking steps to add another $XXK to the pot before production begins; thus watering down the exclusivity of the items in the set as production increases to meet the after-campaign purchases. Some backers made decisions on what to pledge as the campaign wound down ; taking into account how many of each pledge level had been claimed and how limited the items in the pledges would be. Hopefully some changes to the post-campaign survey will occur before it goes out.

Before the pledge session ended, it looked to me like there would be something like 30-35 variant binders.  Now there are an extra 50 available, which greatly diminishes the scarcity and potential future value of that binder.  But, as I recall, there were several pledge levels above $700 that did not include the variant binder.  It might have been better if they only allowed people who had pledged for one of those levels to add the variant binder.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:45:19 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2015, 06:44:33 AM »

I wonder how many on here were part of the original campaign - i agree with their move to allow no new pledges and only those who originally pledged get the add-ons. I think it was run very professionally and the communication was outstanding - my firm would need to take notice :)))

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2015, 06:51:12 AM »
I think there were enough people here who pledged that there will be several threads, including trading, after the product is delivered and packs are killed. We might actually gain a few members!

Mars Attacks cards may have predated my collecting by several years, but I remember seeing them as a kid from friends' older siblings.  I also remember bringing one home from a Wacky trade, and being told I couldn't keep it.  That kind of made it more alluring, and I think the same thing may apply to other Wacky collectors.

The kickstarter campaign was run quite well.  But, if someone upped their pledge at the end to the $700 level because they thought they'd be able to sell the variant binder for $100 to recover some of their costs, they're probably not very happy right now that people who pledged much lower amounts can now order one for $50.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:57:20 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2015, 10:52:26 AM »
I agree with Dr Deal's quoted paragraph about the variant binder - i agonized for days about going up to the $700 bundle and figured out how to change my pledge amount before I finalized the pledge. Now you can get it for $50 as an add-on??? Perhaps they won't include the exclusive card that goes with it. Was initially really pissed when they announced all the additional items you could purchase after the fact and including new pledgers and am glad they amended that....A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2015, 03:06:40 AM »
Latest word is the Variant Binders will NOT be offered as Add-Ons. Now we are working on them to not allow additional purchases of extra pledge levels as Add-Ons.
Being allowed to Upgrade your pledge level seems reasonable. That is what I proposed; along with others. Time will tell. The post campaign survey comes out in a few days.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »
Thought this might be of interest to wacky folks:

Pledge for a physical item on our Mars Attacks Kickstarter before May 25th and get this EXCLUSIVE Wacky/Mars Attacks mashup sticker card-- FREE!

kickstarter.com/projects/mars-attacks/mars-attacks-occupation-trading-cards

This just in for those who pledged to get MARS ATTACK OCC SKETCH CARDS ALMOST ALL WILL BE COLORED SKETCHES !!! Nice addition we need Wackys to come out with something like that maybe OS6 who knows???

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2015, 02:31:59 AM »
This just in for those who pledged to get MARS ATTACK OCC SKETCH CARDS ALMOST ALL WILL BE COLORED SKETCHES !!! Nice addition we need Wackys to come out with something like that maybe OS6 who knows???

With  Mars Attacks the Black and White Sketches will be the rare ones  :)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2015, 03:47:51 AM »

Too funny! 

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2015, 10:53:46 AM »

Check out the upper left corner of pic.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:44:20 AM by RawGoo »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2015, 12:59:37 PM »
KKKoool! _ never new my 1st ex-wife was soooo photogenic!

Offline drono

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »

I guess I'm in luck.  I've never gotten a color sketch!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 06:46:19 AM »
KKKoool! _ never new my 1st ex-wife was soooo photogenic!

Nice!!! ;)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »
I guess I'm in luck.  I've never gotten a color sketch!

Just make sure you are sitting down when you open your packs. Many have been hurt when they lose their balance after scoring a color sketch.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
A new MAO Wacky return card I just finished and available. If interested, send me a PM

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:45:00 AM by RawGoo »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2015, 06:22:40 PM »
A new MAO Wacky return card I just finished and available. If interested, send me a PM

That's great Neil!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2015, 06:30:43 PM »
Just make sure you are sitting down when you open your packs. Many have been hurt when they lose their balance after scoring a color sketch.
That's awesome!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2015, 07:49:46 AM »
Thanks! So, here's another one to add to the MAO Wacky collection (also available):

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:45:17 AM by RawGoo »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2015, 10:02:18 AM »
Neil,

Those sketch cards are sweet! Will you be doing a green logo Sketch return too? What others will you be doing?  Yours Mars Attacks Wackies are cool enough to warrant their own release as a subset.  Maybe you could make a set of repro's of all the MA Wackies you do and sell them on this site???

Andrew
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:04:00 AM by DrDeal »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
Thanks! I haven't really been paying attention to the borders, but I've got a few greenies around here somewhere. I'll post more as soon as I can...

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »
Dude, you really HAVE to make a whole set of these mashups!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
Dude, you really HAVE to make a whole set of these mashups!!

I will pay $30 for a set of reprints of Neil's MA Wacky Mashups. Just sayin'.........

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2015, 06:36:53 AM »
Holiday greetings from Mars

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:45:54 AM by RawGoo »

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »
Very nice Neil !

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
Thanks Jeff! Here's some more holiday cheer from mars...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:46:13 AM by RawGoo »