Author Topic: 2007 ANS6 die cut errors / miscuts  (Read 883 times)

Offline Alexeirex

2007 ANS6 die cut errors / miscuts
« on: December 01, 2023, 07:55:36 PM »
I was going through piles of duplicates including the 2007 ANS6 series that I'm going to gift my young cousins and found a rubber banded stack separate from the other cards.
I looked more closely and noticed that the cards were all mis-diecut / miss kiss cut where if peeled off, the shapes would not match the graphics either cutting off part of the design or including lots of the white part of the cards.
Obviously the wrong product shapes were cut into the cards. I don't recall separating these cards and I can't find any threads here discussing this but I must have been tipped off that these existed so set them aside.
I have 28 different of these cards with no dups - does anyone remember these? Does anyone collect these?
A

Offline Plastered Peanut

Re: 2007 ANS6 die cut errors / miscuts
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 02:43:49 AM »
I have 28 different of these cards with no dups - does anyone remember these? Does anyone collect these?
A

Most likely a sheet or several sheets fed upside down into the die-cutting process.   A neat anomaly for sure, but high value doubtful.  I like to collect misprints and miscuts for fun.   I have a Cheapios/Windhex pair from OS4 (each has the other's upside down diecut).
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 06:10:20 AM »
I have a Cheapios/Windhex pair from OS4 (each has the other's upside down diecut).
That sounds really unique and cool.  Best I have as far as ‘error’ cards is an OS5 Glutton miscut badly enough to include about 5% of an adjacent Hungry Jerk.

Offline freetoes

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 08:57:30 AM »
That sounds really unique and cool.  Best I have as far as ‘error’ cards is an OS5 Glutton miscut badly enough to include about 5% of an adjacent Hungry Jerk.

I have a Fool Guard without the diecut. I've always wondered how that slipped through. My favorite errors are the 1973 baseball card mules with a player on the front and a Series 1 Wacky checklist on the back.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 12:09:33 PM »
I have a Fool Guard without the diecut. I've always wondered how that slipped through. My favorite errors are the 1973 baseball card mules with a player on the front and a Series 1 Wacky checklist on the back.

The baseball errors are some of my favorites too!
I didn't think that the miscuts were valuable, more wondering if anyone recalled the errors or collected these - this must have been mentioned in a 2007 posting which must have made me look at the cards twice originally.
A

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 02:16:01 PM »
I once purchased a Series 16 set where about half of the stickers were missing the kiss-cuts.  I considered keeping it, but could not afford to buy a second set at the time, so I sent it back for a set with the kiss-cuts.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 07:04:00 PM »
I once purchased a Series 16 set where about half of the stickers were missing the kiss-cuts.  I considered keeping it, but could not afford to buy a second set at the time, so I sent it back for a set with the kiss-cuts.

How unusual - must have all been from the same un kiss cut sheet - A

Offline mikecho

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 08:05:23 PM »
Do you happen to know what the numbers of Wackys were? I'd like to check mine out and see if any of them are wrong. Then, of course, they'll have to be replaced.