Author Topic: Postcard Rant  (Read 4115 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Postcard Rant
« on: March 26, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »
I'll try to make this short as possible :]

I think the Postcard series is one of the best thing to happen to Wackys. So why no postcards in 2014? Topps got greedy. It started out as a huge fan experience with fun sketches and great art. Very limited and not stupid bathroom jokes of ANS. total quality. It started out with 100 sets as a sample run. Then went to 200 and such. It should have stayed that way. Again,  Topps got greedy and went to several sets and not so limited and it killed the run. Total tragedy. They charged a premium for thes cards and even as they added more QTY they still raised the price.

I think this might be more of a shout out to Neil Camea since he conceived the whole Postcard series. Now he gets to see his baby go down in flames. It was great and we need to bring it back at an actual limited set.

How fun was it to stay up late just to get your order I? We broke records of most people on the forum waiting for information. Now no one cares. Maybe we now need our last 'series 16' postcard release that not too many people know about. One last hurrah.

Offline Lavirus

Re: Postcard Rant
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:24:15 AM »
Hear, hear. How great was the surprise home-made Halloween postcard last year? Alas, I don't expect a "Lost Postcards" series similar to what Greg pulled off with the "Lost Wackys" sets.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:11 AM »
Count me in for a Midnight Postcard Sale.  Those were fun times.  My postcard binders are feeling neglected as far as additions go. Its time to revisit postcards.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:17:46 AM by DrDeal »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 09:18:35 AM »
Brad, you're preaching to the Choir here, we all love postcards but I'm not sure your reasons for low sales are accurate.  I'd say that sketch fatigue is the biggest reason.

Offline ElectricSlave

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »
I wont make any post cards of my wackies initially...I'll wait until people get the sets and see if they like them. if they want wacky post cards I'll wait until I get four orders. they'll be a buck each plus shipping or a set of 30 for $25 plus shipping. they will be 1/4 of a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of cardstock and the backs will be hand printed.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 07:46:05 PM »
yeah, I think all of the artists miss creating concepts for them, and we're hoping that they emerge sometime soon!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
yeah, I think all of the artists miss creating concepts for them, and we're hoping that they emerge sometime soon!

:smileinbox:

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:11:19 PM »
Neil, well said!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »
I think it is a dis-service to those of us that are loyal to the Postcard series..... Hoping for a surprise soon!  >:D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »
I bough an extra binder to fill up. It can't go to waste.