Author Topic: NEW! Wacky Packages Wall Art!  (Read 24349 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: NEW! Wacky Packages Wall Art!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
Well it looks like they've hit the streets as Joe Malone just posted one for sale on eBay.  Nice pics if anyone is interested.

Mine showed up today, earlier than they had indicated.  I like the 5x7 cards.  Sorry I ponied up for a large one, as the resolution is very disappointing.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2015, 05:38:59 PM »
Mine showed up today, earlier than they had indicated.  I like the 5x7 cards.  Sorry I ponied up for a large one, as the resolution is very disappointing.
Got mine today, as well. Ditto on the 5x7 cards, they are fairly decent quality and kinda cool, 'specially being limited quantity. Too bad to hear about the "poster size" ones being a bit shoddy. A shame.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2015, 03:38:59 AM »
Got mine today, as well. Ditto on the 5x7 cards, they are fairly decent quality and kinda cool, 'specially being limited quantity. Too bad to hear about the "poster size" ones being a bit shoddy. A shame.

The printing and card stock for the large one is done as nicely as the small ones - I think the problem I'm having with it is that the new text and blue/red election stuff is brand new and sharp, and the enlarged original Cap'n Crud lettering looks kind of "Cruddy" in comparison.  Checking out the 5x7s, I think there are some other titles that might look a lot better in the large size.

The 5x7s just fit into two pocket pages, so I'm putting them in a Wacky postcards binder.  They display really nicely that way.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:41:57 AM by RawGoo »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2015, 05:06:52 AM »
Mine is at the PO in Va.Beach..... strange how FedEx hands off to the PO instead of handing it off to me???????

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2015, 09:21:10 AM »
Got mine last night... and was lucky enough to get #1 / 99...!!  That has never happened before.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »
I can beat that. I got lucky #13 of 99 :-)  >(  ;)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »
My set arrived today (#04/99 for those scoring at home). I like the set. The size of the cards is nice and its a fun election tie-in item. A nice item at the price.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online Joe G.

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »
I got number 6.  I wonder if they sent them in the order we ordered them?

Offline 7-Pup

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 12:25:38 AM »
If that's true, I got the last set - number 99!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2015, 01:57:15 AM »

I didn't order until they were almost gone, and got in the 30's.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
I didn't order until they were almost gone, and got in the 30's.
And I ordered pretty early in the timeframe and got #64.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »
So it was random.  I wonder why, when you think it would be easier to just pack them in order as orders come in.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
So it was random.  I wonder why, when you think it would be easier to just pack them in order as orders come in.

I'm sure these came in more than 1 box, and I'm sure more than 1 person packed these. So, if that is the case, each person would start from a different number. (plus I doubt any case had the #1 on it and said "start here")

by the way, I did not buys these so my number is 0.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
I'm sure these came in more than 1 box, and I'm sure more than 1 person packed these. So, if that is the case, each person would start from a different number. (plus I doubt any case had the #1 on it and said "start here")

by the way, I did not buys these so my number is 0.

Jim, don't know and no big deal but I just curious that if someone wanted a low number could they do something (order early perhaps) to increase their chances.  Doesn't seem like they could.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2015, 06:11:07 PM »
#62 and #63 here

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »
looks like these were ready in 2014, or else someone put down the wrong date initially in the copyright notice.
you can still see the '4' on four of the card fronts, where a 2015 was pasted poorly over a 2014 (3, 4, 9, 10)

Online Joe G.

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »
looks like these were ready in 2014, or else someone put down the wrong date initially in the copyright notice.
you can still see the '4' on four of the card fronts, where a 2015 was pasted poorly over a 2014 (3, 4, 9, 10)

(Image removed from quote.)

Patrick, great catch.  It also looks like the copyright symbol was half covered by the 2015 paste over. 

Offline vahsurfer

Political Postcards 2015
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2015, 10:14:20 AM »
Here is my set #62/99 - I am glad I was able to grab a set!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2015, 11:57:19 AM »
Is there anyone else here who missed out on this set?  Send me a PM.

Offline lcummins

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2024, 12:30:52 PM »
...looks like these were ready in 2014, or else someone put down the wrong date initially in the copyright notice.
you can still see the '4' on four of the card fronts, where a 2015 was pasted poorly over a 2014 (3, 4, 9, 10)...

Patrick, great catch.  It also looks like the copyright symbol was half covered by the 2015 paste over.

Sorry to bring up an 9 year old thread... the story as I understand it was that Topps had a falling out with their then current printer who then withheld everything they had printed on hand. Topps moved to another printer and these Parody Art Prints were released in 2015. A few years ago, the original 2014 art prints (along with a bunch of other material, mostly sports) made its way from the former printer to the secondary market. I have a complete set of the 2014 version, but they are not serial numbered like the 2015 version. What are your thoughts about a set like this? Do some of you consider it a 'bootleg' since it wasn't officially released by Topps?

Here is card number 1 front and back...

Here is a comparison of the copyright dates on the two versions, and the badly pasted over 2015's...

And finally, the only difference I can find (other than the dating) is for "Blue Beanie"... title changed color...

Online Joe G.

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2024, 12:45:13 PM »
Ha so cool, thanks for posting.  I’m sure there will be a number of opinions on this but I wouldn’t consider them bootleg just more like extra stock.  Years ago I bought a copy of a limited print that Frazetta had released in the 70s.  The print is unsigned and unnumbered but was just extra stock that the printer had that was found when they finally closed shop.  I’d consider your set to be similar to that.  Something fun and cool to have but not necessarily part of a complete collection.

Sorry to bring up an 9 year old thread... the story as I understand it was that Topps had a falling out with their then current printer who then withheld everything they had printed on hand. Topps moved to another printer and these Parody Art Prints were released in 2015. A few years ago, the original 2014 art prints (along with a bunch of other material, mostly sports) made its way from the former printer to the secondary market. I have a complete set of the 2014 version, but they are not serial numbered like the 2015 version. What are your thoughts about a set like this? Do some of you consider it a 'bootleg' since it wasn't officially released by Topps?

Here is card number 1 front and back...

Here is a comparison of the copyright dates on the two versions, and the badly pasted over 2015's...

And finally, the only difference I can find (other than the dating) is for "Blue Beanie"... title changed color...

anything