Author Topic: Postcard toploaders?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Playskull

Postcard toploaders?
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
Does anybody know of a toploader and sleeve that exists that would be an ideal size for individual Wacky postcards?  The toploaders that are a bit bigger than 5 x 7 on the outside leave too much extra room for my taste.  The next standard size down seems to be a bit over 4 x 6 on the outside.  These are just a hair too narrow for the Wacky postcards.  I have a beat up old toploader that measures a bit over 5 x 6 on the outside, but I have no idea where it came from. While it's not perfect, this is the best size I've seen yet for these postcards.  Does anybody know where to get toploaders and sleeves around this size?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Postcard toploaders?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 08:15:12 AM »
Does anybody know of a toploader and sleeve that exists that would be an ideal size for individual Wacky postcards?  The toploaders that are a bit bigger than 5 x 7 on the outside leave too much extra room for my taste.  The next standard size down seems to be a bit over 4 x 6 on the outside.  These are just a hair too narrow for the Wacky postcards.  I have a beat up old toploader that measures a bit over 5 x 6 on the outside, but I have no idea where it came from. While it's not perfect, this is the best size I've seen yet for these postcards.  Does anybody know where to get toploaders and sleeves around this size?

I've researched that same issue, and I don't believe there is an ideal toploader for this size.  I use 5" x 7", and although around 4mm is exposed on the top of the cards, at least they don't stick out beyond the top of the sheet, and they fit nice and snug.  I tried the larger 5.5" x 7" 2-pockets but the cards shift around too much which bothers me.  If you find a better solution please let me know!

It would be cool if one of the sheet manufactures would get set-up for custom sizes.  I'm sure they would cost more but it would be worth it to me.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)