Author Topic: Series 6 postcards in hand! **Spoiler alert!**  (Read 41117 times)

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
Re: Series 6 postcards in hand! **Spoiler alert!**
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 09:11:14 PM »
Would someone mind posting a scan of the postcards? At least Captain Moron. Thanks.

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/931608365_PnB2k-XL.jpg[/expando]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/931608365_PnB2k-XL.jpg[/expando]
Thanks! Wow, that's a nice one. What a crazy unique character, not to mention the amazing bottle rendering.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
Cool Ron, just saw the post about your Choke Wagon win from Ted&Jeffrey's. I just ordered from them just before coming onto this forum tonight. Kawinkydink. Is that the shadow box from that seller that you just recommended yesterday? The 3D-er? Was gonna get the Minute Lice, but am waiting for a more favorite title of mine to appear hopefully...

My Ted&Jeffrey order is 2 bum chex version OS 4 Puzzle cards, a Cracked Jerk die cut (my 1st die cut card) and a OS12 Martian Hats. Wooo who !!
Contact the seller and she will make almost any original series title! Tell her I sent you, and she might give you a break??? She is really nice & very talented!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
this is the one I may keep, but it's hard for me to say. It's got everything I love, great drawing & Dr. Ono!

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 11:02:29 PM »
I also wanted to mention, this is the best Wacky Postcard series yet. every piece is strong, and the execution is wonderful. Congrats to everyone involved!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2010, 12:22:36 PM »
What is the concensus on "completeness" in keeping the numbered wrappers with the #'d COA and sketch card?  I really think it was a tragic mistake to number the wrappers as I really don't want to hoard 4 wrappers to go with my 4 sketches but I do want to keep open the possibility of trading sketches and I don't want to hurt myself by making the wrappers available to those who missed out.
If I were trading, I'd be expecting to exchange the COA and numbered wrapper along with the sketch.  The lack of the wrapper might not be a deal breaker, but it would make me consider other offers first, or at least ask for something in consideration.

I wish I had something to trade................... :-[

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
Here's the sketch card I received.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »
Here's the sketch card I received.

(Image removed from quote.)
Is there a master list of the sketch card categories ie was each post card and bonus card represented by at least one sketch?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2010, 06:35:17 AM »
Is there a master list of the sketch card categories ie was each post card and bonus card represented by at least one sketch?

I think this is what you are asking………….

Killing Croc (Brent E.)
Maulboro (Neil)
Alpha Bytes (John Z.)
Philly Runt (Smokin Joe)
Captain Morons (Smokin Joe)
Lice (Matt K.)
H8 Juice (Matt K.)
H8 / Lice Combo (Matt K.)
Captain / Runt Combo (Smokin Joe)
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2010, 06:42:52 AM »

Here are my 5………………….

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2010, 08:18:31 AM »
Here are my 5………………….

Love that angry tomato!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2010, 08:37:06 AM »
Love that angry tomato!
Matthew can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is a beet. That was my wife's other suggestion for H8 - to make the beet angry!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2010, 08:57:35 AM »
Matthew can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is a beet. That was my wife's other suggestion for H8 - to make the beet angry!

Your right! It does look more like a beet.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2010, 10:39:53 AM »
I got all excited when I came home for lunch because there was a white box on my stoop.  Wasn't LE postcard sets though, it was a bunch of Star Trek plates I got from redeeming 'tokens' from Kellogg's cereal boxes.  Don't think I've ever been so disappointed at getting a Star Trek collectible in the mail.  However, inside the mailbox (along with two Star Trek crew shirts, also courtesy of Kellogg's) was my envelope of regular postcard sets.  What a great set!  I drink several cans of V8 a week, there's even a little fridge full of it in my office, and I think it shall be H8 to me from now on.  I really hope there's a veggie sketch in my future!!!!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »
Yep, that is a beet. ^-^ I only did a few beets, maybe 4 or 5.   I H8 BEETS! for real.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2010, 03:41:15 PM »
Here are my 5………………….
wow. pretty wild how the moron's hook goes over the outer pink edge! white out? or white ink?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »
wow. pretty wild how the moron's hook goes over the outer pink edge! white out? or white ink?
Maybe this has been covered, but does anyone know what type of pens or ink that was used for the sketches? The card stock seems pretty slick. Some of the lines are so fine I wonder if a rapidograph type pen was used for some parts.  I’m curious if any of the sketch artists did any of their work using magnification. When I hold my sketch card up to the light, it appears some areas were drawn with a soft felt tip type pen (fine point Sharpie?) and it seems other areas were drawn with a harder tipped pen that left slight scratches and indentations on the card.

And, I wonder how the artists drew the sketches without dinging up the cards. Did they use a card holder of some sort? Or did some get a bit beat up?  

(oh sorry, off topic)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:26:36 PM by Jean Nutty »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »
Have any of the color sketches been found? I haven't seen any here on the forum or on eBay.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
Have any of the color sketches been found? I haven't seen any here on the forum or on eBay.

Not yet. I would like to at least see them
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:33:40 PM by BumChex »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
Me, too! Well, if you haven't seen them, I don't imagine many have been found. Please let us know if you hear of any.

Just to start rampant speculation, I wonder if those are the ones that were "lost"?

Offline Kook

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »
There were scans on Brent Engstrom's site & Matthew Kirscht's website of most of the sketches they did. I went back to check them out (including the color ones) but they're gone. Does anyone happen to have a scan of those sketches? There were a lot of very nice ones but I didn't save a copy.

Taz

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2010, 06:38:43 PM »
There were scans on Brent Engstrom's site & Matthew Kirscht's website of most of the sketches they did. I went back to check them out (including the color ones) but they're gone. Does anyone happen to have a scan of those sketches? There were a lot of very nice ones but I didn't save a copy.

Taz

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »

\
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:42:22 PM by Taz »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
Thanks for posting those. Those look like about half from each artist. Would be great to see them all.

Taz

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
Thanks for posting those. Those look like about half from each artist. Would be great to see them all.

I grabbed what I could, I thought there was some talk that not all the sketches were scanned?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:21:37 PM by Taz »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
My sketch was a nicely-colored beet

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2010, 04:19:24 AM »
I got all excited when I came home for lunch because there was a white box on my stoop.  Wasn't LE postcard sets though, it was a bunch of Star Trek plates I got from redeeming 'tokens' from Kellogg's cereal boxes.  Don't think I've ever been so disappointed at getting a Star Trek collectible in the mail. 

I couldn't order the Star Trek plates because the stores around here did not have any more boxes with the required tokens for redemption on them anymore.  I needed another token.     

Offline Kook

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2010, 05:44:14 AM »
I grabbed what I could, I thought there was some talk that not all the sketches were scanned?
Thanks for the post Taz! That's what I remember - ALL 60 of Brent E's & 30 of Matthew K's. We'll have to get the remainder of Matthew K's Neil's, Smokin Joe's & John Z's one at a time as they appear here & on ebay.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:47:22 AM by billf »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2010, 06:02:15 AM »
My sketch was a nicely-colored beet

Picture?

Taz

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2010, 08:24:30 AM »
Thanks for the post Taz! That's what I remember - ALL 60 of Brent E's & 30 of Matthew K's. We'll have to get the remainder of Matthew K's Neil's, Smokin Joe's & John Z's one at a time as they appear here & on ebay.

Can Brent, Joe, John or Matt elaborate a bit more in the sense were all the sketches scanned or not and can they be posted here on the forum?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »
I did not take a picture of all 60, just 30 of them.

As to the posting scans at this point what I know is I can not show the sketches I did, but if you bought the sketch you are of course able show it. Hope that helps!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »
Picture?

I'll try and scan it tonight when I'm home from work. 

Don't know if the beet is angry or constipated, but it's nicely done LOL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
Can Brent, Joe, John or Matt elaborate a bit more in the sense were all the sketches scanned or not and can they be posted here on the forum?

We also have to keep in mind that the scans we do have are nice to have but are probably somewhat moot considering that a large % of them are still in a lost shipment and will probably never see the light of day! 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
We also have to keep in mind that the scans we do have are nice to have but are probably somewhat moot considering that a large % of them are still in a lost shipment and will probably never see the light of day! 
That's still just mind-boggling.  If that shipment is truly lost I don't see how Topps will be able to 'restore' the series, unless they have been keeping track of which set numbers were in which shipments, and which artist's sketches were in which set numbers.  Not that replacement sketches would have to be 'identical', or even the same titles/combos, but if there are to be 60 from each artist, they'd need to know how many replacements each artist needed to create.  And the numbering makes it even crazier.  Don't want to have a set numbered '35 of 300' from the original shipment, and then another (replacement) set numbered 35.  I've been trying to note set numbers when people have posted them, to see if there's maybe a specific range not represented, but most people don't post the numbers, and some of the ebay sellers didn't even realize they could tell the set number from the wrapper.  Does anyone have a set in the 200's?

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2010, 02:22:24 PM »
That's still just mind-boggling.  If that shipment is truly lost I don't see how Topps will be able to 'restore' the series, unless they have been keeping track of which set numbers were in which shipments, and which artist's sketches were in which set numbers.  Not that replacement sketches would have to be 'identical', or even the same titles/combos, but if there are to be 60 from each artist, they'd need to know how many replacements each artist needed to create.  And the numbering makes it even crazier.  Don't want to have a set numbered '35 of 300' from the original shipment, and then another (replacement) set numbered 35.  I've been trying to note set numbers when people have posted them, to see if there's maybe a specific range not represented, but most people don't post the numbers, and some of the ebay sellers didn't even realize they could tell the set number from the wrapper.  Does anyone have a set in the 200's?

While I don't remember every #, I do know that all of mine were BELOW #200.  My highest I think was in the 130's, lowest was #13.

eman