Author Topic: Wacky Packages Old SchoolŪ 5 Stickers 24-Pack Box  (Read 16758 times)

Offline havok77

Wacky Packages Old SchoolŪ 5 Stickers 24-Pack Box
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:57:25 AM »
I have 2 boxes factory sealed . 23.00 each . price includes shipping and tracking . please pm

Offline Paul_Maul

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Old SchoolŪ 5 Stickers 24-Pack Box
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 09:32:28 AM »
that Topps Store postage will kill you though

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »
The best, though, is the people that buy from this guy:
wtf? do people seriously still use l@@k? ? ?
It's always an indicator that what is being sold is either overpriced or trash, or more likely both.

Offline havok77

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:54:22 PM »
They are 19.99 at the Topps Store.

http://entertainment.topps.com/wacky-packages-old-school-5-stickers-24-pack-box.html

I know but still cheaper cuz my shiping and tracking was included in price . they have been sold

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Wacky Packages Old SchoolŪ 5 Stickers 24-Pack Boxw.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 06:26:53 AM »
Cardgarys is selling boxes without sketch card for $12. He does not mention though that the packs with puzzle cards have also been pulled. Of the 23 packs I opened, the only non back variation inserts I got were 2 tattoos.

Offline quas

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 07:43:39 AM »
Cardgarys is selling boxes without sketch card for $12. He does not mention though that the packs with puzzle cards have also been pulled. Of the 23 packs I opened, the only non back variation inserts I got were 2 tattoos.

I know Gary very well and deal with him often.  In the spirit of friendship and good relations I just told him about your message and he indicated that this was not done intentionally in any way, shape or form.  If you contact him he'll do whatever it takes to make it right.
Marc

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 02:36:57 PM »
I know Gary very well and deal with him often.  In the spirit of friendship and good relations I just told him about your message and he indicated that this was not done intentionally in any way, shape or form.  If you contact him he'll do whatever it takes to make it right.

That's nice and I appreciate it. It's a little hard to believe that it's a coincidence though. A box should have six puzzle pieces and I got zero.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
Dave, I'm with Marc, I can't see that Gary did it intentially.  Also you paid $12, not exactly a fortune.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 02:46:34 PM »
I don't really care enough to argue about it. However, if one knows what pack the sketch is in and that's all that's being removed, how could this possibly occur?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 03:15:33 PM »
Dave, I don't think you can know which pack had the sketch.  I would guess that he just keeps opening packs until he pulls a sketch and sets the remaining packs aside.  He then gathers the remaining packs together to fill up a sketch-less box.  It was random and you just happened to get a puzzle-less box.  I don't think there was any evil intent in what he did. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:47:47 PM by Joe G. »

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
Dave, I don't think you can know which pack had the sketch.  I would guess that he just keeps opening packs until he pulls a sketch and sets the remaining packs aside.  He then gathers the remaining packs together to fill up a sketch-less box.  It was random and you just happened to get a puzzle-less box.  I don't think there was any evil intent in what he did.

I've actually now learned how to find the one sketch pack in the box of 24.  There are 5 or 6 very stiff packs, and almost all the others are very flexible.  There is one and only one pack that is "in between" in terms of flexibility, and that's the sketch pack.
Marc

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
Marc, thanks, do you know if that's how Gary did his picks?  Also when you bought your last batch of boxes where they in cases or not?

Offline quas

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 05:22:11 PM »
Marc, thanks, do you know if that's how Gary did his picks?  Also when you bought your last batch of boxes where they in cases or not?

Hi Joe,

Not sure about Gary on that point.....

Topps doesn't seem to be consistent when it comes to sending boxes versus cases.  Last batch I received was just boxes, but when I ordered more beforehand it was cases.  What I really don't understand is why Topps even bothers to sell "cases."  If a case sold at a discount to the equivalent number of boxes, it would make sense to me.  But, other than the current price quirk where no one in their right mind would buy a case, the cost of a case has equaled the cost of 8 boxes so there's been really no point in ordering one versus the other.
Marc

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »
I accept that the result was not Gary's intention. However, if packs were being picked randomly, the odds of my not getting one with a puzzle piece are astronomical. The likelihood is packs were being opened to build puzzles and somehow, unintentionally, I was given packs that were left over from this process. No other explanation is plausible.

Offline quas

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 06:37:49 PM »
I accept that the result was not Gary's intention. However, if packs were being picked randomly, the odds of my not getting one with a puzzle piece are astronomical. The likelihood is packs were being opened to build puzzles and somehow, unintentionally, I was given packs that were left over from this process. No other explanation is plausible.

I agree.  Assuming 5 of the 24 packs were stiff and had puzzle pieces, then once the sketch card pack is taken out of the equation, the odds of a particular pack not having a sketch card are 18 in 23.  Raising 18/23 to the 24th power, assuming a random pull from a very large population of packs, results in the probability of no puzzle packs in a batch of 24 being about .003 or 3 in 1,000.  Assuming 6 of the 24 packs were stiff and had puzzle pieces, the odds would be .0007, or 7 in 10,000.

However, that being said (and calculated), I continue to recommend contacting Gary and the immediate issue will be taken care of!   :great:
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 01:04:54 AM »
I've actually now learned how to find the one sketch pack in the box of 24.  There are 5 or 6 very stiff packs, and almost all the others are very flexible.  There is one and only one pack that is "in between" in terms of flexibility, and that's the sketch pack.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to try that with the boxes I've got coming.

Offline quas

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 02:25:08 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to try that with the boxes I've got coming.

It takes a little practice, but once you get it, you can find the pack virtually 100% of the time.
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »
They are now down to $14.99 a box...AND they adjusted the case price accordingly to $119.99. It's actually a bit tempting to get some...but I'll likely resist. LOL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 04:51:02 AM »

That worked wonderfully!  I went 8 for 9.  I'll eventually kill the other packs, but I've got a lot on my plate right now.

anything