Author Topic: Check Out the Latest PSA Set Registry Feature!  (Read 32023 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Check Out the Latest PSA Set Registry Feature!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »
I used the same white back scan for all of them just so the album would look more legit. Unfortunately the same scans were put into my registry set, which annoys me, because they're not the actual backs.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »
Very nice to see Dave. When I get mine complete I will try this also. Right now I am 5 short and looking.
I'll have my 16th series finished first. Maybe I'll try this with those too.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 02:00:21 PM »
Brian, just curious, which 1sts do you still need?

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »
Jail-O, Liptorn, Dopey, Spray Nit, Lavirus, and Kook-Aid ( I have one graded but it's only a 6.5 ). I'm looking for PSA 7 or higher..

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »
Jail-O should be the easiest of those, and Spray Nit not too bad. The others are among the tougher ones. Best of luck!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »
Very cool! Like Bill said, very nice set! Almost as nice as mine. 

LOL, kidding, of course.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 03:24:10 AM »
http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/Album.aspx?setid=133267

That's a sweet set for sure!  I'm still on the fence about having my series 1 graded.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 06:15:46 AM »
That's a sweet set for sure!  I'm still on the fence about having my series 1 graded.

I was terrified to submit my nicest stuff to PSA. I thought they would damage it or mess it up somehow.

Here are the factors to consider. You are not planning to sell the set. So really the only reasons to have it graded are

a. The added value/liquidity should you need to sell it/someone else needs to sell it
b. The fun of getting PSA's stamp of approval

For part a.) it's mostly worth it if you're expecting grades of 8+ IMHO, with the per card cost at $7 with a $120 annual membership. It does take some experience to gauge that.

As for part b.) I was surprised how much fun it was waiting for the results. But it's not for everyone.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
Really nice collection there. I've got all my 1st series slabbed as well. I haven't looked at them in a couple years so I took a peek just now. Overall mine are mostly 7+ but I also have about 5 that are OC. I thought I replaced the OC cards but I guess not.

I just looked and a PSA 8 Band-Ache sold for $750. I just looked and mine is an 8 but it's also OC. Dang. Wonder how much OC affects the selling price?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 10:16:53 AM »

I just looked and a PSA 8 Band-Ache sold for $750. I just looked and mine is an 8 but it's also OC. Dang. Wonder how much OC affects the selling price?

A lot, unfortunately. If you had requested no qualifiers, chances are it would have gotten a 6, though an 8OC would probably sell for a bit more than a straight 6.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »
Jail-O should be the easiest of those, and Spray Nit not too bad. The others are among the tougher ones. Best of luck!
Dang, I was hoping you asked because you had some extras laying around.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
Sorry, I do have a bunch of extra 7s from series 2-6 though.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
Dang, I was hoping you asked because you had some extras laying around.

Here's what I have. What's the going rate?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 02:56:52 PM »
If you need pricing on anything specific I have access to all sales data.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
If you need pricing on anything specific I have access to all sales data.

I'm just showing the cards ratchet needs. If the price is right I may sell and then go back on the hunt.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
I was terrified to submit my nicest stuff to PSA. I thought they would damage it or mess it up somehow.

Here are the factors to consider. You are not planning to sell the set. So really the only reasons to have it graded are

a. The added value/liquidity should you need to sell it/someone else needs to sell it

For part a.) it's mostly worth it if you're expecting grades of 8+ IMHO, with the per card cost at $7 with a $120 annual membership. It does take some experience to gauge that.

As for part b.) I was surprised how much fun it was waiting for the results. But it's not for everyone.

It's mostly just plain old curiosity - are these stickers really as nice as I think they are?  It would be fun to find out.  They might also be safer if sealed up, but then again I remember a story from the old forum about a gem mint sticker that got crimped while being slabbed.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 04:11:05 PM »
It's mostly just plain old curiosity - are these stickers really as nice as I think they are?  It would be fun to find out.  They might also be safer if sealed up, but then again I remember a story from the old forum about a gem mint sticker that got crimped while being slabbed.

That was what scared me too. But I've never had one damaged yet.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
The hardest thing for me to accept was how strict they are on centering. This Sugarmess is close to perfect in every way except for the centering. With better centering it would easily be a PSA 9. I'm not willing to consider a higher graded card an improvement unless it's as nice as this one, AND has better centering. I've turned down several 8s and a 9 and kept this one because I feel it's nicer.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 04:39:20 PM »
but then again I remember a story from the old forum about a gem mint sticker that got crimped while being slabbed.
John Frick's Series 3 Hungry Jerk got a 10...and they killed it.   :'(

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »
John Frick's Series 3 Hungry Jerk got a 10...and they killed it.   :'(

It mustn't have been too bad as he sold it to the number one wacky set registry guy, probably for a tidy sum.

Gogtter's 3rd series set.....

9245730761       HUNGRY JERK   10   1   0   

...there's only one 10.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:54:38 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 06:24:58 PM »
Here's what I have. What's the going rate?

As an example: Jail-O PSA 7

2/25/13    eBay    Image    bfarin    a***o    1    $14.95        
12/30/12    eBay    Image    scdad2be    u***7    2    $24.50        
8/29/12    eBay    Image    rickyunt89    n***5    5    $19.99        
1/31/12    eBay    Image    mass35nyc    p***e    BIN    $19.78        
5/18/10    eBay    Image    shiverbones    y***8    2    $11.61        
3/22/09    eBay    Image    oh_hairy!    a***w    3    $5.50        
3/1/09    eBay    Image    oh_hairy!    f***t    8    $12.51        
4/10/08    eBay    Image    70topcat    r4racerx    5    $18.50        

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 09:22:23 PM »

When I send in any card, I grade it myself and see how close I come.  I do pretty well except for o/c.  I guess I am a little bit more forgiving than PSA

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 01:27:17 AM »
When I send in any card, I grade it myself and see how close I come.  I do pretty well except for o/c.  I guess I am a little bit more forgiving than PSA

I was thinking that it might be fun to see if I am anywhere close to correct in looking at my series 1 and figuring there's some 9s in there.  The Paul Maul looks especially nice to me.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 07:26:51 AM »
A PSA 9 Paul Maul with no tilt, nicely centered and cut is probably worth over $500. Again, if you're keeping it regardless, doesn't really matter, but food for thought. A PSA 8 is only worth about $150.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 08:54:35 AM »
A PSA 9 Paul Maul with no tilt, nicely centered and cut is probably worth over $500. Again, if you're keeping it regardless, doesn't really matter, but food for thought. A PSA 8 is only worth about $150.

Yeah, I know.  I'm sort of looking for something fun to pursue for original Wackys.  One thought was a graded sticker set.  I've also got part of a die cut set I could search to complete, and part of an ad set.  Of course, those involve Ratz, Cracked, and Good and Empty, not to mention the die cut numbering variations and the ad perforations, which is daunting, but may be more rewarding in the long run.  I appreciate you letting me pick your brain!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2015, 09:35:55 AM »
Yeah, I know.  I'm sort of looking for something fun to pursue for original Wackys.  One thought was a graded sticker set.  I've also got part of a die cut set I could search to complete, and part of an ad set.  Of course, those involve Ratz, Cracked, and Good and Empty, not to mention the die cut numbering variations and the ad perforations, which is daunting, but may be more rewarding in the long run.  I appreciate you letting me pick your brain!

Not to brag, but I have a worn out, ungraded, non-PSA 1st series cloth set. And no, you can't have it.  It's priceless.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »

That's what I decided to do with both the 1st and 16th Series Pat. I have about 25 16th Series stickers to submit for grading(which will complete my graded set)but, as far as the 1st Series goes, I am out of gradable stickers. The hunt can be fun and frustrating at the same time.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 09:47:18 AM »
Not to brag, but I have a worn out, ungraded, non-PSA 1st series cloth set. And no, you can't have it.  It's priceless.

Not even for my ungraded, punched die cut set?   ;D

I don't own a single cloth sticker.  Had considered pursuing that, but kept hearing about storage issues, and decided die cuts better suited me.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 10:56:59 AM »
Not even for my ungraded, punched die cut set?   ;D

It's awfully tempting but I'm stickin' with my cloth set :)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »
That's what I decided to do with both the 1st and 16th Series Pat. I have about 25 16th Series stickers to submit for grading(which will complete my graded set)but, as far as the 1st Series goes, I am out of gradable stickers. The hunt can be fun and frustrating at the same time.

I pursued ungraded high grade wackys for 11 years before I submitted anything, and I still only had about 20 1sts to submit that I was confident would be 8 or higher. Mint wackys don't grow on trees!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »
I pursued ungraded high grade wackys for 11 years before I submitted anything, and I still only had about 20 1sts to submit that I was confident would be 8 or higher. Mint wackys don't grow on trees!

Interesting stuff and very nice series 1!

Like Raw Goo, I think I may be ready to do something with the original series and maybe a graded set fits the bill. I don't think any of my lower series would get PSA 8s or higher, but some of my later series might. Is there much of a premium for a series 13-15 PSA 9 or 10? Do you have any idea how PSA feels about tire tracks?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
Interesting stuff and very nice series 1!

Like Raw Goo, I think I may be ready to do something with the original series and maybe a graded set fits the bill. I don't think any of my lower series would get PSA 8s or higher, but some of my later series might. Is there much of a premium for a series 13-15 PSA 9 or 10? Do you have any idea how PSA feels about tire tracks?

PSA is brutal on tire tracks. They will usually get a 6 if noticeable.

Everything in 9 or 10 brings a premium, but the early series are certainly more sought after. That said, PSA 9 or 10 15ths are still quite desirable. I would say 8s are less desirable in later series than in early.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 01:24:16 PM »
PSA is brutal on tire tracks. They will usually get a 6 if noticeable.

Everything in 9 or 10 brings a premium, but the early series are certainly more sought after. That said, PSA 9 or 10 15ths are still quite desirable. I would say 8s are less desirable in later series than in early.

Thanks!

anything