Author Topic: Wacky Packages Postcard Newsletter  (Read 16196 times)

Offline Zenergizer

Re: Wacky Packages Postcard Newsletter
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 08:16:48 AM »
this may sound like a silly (i.e. naive) question, but is there presently a Topps newsletter out there? 

If so, how does one subscribe?

p.s. Neil, those big wrappers are the BEST! 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 09:23:12 AM »

I think everyone agrees on how cool the wrappers are. They make the set! Also, when is PC 7 going to be released?  :D

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »
Not sure how they would include images in an electronic newsletter, unless it was somehow linked to the web.
Are you saying that you've never received an email with pictures imbedded in it? Really?

Offline blunderbrent

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »
Are you saying that you've never received an email with pictures imbedded in it? Really?
Indeed I have sir, and they blew my mind!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »
this may sound like a silly (i.e. naive) question, but is there presently a Topps newsletter out there? 

If so, how does one subscribe?

Has anyone scanned a wrapper?  I'm wondering how they're numbered.  And are they like the old wax wrappers?  I know someone mentioned glue rubbing off, so I'm presuming they're glued shut.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »
Has anyone scanned a wrapper?  I'm wondering how they're numbered.  And are they like the old wax wrappers?  I know someone mentioned glue rubbing off, so I'm presuming they're glued shut.
In case someone doesn't beat me to it, see below.  I guess I should have scanned the wrapper against a black ground, let me know if you'd like me to redo it -- no problemo if so!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:40:49 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
In case someone doesn't beat me to it, see below.  I guess I should have scanned the wrapper against a black ground, let me know if you'd like me to redo it -- no problemo if so!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thanks Elizabeth!  It's an awesome wrapper, and the "Paste 'Em Anyplace" kid is there, but now as the "Post 'Em Anyplace" kid -that's great!!

Wow, the wrappers are numbered as part of the printing, I thought it would be hand written like the sketches.  That had to have made the packaging process a challenge.  Or, perhaps the sketches aren't numbered until they're packed up with a COA?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
Also, when is PC 7 going to be released?  :D

Slow down there cowboy!!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »

Wow, the wrappers are numbered as part of the printing, I thought it would be hand written like the sketches.  That had to have made the packaging process a challenge.

It was a challenge, alright!!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2010, 05:34:56 AM »
It's an awesome wrapper, and the "Paste 'Em Anyplace" kid is there, but now as the "Post 'Em Anyplace" kid -that's great!!

Glad you like! "Post 'em anyplace" was inspired by our very own Fred Wheaton! Brilliant idea!!!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 05:52:51 AM »
It's an awesome wrapper, and the "Paste 'Em Anyplace" kid is there, but now as the "Post 'Em Anyplace" kid -that's great!!

Wow, the wrappers are numbered as part of the printing, I thought it would be hand written like the sketches.  That had to have made the packaging process a challenge.  Or, perhaps the sketches aren't numbered until they're packed up with a COA?
I didn't even notice the "Post 'Em Anyplace" line, brilliant!  Obviously it did indeed require a lot of effort to coordinate the wrappers and sketches and COAs (as Neil noted).  Kudos to you Neil, each series of postcards is even better than the last!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010, 05:59:06 AM »
Glad you like! "Post 'em anyplace" was inspired by our very own Fred Wheaton! Brilliant idea!!!
I liked the "Post 'em Anyplace" on the binder, but somehow, I like it even more on a wrapper.  More nostalgic, I guess.  The wrapper looks great, and the "Lice" Wacky on it is incredibly detailed for a wrapper depiction!  Too bad that couldn't have been on the binder.  Just curious - what prompted the inclusion of a wrapper this time around?  And, is this likely to continue, or was the packaging process too much trouble?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010, 08:54:05 AM »
Just curious - what prompted the inclusion of a wrapper this time around?  And, is this likely to continue, or was the packaging process too much trouble?

It's costly, time-consuming and a huge pain in the rump! Of course I'll do it again!!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »
Slow down there cowboy!!

I want to mark it on my calendar so I don't miss out ;D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2010, 03:57:32 PM »
It was a challenge, alright!!!

I bet they were printed on an Indigo digital press?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

anything