Author Topic: Looking to buy an Old School 5 set of 33 stickers + 9 checklist cards  (Read 3647 times)

CaseyRob

I usually wait a while after the Old School releases to pick up a basic 33+9 set on eBay, but I guess the Old School sets got complicated enough that no one is offering it like that.  Anyone out there willing to help me out and sell me a basic set?

Casey

Edit: acquired! (well, paid for, anyway...)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:26:30 PM by CaseyRob »

Offline MoldRush

Re: Looking to buy an Old School 5 set of 33 stickers + 9 checklist cards
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:24:15 AM »
I tried doing the same thing, and know your frustrations all too well.

I think what's different with this series is that Topps didn't put a puzzle card in every pack, only every 4th one I think, so you don't have the usual abundance of checklist cards and that's why you're seeing the stickers sets offered without puzzles, and the complete puzzles going for a bit more than you'd expect.  I broke down and picked up a puzzle from cardgarys, he's been the only one listing complete puzzles consistently.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Looking to buy an Old School 5 set of 33 stickers + 9 checklist cards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »
I tried doing the same thing, and know your frustrations all too well.

I think what's different with this series is that Topps didn't put a puzzle card in every pack, only every 4th one I think, so you don't have the usual abundance of checklist cards and that's why you're seeing the stickers sets offered without puzzles, and the complete puzzles going for a bit more than you'd expect.  I broke down and picked up a puzzle from cardgarys, he's been the only one listing complete puzzles consistently.

That definitely made a difference for me.  It just seems wrong to sell an Old School sticker set without a puzzle.  I guess it's OK for the Die-Cuts though!

anything