Author Topic: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!  (Read 197642 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!
« on: May 18, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
Thought this might be of interest to wacky folks:

Pledge for a physical item on our Mars Attacks Kickstarter before May 25th and get this EXCLUSIVE Wacky/Mars Attacks mashup sticker card-- FREE!

kickstarter.com/projects/mars-attacks/mars-attacks-occupation-trading-cards

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:46:50 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Joe G.

Re: Mars Attacks Occupation Wacky Promo!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 09:55:17 AM »
Neil, super fun and very cool.  Thanks for the heads up!  Also I believe there is a Joe Simko Mars/GPK promo for the GPK fans out there.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »

Pledge for a physical item on our Mars Attacks Kickstarter before May 25th and get this EXCLUSIVE Wacky/Mars Attacks mashup sticker card-- FREE!

Even if you already pledged when the campaign started? And what are the phyiscal items?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 10:58:53 AM »

That is too cool!!  I must have one........

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
Even if you already pledged when the campaign started? And what are the phyiscal items?

Not sure about the specifics Daryl, but I'm sure they explain it all on the kickstarter website.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »

From what I understood from checking out the site, the physical items are anything except the $10 "Watching from Mars Digital Rewards."  It also sounds like anyone who's contributing gets whatever new stretch bonuses come out, regardless of when they pledged.  Hope I've got this right!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »
From what I understood from checking out the site, the physical items are anything except the $10 "Watching from Mars Digital Rewards."  It also sounds like anyone who's contributing gets whatever new stretch bonuses come out, regardless of when they pledged.  Hope I've got this right!

That sounds right.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »
as we say around my neck of the woods, "Wicked Awesome!"

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »
I think this promo helped this project out quite a bit today. Almost at $105K. Nice way to boost their sales and awareness of the project.
I was hoping to score a Neil Mashup Sketch ; but knew that was a long shot. Now I have an actual Wacky/ MA card locked down. VERY COOL!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:31:25 PM by DrDeal »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 01:38:05 PM »

Just bumping the thread, as after re-reading Neil's post, it seems that this particular bonus might only be for pledges made before 5/25.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:06:09 PM by RawGoo »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 01:32:28 PM »
Just got an email from Topps.  Today is the last day for pledges to include the Wacky promo.  So, if you're on the fence, now is the time to act!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 03:08:14 AM »
They are past $122 K now ; so hopefully the Wacky promo ending helped pull in some more pledges. Very cool to have the wacky card included. Neil's mashup sketches are the best....but pulling one will be a long shot. This makes that situation much better.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 04:11:23 AM »
They are past $122 K now ; so hopefully the Wacky promo ending helped pull in some more pledges. Very cool to have the wacky card included. Neil's mashup sketches are the best....but pulling one will be a long shot. This makes that situation much better.

378 backers as of this morning, so there should be about that many Wacky promo stickers created.  I'd have added more stuff if it would have gotten me extras of that sticker, but it apparently doesn't work that way.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 11:18:42 AM »
Dang! Missed that promo card!!! Will have to look for it on Ebay I guess...
Alex

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »

Damn... that's pretty awesome.  Sorry I didn't check in earlier.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:48:28 AM by RawGoo »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 03:37:51 AM »
Dang! Missed that promo card!!! Will have to look for it on Ebay I guess...
Alex

I would guess that certain OLD's have opened multiple pledge accounts on KS and purchased the minimum physical item pledge in order to score multiples of this and the GPK promo's.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 03:53:54 AM »
I would guess that certain OLD's have opened multiple pledge accounts on KS and purchased the minimum physical item pledge in order to score multiples of this and the GPK promo's.

I tried to order extras, but the system wouldn't let me.  Maybe it was because I didn't understand Kickstarter "accounts."  Bummer.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 03:13:34 PM »
I tried to order extras, but the system wouldn't let me.  Maybe it was because I didn't understand Kickstarter "accounts."  Bummer.

I would think you would need multiple email addresses to set up multiple accounts. Not sure; but where there is a will.....

I would not be surprised if some of the bigger OLD's ended up with more than one of the promo wackies for re-sale.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 02:08:39 PM »
So they just added 8 of Wacky and 8 of the GPK Mashup cards to each 8 box case Retailers order for the MA KS. That should be good news for some retailers

and should help drive last minute retailer pledges.  I bet this project cracks $150k soon.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 02:26:28 PM »
So they just added 8 of Wacky and 8 of the GPK Mashup cards to each 8 box case Retailers order for the MA KS. That should be good news for some retailers

and should help drive last minute retailer pledges.  I bet this project cracks $150k soon.

Andrew, that's good, hopefully that will make the easier to get on the secondary market!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 07:57:36 AM »
Promo cards now available for $5 each with your pledge on kickstarted! Unlimited amounts - no restrictions.....A

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 06:01:08 AM »
Promo cards now available for $5 each with your pledge on kickstarted! Unlimited amounts - no restrictions.....A

The promo card is listed a combo... does that mean this is a new (and different) card that has WP promo on one side and the GPK on the other? 

Or does the $5 get you a set of both cards?
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 06:12:13 AM »
The promo card is listed a combo... does that mean this is a new (and different) card that has WP promo on one side and the GPK on the other? 

Or does the $5 get you a set of both cards?

I'm taking it to mean both cards for the $5.  Very glad they did this!  With it being Memorial Day, I think a lot of Wacky collectors might have missed out on Attacky Packages for the last weekend deadline.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 08:44:55 AM »
Guys,

My current hobby budgets (focused on candy, pretty much) don't really allow for me to buy into a Mars Attacks set.  However, I'd love to get a set of these promo cards.  Anyone willing to proxy purchase a set of the promos for me?  Let me know. 

Thanks! - Jason

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
Guys,

My current hobby budgets (focused on candy, pretty much) don't really allow for me to buy into a Mars Attacks set.  However, I'd love to get a set of these promo cards.  Anyone willing to proxy purchase a set of the promos for me?  Let me know. 

Thanks! - Jason

You've got it Jason!  I'm ordering some extras for people who missed out last weekend.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 10:01:40 AM »
You've got it Jason!  I'm ordering some extras for people who missed out last weekend.
okay, so I guess there is not actually a selection to make to add this? you just add money to your pledge amount, then Topps will ask you later what you want?
this seems a bit haphazard.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 10:17:17 AM »
okay, so I guess there is not actually a selection to make to add this? you just add money to your pledge amount, then Topps will ask you later what you want?
this seems a bit haphazard.

Yep, confused me too.  Thanks again to Monsterettes for setting me straight! 

Haphazard it may be, but I like the idea of being able to select what chase levels and extras I want.  However, if they ever do this for Wackys, I want the ability to buy extra base sets as an add-on without having to pay $80 for a box.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:19:41 AM by RawGoo »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 10:24:33 AM »
Forgive my confusion, but I'm not understanding all these options.  Maybe I just need to read this thread over, but what item(s) exactly can people get and for what amount?  I'm not all that interested in Mars Attacks, but I love the various Wacky mashups and wish I could get a set of just those cards, but that doesn't sound like an option.  If I could get just one mashup, I would.  But is that possible?  Can I get one without having to pledge to Mars Attacks?  If so, which mashup card could I get?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »
Haphazard it may be, but I like the idea of being able to select what chase levels and extras I want.  However, if they ever do this for Wackys, I want the ability to buy extra base sets as an add-on without having to pay $80 for a box.
yeah, it's nice being able to pick and choose some of the stuff.
no extra base sets is odd. I guess you could pledge again under a different address at the $40 level? but that would only get you one extra set at a time.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2015, 10:35:18 AM »
Forgive my confusion, but I'm not understanding all these options.  Maybe I just need to read this thread over, but what item(s) exactly can people get and for what amount?  I'm not all that interested in Mars Attacks, but I love the various Wacky mashups and wish I could get a set of just those cards, but that doesn't sound like an option.  If I could get just one mashup, I would.  But is that possible?  Can I get one without having to pledge to Mars Attacks?  If so, which mashup card could I get?

Neil has been posting many awesome mash-ups in a different thread, but all except the one at the top of this thread are unique sketch cards that will be randomly inserted into Mars Attacks packs.  The one at the top of this thread you could "order" today by pledging $25.  Or, those who are already pledging are now able to add the one at the top as an extra add-on to pledges.  Not sure if it will be a sticker or a card, but it's cool!

I'd love to see a future Wacky release include a subset of all of Neil's Wacky/MA mash-ups, but I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:41:46 AM by RawGoo »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
I'd love to see a future Wacky release include a subset of all of Neil's Wacky/MA mash-ups, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was thinking the same thing.  I was never impressed with what I saw in regard to the aborted Star Wars Wacky Packages mash-up set, but Neil's Wacky/Mars Attacks?  That's a set I'd get behind!  Great, fun stuff to just seems to blend so together so much more organically. 

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »
Yep, confused me too.  Thanks again to Monsterettes for setting me straight! 

I *think* you have the option to get the wackys simply by adding to your pledge amount. I'm sure enough to put my money on it anyway. 

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 03:59:19 AM »
For those of you who didn't get in before the cutoff to get a free wacky mashup.  There is now an add on for 5 dollars that gives you both the wacky  and GPK promo card. They are just short of 160k, so there is a lot of add one that are going to be distributed

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 04:45:24 AM »
For those of you who didn't get in before the cutoff to get a free wacky mashup.  There is now an add on for 5 dollars that gives you both the wacky  and GPK promo card. They are just short of 160k, so there is a lot of add one that are going to be distributed

The $160,000 stretch goal is a big addition - 3 more Dinosaurs Attack Letter-Press cards!  Can't see how they won't hit that today, as they're at $159,786 already.  That stretch goal may prompt people to go up to the level that includes all letter-press cards.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:07:41 AM by RawGoo »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
The $160,000 stretch goal is a big addition - 3 more Dinosaurs Attack Letter-Press cards!  Can't see how they won't hit that today, as they're at $159,786 already.  That stretch goal may prompt people to go up to the level that includes all letter-press cards.
I agree I did get a level that includes all the letter presses.  I am very happy with all the upgrades that are coming. I laugh though, we are so close to using dinosaur fossils in the ink.  Is it just me or does that really mean anything to anyone?